Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi roster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,708 Posts

Mississippi roster

Any educated guesses on which stars will start in pearl this year? I go to a lot of M-braves' games and hope the roster has more star power this year

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Any educated guesses on which stars will start in pearl this year? I go to a lot of M-braves' games and hope the roster has more star power this year
    Hard to say at this point. There wasn't that much of our top talent in Carolina last year, so it'll be interesting to see which of our Rome talent gets bumped straight to Mississippi. I'd assume that Swanson and Albies will both spend some time there this year. I'd also expect Ruiz to repeat the level.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    There will surely be some pitching talent on the team as well.. but I agree, Swanson and Ozzie should be there and that alone would be exciting enough for the price of admission.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-30-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I'll see a ton of Mississippi games this year when they travel here to play. I'd guess Swanson will start there for sure and maybe Dustin Peterson. Newcomb and Sims will be in Gwinett. Albies will get a mid season promotion I'm guessing too. It'd be nice to let Swanson and Albies play along side each other for a few weeks.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I'll see a ton of Mississippi games this year when they travel here to play. I'd guess Swanson will start there for sure and maybe Dustin Peterson. Newcomb and Sims will be in Gwinett. Albies will get a mid season promotion I'm guessing too. It'd be nice to let Swanson and Albies play along side each other for a few weeks.
    honestly, I would prefer if they keep Albies and Swanson at different levels. I wouldn't move to 2B unless we absolutely have to because it may make sense to trade him for the next Josh Donaldson type if he comes available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I just don't see any way they trade either. They view these 2 as the middle infield for the next 6 years or more. Peraza had questions Albies is just power and that's not a big deal. We have enough pitching that I believe if a Donaldson type came up we could use that and maybe Inciarte to acquire it.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    I think the bats to look for there will be: Ruiz, Peterson, Camargo, Schrader, Lien

I think the rotation likely to be: Newcomb, Sims, Ellis, Bird and Thurman

I think the pen will have: Jones and Cabrerra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,708 Posts
    Really hope to see Albies and/or Swanson

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Really hope to see Albies and/or Swanson
    I think maybe one or both after mid season. But I don't believe that they will want to rush either. I think they start in High A and get some success before moving up.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    I think maybe one or both after mid season. But I don't believe that they will want to rush either. I think they start in High A and get some success before moving up.
    Agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,708 Posts
    That's fine with me. I go to more M-brave games after the break anyway... Hope is eliminated in the bigs by then

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I just don't see any way they trade either. They view these 2 as the middle infield for the next 6 years or more. Peraza had questions Albies is just power and that's not a big deal. We have enough pitching that I believe if a Donaldson type came up we could use that and maybe Inciarte to acquire it.
    I hope so too, but if the right guy came available and pitching wasn't the ingredient to make it happen, then a blocked prospect makes sense to be the one to move.

I'm not saying to trade Albies just to trade him. I'm saying we should keep him at SS for as long as possible to maximize his value.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    I believe Swanson can sell himself enough in spring training to earn a AA job straightaway. Ruiz, of course, needs to be there. While I still think Newcomb gets to Gwinnett, I like the rest of the rotation above. Expect anyone with a full season at Carolina to move up.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-31-2016)

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think the bats to look for there will be: Ruiz, Peterson, Camargo, Schrader, Lien

I think the rotation likely to be: Newcomb, Sims, Ellis, Bird and Thurman

I think the pen will have: Jones and Cabrerra
    Don't forget Godfrey. He struggled after coming up but will thrive under new manager!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    I think Swanson will start in AA and Albies in A+. I think they'll try to stagger them, so assuming both are playing well, look for both to be promoted at the same time.

Also, I don't think there's any way Perez is in Atlanta over Folty or Sanchez is in A+ over Fried.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think Swanson will start in AA and Albies in A+. I think they'll try to stagger them, so assuming both are playing well, look for both to be promoted at the same time.

Also, I don't think there's any way Perez is in Atlanta over Folty or Sanchez is in A+ over Fried.

I wouldn't disagree that those choices make some sense, but I'm convinced Albies and Swanson are almost as "untouchable" as Freeman and that the organization plans for them to be the middle infield for at least 6 years. They may rotate both at SS and 2B to maintain value just in case, but I really do believe that if everything goes well the brass wants them to open the new digs - even if that's a little rushed. That would completely justify the Simmons trade.

Folty still needs LOTS of work if he's going to eventually be a starter. He needs innings and work on his secondary pitches much worse than he needs to face MLB hitters, and doesn't need to be on the ATL-Gwinnett Shuttle whenever he has a start where he gets killed when he throws breaking balls.

Fried has less than 150 professional IP - makes plenty of sense to have him, Allard, Toussaint, and Soroka throw to Herbert as much as possible coming up if Lucas IS the Catcher Of The Future to me.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-31-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I wouldn't disagree that those choices make some sense, but I'm convinced Albies and Swanson are almost as "untouchable" as Freeman and that the organization plans for them to be the middle infield for at least 6 years. They may rotate both at SS and 2B to maintain value just in case, but I really do believe that if everything goes well the brass wants them to open the new digs - even if that's a little rushed. That would completely justify the Simmons trade.

Folty still needs LOTS of work if he's going to eventually be a starter. He needs innings and work on his secondary pitches much worse than he needs to face MLB hitters, and doesn't need to be on the ATL-Gwinnett Shuttle whenever he has a start where he gets killed when he throws breaking balls.

Fried has less than 150 professional IP - makes plenty of sense to have him, Allard, Toussaint, and Soroka throw to Herbert as much as possible coming up if Lucas IS the Catcher Of The Future to me.
    I don't necessarily disagree with any of this. But I think Albies and Swanson will open at two different levels, that Fried will start at Carolina, and that Folty will start in Atlanta. That's just the way I see it going.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-31-2016), JohnAdcox (01-31-2016)

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    A Smootness and clvclv live debate would be one of the warmest and friendliest affairs ever. Even when they disagree, they don't. That said, I imagine it would still be entertaining.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-31-2016), The Chosen One (01-31-2016)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post
    A Smootness and clvclv live debate would be one of the warmest and friendliest affairs ever. Even when they disagree, they don't. That said, I imagine it would still be entertaining.
    I don't disagree with you, but I think it'd be pretty boring.