Thread: Braves FarFair Announced for Jan. 30th

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

Braves FarFair Announced for Jan. 30th

Turner Field is hosting its final Braves FanFest this coming Jan. 30th from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

They are listing just about everybody attending (except a guy we really want to get to know, Adonis Garcia, and newly announced team executive, Chipper Jones); hope nametages will be provided. *

*Subject to change without notice (of course)

Players: Ozzie Albies, Brandon Barker, Gordon Beckham, Zack Bird, Danny Burawa, Braxton Davidson, Chris Ellis, Brady Feigl, Tyler Flowers, Mike Foltynewicz, Freddie Freeman, Max Fried, John Gant, Tyrell Jenkins, Kelly Johnson, Casey Kelly, Ian Krol, Connor Lien, Matt Marksberry, Andrew McKirahan, Sean Newcomb, Hector Olivera, Dustin Peterson, Jace Peterson, Evan Phillips, AJ Pierzynski, Max Povse, Bradley Roney, Rio Ruiz, Evan Rutckyj, Shea Simmons, Lucas Sims, Mallex Smith, Dansby Swanson, Nick Swisher, Andrew Thurman, Touki Toussaint, Ryan Weber, Dan Winkler, Matt Wisler, and Chris Withrow

Alumni: Tom Glavine, Andruw Jones, Mark Lemke, Fred McGriff, Denny Neagle, Phil Niekro and Mark Wohlers.

Coaches: Jose Castro, Fredi Gonzalez, Terry Pendleton, Kevin Seitzer and Carlos Tosca (no Eddie Perez?)

BBOPS Executives/Staff: John Schuerholz, John Coppolella and Jonathan Schuerholz

Broadcasters: Ben Ingram, Joe Simpson and Don Sutton.

Roundtable Discussions: Fans can attend panel discussions featuring current players, top prospects, alumni and front office executives. All discussions will be held in the Champions Room of the 755 Club.

Merchandise: Braves merchandise will be on sale during this event. A "Yard Sale" will be held on the Club Level with other Braves items on sale to benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    A few things, Perez is coaching a winter ball ten right now for a championship, go Eddie!

And second, the yard sale sounds like a moving sale where everything must go, that explains the rebuild!
    Get off my lawn!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-30-2016)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Just got back from fanfest. It was a great time. Really good turnout. The lines for autographs were really long. The wife and I didn't really care to wait in any of those lines, so I only saw a few of the players. The tour was really well done. It was cool to sit in the press box, dugout, and locker room.

Did get to meet Touki. Really nice guy. He was playing connect 4 with the kids. Swisher had a huge crowd around him and took a selfie. Mallex was down at the field level in the dugout checking everything out.

The yard sale had some great merchandise. Was able to snag a Mississippi Braves fitted hat for $5 and a super nice 95 World Series mug.
    The weirdest thing I saw was coasters with Sid Bream on them. Not in uniform, in regular clothes with his wife. I took a pass on those.

Overall it was a good trip. Glad we went.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluedevilruss For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-30-2016)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevilruss View Post
    Just got back from fanfest. It was a great time. Really good turnout. The lines for autographs were really long. The wife and I didn't really care to wait in any of those lines, so I only saw a few of the players. The tour was really well done. It was cool to sit in the press box, dugout, and locker room.

Did get to meet Touki. Really nice guy. He was playing connect 4 with the kids. Swisher had a huge crowd around him and took a selfie. Mallex was down at the field level in the dugout checking everything out.

The yard sale had some great merchandise. Was able to snag a Mississippi Braves fitted hat for $5 and a super nice 95 World Series mug.
    The weirdest thing I saw was coasters with Sid Bream on them. Not in uniform, in regular clothes with his wife. I took a pass on those.

Overall it was a good trip. Glad we went.

Made it down to get the replica WS ring last year - probably one of my most prized possessions other than my Big Red Machine signed ball and the .44 the NC Highway Patrol gave my Grandfather for his retirement (and I'm a gun hater).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I went to Fanfest today as well.. Overall, i was happy. I got most of the autographs i wanted except for two. Freeman and Swanson. The lines around those were so big and stadium staff had no idea how to handle it and handled it very poorly. Cops, fire marshals, irate fans, cluster of a mess ensued around those. Fire marshals at one point threatened to shut down the entire event. Outside of that, had a great time though.