Thread: Boots On the Ground Freedom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Boots On the Ground Freedom

A group of 400 have been occupying the Florida Capital for over a month and show no signs of giving up.
    Those who spend much bandwidth and hot air over the abstraction of freedom and rights here are some boots on the ground erosion of freedom and rights. I await our Libertarian brothers to get behind .

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/takeov..._medium=social.

Oh I forgot, no one here attaches themselves political party or ethos. Nihilists is how Walter described them

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    What a bunch of retards. How many black youths have been killed by other black youths since this sat in started and yet not one peep from Jackson and his cronies about that?

Sad. Black people will be better off once Jackson and Sharpton pass on and they find a leader that offers solutions instead of playing the blame game

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I don't think Jackson and Sharpton care about what you speak of anymore to be honest.

They're still in the game to make money. This is America, you can make money off of any exploitation. They've found their niche market (riling up and organizing blacks). They're not much better than Limbaugh or Beck (who like to rile up middle of the road white conservatives), but l don't pretend they're good guys.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    A group of 400 have been occupying the Florida Capital for over a month and show no signs of giving up.
    Hilarious that a few hours later, the protests end.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...rotest/2136646

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hilarious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Hilarious?
    Absolutely. You posted that it showed no end in sight and then a few hours later, it was over. I find that hilarious timing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    actually , and granted time will tell, it is never over.
    Reading the article we learn they are leaving and will focus on voter registration drives rather than tilting at the windmill of a special session

Bringing this back to my Libertarian friends --- what have they done other than stand outside the lines and hurl insults?
    Their voter registration drives? Their attempts to peacefully bring attention to their cause? Shoot to clearly identify their cause - other than vague abstract abuses of a 250 year old document. A very vague and abstract document at that.

There should be a Godwins Law when discussing race relations as it pertains to Jackson and Sharpton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I'm happy to see people are trying to enact change peacefully about something they disagree with. I don't necessarily agree with the tactics (think sit-ins make you look like children), I think the stand your ground law is beyond stupid and would like to see it changed. With that said, I think they (the MSNBCs, Sharptons and Jacksons of the world) chose the wrong case to show that racism exists and think they would've had a better argument with the Jordan Davis case. Just my thoughts though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Sit-ins are so 60's and the opposition to the sit ins learned a long time ago that all they have to do is not over react and the effect of the protest in neutered.
    Having said that -- we are talking about how "beyond stupid" stand your ground is -- which is / was the point of the protest. In that light it was successful.

Let me ask -- who was the organizer of the DreamDefenders?
    Until you can answer that question you will stay in the rut of conveniently demonizing Jackson / Sharpton for whatever reason, besides laziness and convenience , people demonize those two.
    When was the last time I used Limbaugh as the symbol of white dissatisfaction ? Haven't because he really doesn't do anything, have any authority and minimal influence. Same with Jackson / Sharpton. Pretty sure Black America has moved past them as broad brush spokespersons just like white America has rejected Limbaugh and his dribble.

Isn't it also preposterous to think only two people speak for 42 million Americans?
    We'll have to wait until AA comes back and lets us all in on the straight dope :)