Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders is a better candidate than Clinton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Sanders is a better candidate than Clinton

I said it. I still believe Sanders has no chance to win the dem nomination, but I now believe he has a better chance to win the general nomination. I think it's a big mistake for folks like goldfly to become a wussy and essentially hand the nomination to Hillary. I think Bernie is in a position to win Iowa and New Hampshire. After that he should cruise to a victory. But he won't because Hillary has done all the bull**** necessary to win the nomination despite what the voters want.
    thank you weso1!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I like Sanders as a person but his views on economics disqualify him as the worst Presidential candidate

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I said it. I still believe Sanders has no chance to win the dem nomination, but I now believe he has a better chance to win the general nomination. I think it's a big mistake for folks like goldfly to become a wussy and essentially hand the nomination to Hillary. I think Bernie is in a position to win Iowa and New Hampshire. After that he should cruise to a victory. But he won't because Hillary has done all the bull**** necessary to win the nomination despite what the voters want.
    Problem is that Hilary has the party support and the black vote. Sanders needs to dominate the northeast and west and do well in the midwest.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I like Sanders as a person but his views on economics disqualify him as the worst Presidential candidate
    I don't like Sanders as a person and I've lost all respect for his supporters.
    thank you weso1!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    I don't like Sanders as a person and I've lost all respect for his supporters.
    How's that now?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,018 Posts
    I respect Sanders an awful lot, but in the political sense, he's nowhere near Hillary. He's had numerous chances to nail her to the wall and let her escape. And if he has to talk about something outside of his pet issues, he begins to stumble.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I think it's a big mistake for folks like goldfly to become a wussy and essentially hand the nomination to Hillary.

Honestly not sure why you tried to call me out of why you think I really support Hillary

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (01-12-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

You say that while trump, Cruz and Carson are front runners on the other side of just this political cycle and makes me question your statement honestly

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I respect Sanders an awful lot, but in the political sense, he's nowhere near Hillary. He's had numerous chances to nail her to the wall and let her escape. And if he has to talk about something outside of his pet issues, he begins to stumble.
    I think he doesn't have to at the moment.

He's just a few percentage points behind Hillary now in Iowa, and leading in New Hampshire.

He's done all of this without really getting negative, and last year being 50% behind Hillary in Iowa.

I think Sanders' campaign is capturing a lot of the spirit of Obama's 2008 campaign.

I actually am confident to say I think Sanders has a great chance of winning against Rubio, Cruz, or Trump. The Republicans are yet again self destructing and going after each other. Kasich, Paul, Huckabee are the only ones not going negative, and at least 2 of them are quietly just settling for a VP spot.

It's funny because usually my right wing friends on Facebook will post these ridiculous things about Obama, Hillary, Biden, Pelosi. The ridiculous things they post about Bernie aren't really ridiculous. They're just going after his personal life or questioning his intelligence. That's a big step from accusing Obama and Hillary of being Closet Muslims and plotting to destroy America from inside out.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    It's funny because usually my right wing friends on Facebook will post these ridiculous things about Obama, Hillary, Biden, Pelosi. The ridiculous things they post about Bernie aren't really ridiculous. They're just going after his personal life or questioning his intelligence. That's a big step from accusing Obama and Hillary of being Closet Muslims and plotting to destroy America from inside out.
    That will change if it starts looking like he'll be the nominee.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    That will change if it starts looking like he'll be the nominee.
    Agreed. But as of so far, the only thing big they've posted about him is that sex essay he wrote 40 years ago. Friend of mine in Burlington said in the big library there, Team Hillary has invaded and are going through all the archives (everything is still paper not digital yet) to find any dirt they can on Bernie. Maybe they're waiting for right before Iowa who knows.

Sanders just seems like he doesn't have the dirt Hilllary does. He certainly doens't have the big money connections like Hillary does, and if you watch old videos of him on youtube, he's basically preaching the same things back then as he is now, so the authenticity factor is there. Similar to Ron Paul.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-12-2016)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Oh and Biden sort of endorsed Bernie in his CNN interview yesterday. Basically saying Bernie has been championing income inequality forever and that Hillary is kind of new to the issue.
    Forever Fredi

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-12-2016), goldfly (01-12-2016)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Honestly not sure why you tried to call me out of why you think I really support Hillary

This turned me on.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (01-12-2016), goldfly (01-12-2016), jpx7 (01-12-2016), Prikichi (01-12-2016), The Chosen One (01-12-2016), zitothebrave (01-12-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I think he doesn't have to at the moment.

He's just a few percentage points behind Hillary now in Iowa, and leading in New Hampshire.

He's done all of this without really getting negative, and last year being 50% behind Hillary in Iowa.

I think Sanders' campaign is capturing a lot of the spirit of Obama's 2008 campaign.

I actually am confident to say I think Sanders has a great chance of winning against Rubio, Cruz, or Trump. The Republicans are yet again self destructing and going after each other. Kasich, Paul, Huckabee are the only ones not going negative, and at least 2 of them are quietly just settling for a VP spot.

I'm not sure whether the tightening of the race can be attributed much at all to Bernie. It's more likely Clinton's negatives are growing due to her and horn-dog. And as Matalin said her support is basically a bunch of feminists and supporters of her husband. Wonder why now the Clinton campaign is warning Bernie not to jump on the "let's look at Billy's history with women" train. Might be because Trump's response to Hillary's charge of sexism is doing some damage. Emails and "bimbos"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    You say that while trump, Cruz and Carson are front runners on the other side of just this political cycle and makes me question your statement honestly
    I am not supporting any of them. But Sanders' economic policies are worse than all of them. He doesn't understand elementary levels of economics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Oh and Biden sort of endorsed Bernie in his CNN interview yesterday. Basically saying Bernie has been championing income inequality forever and that Hillary is kind of new to the issue.
    The problem is that Sanders doesn't seem to understand that big government and regulation favors big business more... Here's a shocker for you, the government is the biggest its been in US history and the income inequality is the largest its ever been. That's the one thing that Carly Fiorina has said this that makes sense. Big government is great for big business, and not much else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Can Sanders get enough delegates even if he wins the popular vote? Not sure how the math could work in his favor. I just think there's no way Hillary doesn't get the required number of delegates before Sanders does. I think Sanders only chance is to absolutely crush Hillary at the caucuses. She's already got something like 300 or so super delegates, so she can claim those which essentially lowers the number of required delegates to win the nomination.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    How's that now?
    I take it back. I can't hate that man.
    thank you weso1!

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    The sad thing is that in theory, every single candidate should be like Sanders as a person, just with different views. That was the whole reason the forefathers set the system up in the first place.

Instead we are stuck with 1 candidate who is truly for the people in how many years? And it just so happens that his views are too radical for normal American's to agree with. The fact that he is 1 of 1000's when the system was set up for guys like him to be the majority is pathetic. Then again the blame can only be placed on the shoulders of the public...who vote in these career criminals to "represent" them.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    I'm not sure whether the tightening of the race can be attributed much at all to Bernie. It's more likely Clinton's negatives are growing due to her and horn-dog. And as Matalin said her support is basically a bunch of feminists and supporters of her husband. Wonder why now the Clinton campaign is warning Bernie not to jump on the "let's look at Billy's history with women" train. Might be because Trump's response to Hillary's charge of sexism is doing some damage. Emails and "bimbos"...
    But Bernie staying positive and on message one could argue is what's helping him. If he buried Hillary early on, Maybe Biden jumps in and he's competing against a more liberal centrist which would be bad for him. Biden and Hillary both in the race would have been ideal for Bernie
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg