Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves listening on Inciarte, Teheran, and Markakis for power bat; Freeman staying

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Braves listening on Inciarte, Teheran, and Markakis for power bat; Freeman staying

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14557912

Nothing especially new, but the recency of the news is pretty intriguing. Interesting to hear about interest in Markakis. Plus puts Freeman trade ideas to bed for the most part.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praeceps93 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-13-2016), The Chosen One (01-12-2016)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    There are powerful bats named Justin Upton and Yoenis Cespedes they can get without having to give up Teheran.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

emk418 (01-12-2016), JohnAdcox (01-13-2016)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Braves need to be reminded once Nick finishes his new offseason workout lifting program that he'll be the power bat we need. The power bat we deserve.
    Forever Fredi

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-13-2016), Dalyn (01-12-2016), JohnAdcox (01-13-2016), jpx7 (01-13-2016), Julio3000 (01-12-2016), Knucksie (01-13-2016), Runnin (01-12-2016)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    There are powerful bats named Justin Upton and Yoenis Cespedes they can get without having to give up Teheran.
    I think that was part of Markakis. Shop him off. Sign Justin or Cespedes for RF. Or LF with Olivera at 3B.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Braves need to be reminded once Nick finishes his new offseason workout lifting program that he'll be the power bat we need. The power bat we deserve.
    Hm...does this mean we can trade him for Matt Harvey?

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by praeceps93 View Post
    Hm...does this mean we can trade him for Matt Harvey?
    You have only been on the forum a few days.

Last year, we had a beloved poster who pushed the limits on homerism we've never seen before. From the day Heyward was traded to acquiring Olivera, to the day he stopped posting his homerism never wavered.

When the criticism of Nick Markakis began for not hitting any homers came about last year, this particular poster came jumping to the defense of Nick. Noting that he had just been through neck surgery and had not been able to have a full offseason regimen. His reasoning was, discount Nick's 2015, because when 2016 comes he'll have had an entire offseason without rehabbing, to finally lift weights again and be strong enough to hit double digit homers again.

I think you can imagine the type of hazing he received on here for standing by those comments.
    Forever Fredi

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    You have only been on the forum a few days.

Last year, we had a beloved poster who pushed the limits on homerism we've never seen before. From the day Heyward was traded to acquiring Olivera, to the day he stopped posting his homerism never wavered.

When the criticism of Nick Markakis began for not hitting any homers came about last year, this particular poster came jumping to the defense of Nick. Noting that he had just been through neck surgery and had not been able to have a full offseason regimen. His reasoning was, discount Nick's 2015, because when 2016 comes he'll have had an entire offseason without rehabbing, to finally lift weights again and be strong enough to hit double digit homers again.

I think you can imagine the type of hazing he received on here for standing by those comments.
    Uh...I was making a Dark Knight reference. Ya know, hero we deserve and all that. Harvey's nickname. All that stuff

11. The Following User Says Thank You to praeceps93 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-13-2016)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by praeceps93 View Post
    Uh...I was making a Dark Knight reference. Ya know, hero we deserve and all that. Harvey's nickname. All that stuff
    I don't acknowledge nicknames of division rivals, unless they played for us and I liked them.

The only nickname I acknowledge is cunt, and that's specifically for Mr. Harper of the Nationals.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

sc1767 (01-14-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I don't acknowledge nicknames of division rivals, unless they played for us and I liked them.

The only nickname I acknowledge is cunt, and that's specifically for Mr. Harper of the Nationals.
    You mean Captain/Lord Douchebag

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    I wonder who we are "listening" to. The Cubs seem like the obvious ones. Maybe the Rockies? Orioles? Rays?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    The Cubs would be my guess too. It would take alot more than Soler for Inciarte and Teheran. Those 2 together should get a good haul. Markakis would get a good reliever probably. Would they actually use the money on say Cespedes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I'd like Upton but he has the pick attached to him and I don't see them giving that up. Cespedes on the other hand...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I'd like Upton but he has the pick attached to him and I don't see them giving that up. Cespedes on the other hand...
    For us it would be a second round pick. So who cares

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    It would be our comp pick. I don't see the Braves giving up a pick at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Maybe not. But if Justin is willing to sign a team friendly deal we should jump on it. We'd add a handful of wins with a simple move

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-13-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I'd rather have Upton over Cespedes. Maybe the front office is seeing the price come down on a few power bats and will take a chance. It's better than trading valuable assets for one.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-13-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    I get the feeling Inciarte is gonna get traded. I'm not a fan of Bowden usually but what he said makes some sense about him and Mallex kind of overlapping. Both are speedy contact hitters who profile best in center. Inciarte probably has a bit more pop and plays better defense, Mallex has better on base skills and game breaking speed.

If we move Markakis, Inciarte could easily play right but his value is very reliant on his defense and that's maximized in center. If the Braves think Mallex's speed is going to eventually translate into good enough defense for him to stick at center, Inciarte is expendable.

I don't think we'll trade Markakis. He's one of the few veteran anchors we have. Also, trading him a year after signing him doesn't make us look great to free agents in the future. Free agents might not play a big factor for us now but who knows about next year. I think we have to wait until at least midseason to deal him with next winter being more likely.

Soler still makes the most sense for a guy we'd be targeting with Inciarte being the center of what we'd be giving up. The Cubs are known to be interested in Inciarte and trading for him would allow them to shift Heyward to right where he needs to be.

Soler profiles as the young power hitting corner outfielder we're looking for. He's easily got the skills to be a 25+ HR a year guy. With guys like Mallex, Swanson, and Albies on the horizon, we have a good stock of young table setters. We need a true thumper and Soler could be that guy. Something important about Soler we can't forget, he's right handed. A right handed power bat to put behind Freddie would be huge.

Some kind of Soler for Inciarte deal (with other pieces to even things out on both sides) just makes too much sense.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Figured the usual suspects had to start jacking the thread into yet another "sign Justin" wankfest.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    Figured the usual suspects had to start jacking the thread into yet another "sign Justin" wankfest.
    Yea, sorry we want to win more and don't think it will set the franchise back multiple years giving up one pick with what we've stockpiled.

God save us all.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    This is that whole Cubs debate again. Do we take more ready player in Soler and/or Baez and be ready to compete in 2017.. or lesson our risk with a slew of prospects and probably set back our compete time to 2018 at the earliest. And when I say compete, I mean +.500 not WS ring.

I fall in the middle personally. I like a combination of Baez or Soler.. plus two or three more prospects.. if we trade them both Julio and Ender. I think that puts us in a shot at .500 in 2017 still and hopefully moving in the right direction from there.. But something like Baez/Eloy/Conteraras/up side pitcher... Baez could take 3rd over.. Eloy in a few years man RF.. Contreras in at C next year.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-13-2016), jpx7 (01-13-2016)