Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB.com releases its Top 100 Prospects (Swason No. 8!)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by praeceps93 View Post
    I can't remember, do they do a full update at midseason or no?
    yes, they will remove guys like Buxton and Seager who 'graduated' and then add any new incoming talent and first half performers. I predict the Braves will have 9 guys in the top 100 after the Mid season update. Happens end of July, so maybe more if we do some trading..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Yeah they do a midseason list to. So Buxton, Seager, and possibly Gialoto, and maybe one more will be off of it making Dansby a top 5 prospect.
    Arcia and Crawford will probably both graduate.

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Arcia and Crawford will probably both graduate.
    If they really name Swanson as the #3 prospect, if all those guys graduate, I might pee a little bit.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    If they really name Swanson as the #3 prospect, if all those guys graduate, I might pee a little bit.
    Corey Seager -- most definitely will graduate
    Byron Buxton -- most definitely will graduate
    Lucas Giolito -- right now, they want him in AAA.. but there is a 50/50 shot with the Nats rotation having some ??
    Julio Urias-- Dodger$ has some rotation ?? but a ton of depth. If he makes a splash in 2016 it would be after the deadline
    JP Crawford-- I would say 30/70... the Phollys have nothing to play for. the have Galvis who is ok at short but young and controllable. I think Phils break with Galvis and we would not see Crawford until 2017
    Orlando Arcia --with seagura coming back to the Brewers, I see Orlando being in AAA for the first half.
    Yoan Moncada -- only 20.. I think Boston is ready, but again, I bet he is in AA/AAA all 2016.

I see 2 that will most certainly be gone mid season. 1 that is about 50/50 and the rest probably still on there. I think for Swanson to make the top 5, he will have to put up some great numbers and/or a few above him slip a bit.

I think what will be great is that by midseason we will have the ~#6 prospect plus about 8 others scattered through out the list. Our farm will be unanimous #1 by end of season.

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Corey Seager -- most definitely will graduate
    Byron Buxton -- most definitely will graduate
    Lucas Giolito -- right now, they want him in AAA.. but there is a 50/50 shot with the Nats rotation having some ??
    Julio Urias-- Dodger$ has some rotation ?? but a ton of depth. If he makes a splash in 2016 it would be after the deadline
    JP Crawford-- I would say 30/70... the Phollys have nothing to play for. the have Galvis who is ok at short but young and controllable. I think Phils break with Galvis and we would not see Crawford until 2017
    Orlando Arcia --with seagura coming back to the Brewers, I see Orlando being in AAA for the first half.
    Yoan Moncada -- only 20.. I think Boston is ready, but again, I bet he is in AA/AAA all 2016.

I see 2 that will most certainly be gone mid season. 1 that is about 50/50 and the rest probably still on there. I think for Swanson to make the top 5, he will have to put up some great numbers and/or a few above him slip a bit.

I think what will be great is that by midseason we will have the ~#6 prospect plus about 8 others scattered through out the list. Our farm will be unanimous #1 by end of season.
    The Brewers traded away Segura, so the spot is there for Arcia to take. I'd agree with the rest for the most part, so I'd guess 3 of the top 8 will be promoted off.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    The Brewers traded away Segura, so the spot is there for Arcia to take. I'd agree with the rest for the most part, so I'd guess 3 of the top 8 will be promoted off.
    OMG..what a brain fart.. I complete twisted that trade in my head. I had Hill going to Zona and Segura going to Brewers.. WOW!!!

Orlando hasn't played above AA.. but I don't see anyone blocking him from being their SS this year.. I would put him down as a likely candidate to graduate then..

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    http://www.scout.com/mlb/scouting/st...rospects?s=143

Scouts unveiled theirs today.

if someone wants to make another thread, that is fine.. interesting to see Riley in at #44

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

praeceps93 (02-02-2016)

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

if someone wants to make another thread, that is fine.. interesting to see Riley in at #44
    Posting what I said elsewhere:
    They've got Brandon Drury ranked but not Blair? Interesting choice. Also an aggressive ranking for Tim Anderson and Ryan McMahon. Riley above Judge is exciting, but I don't know how much I buy into it. I'm not sure Christian Arroyo should be that high, but I guess I can see it. Very aggressive ranking for Brady Aiken. Seems to be an upside list for the most part.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts

That is a bizarre list. I can fathom Giolito over Buxton, but Crawford over both? Lulz.

I don't really know who Scout has on their side doing this, but I'm going to put very little stock in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Reyes at #9 lol

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Mayo's on XM right now - just mentioned he could completely see Swanson as the Opening Day SS next April.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Mayo's on XM right now - just mentioned he could completely see Swanson as the Opening Day SS next April.
    Meaning 2017, I assume?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsnores View Post
    Meaning 2017, I assume?
    Next April - the one after this one.

FWIW, Coppy was quoted in Bowman's latest article saying that we could see every player that came in the Miller and Simmons deals (Aybar, Newcomb, Ellis, Inciarte, Blair, and Swanson) THIS year. I don't personally see the benefit of starting clocks in 2016, but I assume he could be referring to some of them as September call-ups.
    Last edited by clvclv; 02-03-2016 at 06:48 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Next April - the one after this one.

FWIW, Coppy was quoted in Bowman's latest article saying that we could see every player that came in the Miller and Simmons deals (Aybar, Newcomb, Ellis, Inciarte, Blair, and Swanson) THIS year. I don't personally see the benefit of starting clocks in 2016, but I assume he could be referring to some of them as September call-ups.

That is such a dumb thing for Coppy to say. Now what happens if a decision is made that any or all don't come up? Do the players involved now have an unrealistic horizon of expectation for 2016? Do the Braves find themselves in a Kris Bryant situation with a player's agent? Let's say the Braves are 30-51 at the midpoint. Do you want to bring any promising player up into that quagmire?

The better thing would be to say that these are all very highly regarded players. That they are developing nicely but at different speeds both in relation to others and in relation to themselves. That when they are seen as a finished product they will be in Atlanta. And leave it at that.

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    That is such a dumb thing for Coppy to say. Now what happens if a decision is made that any or all don't come up? Do the players involved now have an unrealistic horizon of expectation for 2016? Do the Braves find themselves in a Kris Bryant situation with a player's agent? Let's say the Braves are 30-51 at the midpoint. Do you want to bring any promising player up into that quagmire?

The better thing would be to say that these are all very highly regarded players. That they are developing nicely but at different speeds both in relation to others and in relation to themselves. That when they are seen as a finished product they will be in Atlanta. And leave it at that.
    I read it like your altered statement, honestly. He "could see every player this year" doesn't really commit to anything, it's more just an insight into their maturity and development.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Coppy said could not would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    That is such a dumb thing for Coppy to say.
    O
    M
    G

for real? this means absolutely nothing. why read so much into it, or suggest "the better thing to say." jesus h. christ.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    I pretty much expect that at this point. I think the plan is for him to start Opening Day next year, or at least to be called up within a couple weeks. As long as he hits well at AA this year, we should see him right out of the gate in 2017.