Page 10 of 460 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    LOL, maybe they should start paying them minimum wage.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    LOL, maybe they should start paying them minimum wage.
    Or they could investigate the possibility of out-sourcing Congress.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Or they could investigate the possibility of out-sourcing Congress.
    Normally I'm against outsourcing, but I guess there's an exception to every rule!!! ;)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Normally I'm against outsourcing, but I guess there's an exception to every rule!!! ;)
    Constituent service being handled by a call center in India.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 04-28-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

LINK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    in a nutshell we have two graphs from ...

1) U of Washington
    dated April 2016

2) lobbyists that fight raising the minimum wage for 6 figure salaries
    dated Feb 2016
    Comment on this story

do I have the sources correct ?
    //

Adel Antado 2 months ago

Right now taxpayers subsidize businesses which do not pay their workers a livable wage. This subsidy comprises health-care, food-stamps, rental subsidies, transportation grants and the like. If businesses claim they cannot afford true labor costs, they should close down, raise prices to cover labor costs or publicly acknowledge their thanks to the taxpayer for their subsidies. I

and the comments go on and on. These are not Bernie people but Forbes readers,
    You really need to read and be aware of articles and links you provide instead of finding a headline ou think tells the story and running with it.
    Even Trump University doesn't allow that !
    Do they have a ball team there ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-28-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    If your 30 and cant get anything better than a minimum wage job then your either lazy, stupid, or just an asshole. The other thing to me is that the government is not subsidizing these buisnesses not paying their employees enough they are subsidizing the mistakes that people make that cause them great expense like having kids. If you work for wal mart and have 4 kids is it wal marts fault you have 4 kids? I;ve worked **** jobs for a little over minimum wage my whole life and I live well enough because I dont have 12 kids to feed. Living in Texas I see a ****load of mexicans who for **** pay and make do. They might have to walk 2 miles to and from work every day because they cant afford a car. They might live 6 to a 1 bedroom apartment but they do what they have to do to improve their living situation.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    in a nutshell we have two graphs from ...

1) U of Washington
    dated April 2016

2) lobbyists that fight raising the minimum wage for 6 figure salaries
    dated Feb 2016
    Comment on this story

do I have the sources correct ?
    //

Adel Antado 2 months ago

Right now taxpayers subsidize businesses which do not pay their workers a livable wage. This subsidy comprises health-care, food-stamps, rental subsidies, transportation grants and the like. If businesses claim they cannot afford true labor costs, they should close down, raise prices to cover labor costs or publicly acknowledge their thanks to the taxpayer for their subsidies. I

and the comments go on and on. These are not Bernie people but Forbes readers,
    You really need to read and be aware of articles and links you provide instead of finding a headline ou think tells the story and running with it.
    Even Trump University doesn't allow that !
    Do they have a ball team there ?
    Yes - let's trust the occupy democrats meme over the economist data.

I was reading a story the other day about a Seattle restaruant closing shop due to the wage hike... i have it on my tablet i'll link it later
    Last edited by sturg33; 04-28-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If your 30 and cant get anything better than a minimum wage job then your either lazy, stupid, or just an asshole. The other thing to me is that the government is not subsidizing these buisnesses not paying their employees enough they are subsidizing the mistakes that people make that cause them great expense like having kids. If you work for wal mart and have 4 kids is it wal marts fault you have 4 kids? I;ve worked **** jobs for a little over minimum wage my whole life and I live well enough because I dont have 12 kids to feed. Living in Texas I see a ****load of mexicans who for **** pay and make do. They might have to walk 2 miles to and from work every day because they cant afford a car. They might live 6 to a 1 bedroom apartment but they do what they have to do to improve their living situation.
    Yeah but that's not fair

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Amen. Imagine if we could switch out lazy deadbeat Americans for Mexicans that are willing to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Really -- I have had to read that 3 times to be sure what you are advocating. Because the slippery slope / logical end game was -- the Civil War.
    Really, that is your argument against raising the minimum wage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yes - let's trust the occupy democrats meme over the economist data.

