Page 202 of 460 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 9184

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yeah, he talks about that in the video - the inference being that she died because she opened her mouth about it.
    That seems extreme but I think the globalist are showing they are willing to destabilize the country to further their agenda so who knows.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (08-28-2017), Jaw (08-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (08-28-2017), Jaw (08-28-2017), Tapate50 (08-28-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-28-2017), Tapate50 (08-28-2017), weso1 (08-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Matt Fuller‏Verified account @MEPFuller 18h18 hours ago
    Replying to @MEPFuller

Here's the vote for Sandy aid. 179 of the 180 no votes were Republicans. I count at least 20 Texas Republicans.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Of the many, many stupid things he has said, "Mexico's going to pay for the wall" has to be near the top of the list.

The dude really needs to tell his staff what message he wants to convey, let them write the speech, and then keep to the dang teleprompter. I think the Trump and Hillary voters can agree on at least this much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

Replying to @MEPFuller

Here's the vote for Sandy aid. 179 of the 180 no votes were Republicans. I count at least 20 Texas Republicans.
    Context matters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Context matters
    I saw Ted Cruz on TV talking about the great Federal government support and rapid response.
    Yeah, that Ted Cruz!! that voted against aid for New Jersey during Sandy
    because --- that old saw about 10' of water

So yes, context does matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    I saw Ted Cruz on TV talking about the great Federal government support and rapid response.
    Yeah, that Ted Cruz!! that voted against aid for New Jersey during Sandy
    because --- that old saw about 10' of water

So yes, context does matter
    I don't think you understand much about context, if that is your response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (08-29-2017)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Context matters
    NIMBY isn't context.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I don't think you understand much about context, if that is your response.
    I guess you're going to have to explain this one to me as well. I realize there's probably more to this story than the snippet we've been told here, ie Texas legislators including "Lyin' Ted" refuse to vote monies to help out NJ area victims of Sandy, but now they are all for getting all they can from the government since it's for their own state. That would seem to be pretty "cut and dried" to me, but as I said, if there are other facts that will help the context of this whole thing then lay them on me. Whether we agree on stuff or not hopefully you will agree that I'm always open to more facts rather than less facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I guess you're going to have to explain this one to me as well. I realize there's probably more to this story than the snippet we've been told here, ie Texas legislators including "Lyin' Ted" refuse to vote monies to help out NJ area victims of Sandy, but now they are all for getting all they can from the government since it's for their own state. That would seem to be pretty "cut and dried" to me, but as I said, if there are other facts that will help the context of this whole thing then lay them on me. Whether we agree on stuff or not hopefully you will agree that I'm always open to more facts rather than less facts.
    Yes... legislators at the time also try to get billions of completely unrelated spending included in the sandy relief bill... so they refused to vote for that bill specifically because of the trickery. I'm not sure about Cruz, but several other of the Texas legislators DID vote for Sandy relief in standalone funding.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

weso1 (08-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Yes... legislators at the time also try to get billions of completely unrelated spending included in the sandy relief bill... so they refused to vote for that bill specifically because of the trickery. I'm not sure about Cruz, but several other of the Texas legislators DID vote for Sandy relief in standalone funding.
    It's a fair point honorable Ted if it's true about the Sandy relief bill. But let's see what kind of bill the GOP puts forth for Harvey relief.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    That's fair, though from my limited research it was other Repubs who wanted just as much pork as the Dems. I wish those aholes could ever just do the right thing for the right reason and party affiliation be damned.

On the other side though did Cruz try to sponsor a bill that would only send the aid to Sandy victims or was he satisfied to vote no because the bill was flawed, kind of what he may have wanted to do anyway. Just curious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Wasn't Boehner the Speaker and McConnell the Majority Leader ?

Please -- they were united in not letting Obama programs see the floor and passed repeal how many times ....
    But they couldn't get a relief bill for a major storm with out " billions of completely unrelated spending " ----- gotcha.

Maybe another day and another time we can look at what legislation they could get through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Replying to @MEPFuller

repost

Let me also add Ron Paul once voted against relief for his own district. (Galveston )
    What a dick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    WASHINGTON ― Texas Republicans, long accustomed to bashing the federal government, are already changing their tune now that Hurricane Harvey has devastated parts of their state.

An emergency aid package hasn’t surfaced yet, but Congress almost certainly will have to approve a spending bill to help those affected by the hurricane-force winds and widespread flooding in southeastern Texas. The question is whether that money will be offset by cuts to other government programs, whether extraneous spending will be attached to the package, and whether, under any circumstances, Texas Republicans will have a problem voting for it.

