Thread: Corey Dickerson

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,495 Posts

Corey Dickerson

Rosenthal said the belief is he'll be the OF that Colorado deals. What do you guys think of making a run at him? I'm a big fan of Dickerson. I believe he's got 5 years of control left, and he's only 26.

I'm sure Coors will scare some people off, but I really like his bat. We've got plenty of pitching prospects to deal for him.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    not familiar with his game. Quick look on BR. He looks to have missed some games and to be a negative defensive player in LF.

I wouldn't give up Newcombe, Wisler, Simms, Touki for him. Not sure on Folty.

What would it take to get him?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    I love Dickerson... he is a beast... but has some injury concerns

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Health is a concern

But that being said there's no way we move for an OF without getting rid of Markakis. Even then we still probably won't do it.

We have about 6 OFers fighting for 3 spots. Markakis, Olivera, and Inciarte are the starters. Unless Olivera sucks in LF too so we move him back to 3B. We still have Bourn and Swisher, and then add in Mallex Smith waiting in the wings. We need to move some OFers, not make a move for some OFers.

That being said, I like him overall. He doesn't have the plate discipline I like but he has power.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,375 Posts
    Would love to have him.. but like other have said, not sure what it would take to get him. Colorado is looking for pitching. Also, that would mean Hector would have to go back to 3rd. That might be a good thing though. I am really starting to fear Adonis at 3rd all year. He will be fine at the plate IMO.. but he will have 40 errors if he played in 150 games.

Roaming in Rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Even if we did manage to unload one of our outfielders to give him a spot, I'd be very wary of Dickerson. As others have said his plate discipline isn't great and his injury history is scary, but I think he's really characterized by the Coors effect. Over his 3 years he has a 140, 170, and 180 wRC+ at Coors and a 57, 102, and 94 wRC+ away. Now don't draw any significant conclusions from these individually due to sample size, but over his entire career (442 PA at home and 483 PA away) he has a 165 to 89 wRC+ split. And he's another lefty, which doesn't really matter but is worth mentioning. Balancing those factors with his power potential, plus years of control, is somewhat difficult. It would really come down to the package asked for; I doubt the Rockies would part with him for chump change even though they've backed themselves a bit into a corner with the Parra signing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Would love to have him.. but like other have said, not sure what it would take to get him. Colorado is looking for pitching. Also, that would mean Hector would have to go back to 3rd. That might be a good thing though. I am really starting to fear Adonis at 3rd all year. He will be fine at the plate IMO.. but he will have 40 errors if he played in 150 games.
    We're not gonna be good so no matter if we have Olivera or Adonis at 3B, it won't matter. Semi-short term, we need to hope last year was a blip for Rio Ruiz and he starts hitting again. Long term he and Riley are 3B plays.

Long term we have some solid plays. Without getting too deep we have Freddie for 1B, ALbies for 2B Swanson for SS (Albies playing there in the interim) already talked about 3B. LF seems to be Olivera's for quite some time. But we do have high potential prospect Braxton Davidson. Inciarte will play the OF for a few years, maybe a value extension if we can get to him as well. Mallex should be an acceptable major league player. Even if it's only from the bench. But long term, OF is probably our weakest position. Especially in the power department, which is why Dickerson is intriguing. If we could get someone to buy on Markakis, Dickerson to LF and Olivera to 3B with Inciarte and Mallex/Bourn covering the remaining 2 OF spots it could be a good play depending on the cost. That being said, I wouldn't give up a blue chip for him. Not worth the gamble for a team like ours.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,375 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    We're not gonna be good so no matter if we have Olivera or Adonis at 3B, it won't matter. Semi-short term, we need to hope last year was a blip for Rio Ruiz and he starts hitting again. Long term he and Riley are 3B plays
    I am not going to lose sleep over it. This year is all about the prospects for me anyway. I hope Adonis gets his chance. maybe he can show his bat is ready for an AL team to bite on. I have been following the box scores in the Venezuela league and Adonis is tearing the cover off.. it also seems he is making about an error every 3 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I am not going to lose sleep over it. This year is all about the prospects for me anyway. I hope Adonis gets his chance. maybe he can show his bat is ready for an AL team to bite on. I have been following the box scores in the Venezuela league and Adonis is tearing the cover off.. it also seems he is making about an error every 3 games.
    I don't think he's a major league player. But maybe he can Charles Thomas it up for a few months and we can sell him for a semi-valuable piece.