I was reading a story the other day about a Seattle restaruant closing shop due to the wage hike... i have it on my tablet i'll link it later
    Univ of Washington is the Occupy movement ?
    There has been no active Occupy movement for almost 5 years
    Next you will dog whistle Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Or video games or Rap records or hula hoops etc etc etc
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-28-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    What is your take on immigration as a Texan? Do you support the concept of a wall? Pathway to citizenship? Your comments seem to paint hard-working Mexicans in a positive light, so I'm just curious what you think.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Well sometimes you're a product of where you live. I can't vouch for anyone else, but I have never made minimum wage. My first job was only a quarter over minimum wage, after that I only worked one job under 10 an hour. Which isn't enough to live well off of, but for the most part I've made over 25K a year which is enough for one person to live OK off of, even in NJ one of the most expensive states to live in.

Honestly I don't want to see 15 dollar an hour minimum wage, it's terrible. The costs it would have on good would be insane, more importantly it would even further marginalize mom and pop stores. Big companies can always shift costs and have the cash reserves to make it happen, but small places can't.

As I explained to a Bernie lover at work, if the ****ty 14/15 year old dishwasher makes 15 an hour, what will you pay the cook with 10 years of experience? The inflation would be massive and ruin many people. There needs to be a minimum wage because it's the starting pointa nd it should go up incrementally over time, BUT it's not a living wage, it never was. It was meant to be the baseline for entering the work place.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-29-2016)

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Amen. Imagine if we could switch out lazy deadbeat Americans for Mexicans that are willing to work.
    Please stop LARPing as a conservative

19. The Following User Says Thank You to keithlaw For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (04-28-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    What is your take on immigration as a Texan? Do you support the concept of a wall? Pathway to citizenship? Your comments seem to paint hard-working Mexicans in a positive light, so I'm just curious what you think.
    I dont support illegal immigration because we need a way to control who goes in and out of our country but if it was up to me I would make it easier for people to immigrate legally. I used to own a mobile home moving company and there was no way to be competitive without hiring illegal immigrants as laborers. Thats not necessarily a bad thing though. It made prices cheaper to our customers.

Anyways, I dont know the immigration status of every Hispanic person I come across but the ones that grew up in Mexico are generally very hard working people. Theres nothing more American than coming to a country with nothing and working hard to build a decent life for yourself and your kids. I dont have the most sympathy for them because Mexico treates the people trying to immigrate to Mexico from Central America much worse than we do.

It’s over."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-29-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Well sometimes you're a product of where you live. I can't vouch for anyone else, but I have never made minimum wage. My first job was only a quarter over minimum wage, after that I only worked one job under 10 an hour. Which isn't enough to live well off of, but for the most part I've made over 25K a year which is enough for one person to live OK off of, even in NJ one of the most expensive states to live in.

Honestly I don't want to see 15 dollar an hour minimum wage, it's terrible. The costs it would have on good would be insane, more importantly it would even further marginalize mom and pop stores. Big companies can always shift costs and have the cash reserves to make it happen, but small places can't.

As I explained to a Bernie lover at work, if the ****ty 14/15 year old dishwasher makes 15 an hour, what will you pay the cook with 10 years of experience? The inflation would be massive and ruin many people. There needs to be a minimum wage because it's the starting pointa nd it should go up incrementally over time, BUT it's not a living wage, it never was. It was meant to be the baseline for entering the work place.
    I got hired at my first job at 5.85 when minimum wage was 5.25. With no experience. Within a week I displayed myself competent enough to be a shift manager. That process took a few months but within 6 months already up to 9 dollars an hour. Eventually Assistant Manager on salary at 27k a year then RGM at almost 40k a year. I am not going to pretend to be the most competent or hard working person and I was high 95% of the time but these people who are so incompetent they get minimum wage they can kiss my ass.

edit - forgot the point of the story. Minimum wage was raised to 7.25 while I was a shift manager making 9 dollars and hour. I thought that was bull****. The difference in work wasnt work 1.75 an hour. The my rent gets raised 50 dollars a month. So all it did was make me poorer.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 04-28-2016 at 06:56 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Here's an article about a Seattle Pizza Shop closing its doors. I guess $0/hr > $10/hr. #Berniemath

LINK