Money to help those in need from a lawmaker’s homestate isn’t a particularly tough vote. At this point, no Texas Republican has declared any sort of condition for their support of an emergency aid package. But when it was New York and New Jersey hit hard by Hurricane Sandy in 2012, all but one Texas Republican in Congress ― Rep. John Culberson ― voted against a $50.5 billion package to help people in those states.

That was no surprise. The Texas delegation tends to speak with one voice, and there’s little political repercussions for its members to vote against government largesse for another state.

Many Republicans at the time said they took issue with unrelated spending that was attached to the Sandy bill, though most of the funding was directed at helping the storm’s victims. And even some of the most derided provisions ― like $2 million to repair Smithsonian roofs in Washington ― were, in fact, related to that storm (it brought heavy wind and rain to that nation’s capital, as well.)

Overall, according to an analysis of the legislation compiled by CQ, the Sandy aid bill included $16 billion for community development programs, $11.5 billion for FEMA’s disaster relief fund, $10.9 billion for transportation system repairs, $5.4 billion for Army Corps of Engineers projects, $800 million for social service programs, and $826 million for repairs to national parks and facilities.

But Texas Republicans latched onto the notion that the Sandy relief package was full of wasteful spending. When the Senate was voting on the bill in early 2013, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) railed against the “unrelated spending, including projects such as Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric airplanes, and more funding for Head Start.”

Again, the Smithsonian repairs ― representing .004 percent of the money appropriated ― were related to Sandy, and the upgrades and repairs to NOAA aircraft were to help with future hurricane forecasting. The money for Head Start, meanwhile, was available only to those facilities damaged by Sandy.

On Monday, when Cruz was asked about voting against Sandy aid in 2013 but now openly seeking help for his state, he said there would be time for “political sniping” later.

“The problem with that particular bill,” Cruz said of the Sandy package on MSNBC, “is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy, and what I said then and still believe now is that it’s not right for politicians to exploit a disaster and people hurting to pay for their own political wishlist.”

Cruz seems to be referring to the fact that only $17 billion of the package was for immediate relief and recovery needs, while other spending was for longer-term projects.

Notwithstanding Cruz’s call for a moratorium on “political sniping,” some New York and New Jersey Republicans couldn’t help but take a few shots at the Texas delegation on Monday, even as they affirmed that they would support those people in need.

Rep. Peter King, whose district encompasses parts of Long Island, tweeted that he wouldn’t “abandon Texas the way Ted Cruz did New York;” New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie called the Texas lawmakers “hypocrites;” and Rep. Frank LoBiondo of the Garden State tweeted that despite the stance of his Texas colleagues on the Sandy relief package, he would support emergency money for their constituents.

Overall, 23 of the 24 Texas Republicans then in the House voted against the Sandy package. And joining Cruz in opposing it was the state’s other senator, John Cornyn (who’s now that chamber’s majority whip).

HuffPost reached out Monday morning to the offices of the 20 Texas Republicans still in the House, as well as staff members for Cruz and Cornyn, with questions that included whether they thought emergency aid for their state ought to be offset with spending cuts elsewhere and whether they could commit to backing the storm-related funding even if it is not offset and the bill contains some extraneous spending provisions.

As of late Monday afternoon, only House Rules Chairman Pete Sessions’ staff responded and ― no shocker here ― the lawmaker has no reservations about supporting aid for Texas.

With President Donald Trump already touting his administration’s response to Hurricane Harvey, members of his team also find themselves facing a course reversal from their previous political principles.

Vice President Mike Pence, for instance, as a House member from Indiana led the conservative call to offset emergency spending in 2005 when Hurricane Katrina hammered Louisiana and Mississippi. Pence said Monday he expected Congress to make resources available for Texas, with no mention of strings attached.

Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney ― who as a House member from South Carolina pushed for offsets to the Sandy bill’s spending and voted against the package ― now will be in charge of putting together the administration’s emergency request for Texas. Hardly anyone expects Mulvaney to insist that those emergency dollars be paid for with cuts elsewhere.

It’s possible that the package just gets attached to an upcoming bill to keep the government operating past Sept. 30. In that case, a number of Republicans ― including House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), who opposed the Sandy bill ― could be spared from the political hypocrisy of supporting aid now.

After all, they could explain their “yes” vote by simply focusing on the need to keep the government open. And they’ll be able to decide if supporting aid for the next natural disaster fits with their political agenda without worry that someone might throw this vote back in their face.

CORRECTION: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that the money to repair roof damage to Smithsonian museums included in the Hurricane Sandy aid bill represented .00004 percent of the legislation’s total. The correct figure is .004 percent.

Richest Nation in the History of Civilization
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-29-2017 at 10:47 AM.