User Tag List

Page 313 of 326 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6516

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

  1. #6241
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Broward County Brings In Expert Consultant To Speed Up Ballot Count
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

    50PoundHead (11-15-2018)

  3. #6242
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Trump Approves Use Of Death Star On Migrant Caravan
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  4. #6243
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sturg33

    https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-t...e-too-powerful
    Nation Torn Apart By Routine Election Starting To Wonder If Government May Be Too Powerful

    U.S.—As the nation was torn apart by a relatively mundane, routine midterm election, just like the ones that regularly occur every four years, Americans began to wonder if a government in which such a commonplace election can impact so many lives in so many ways might just be a little bit too powerful.

    The nation suddenly realized that a government holding elections that threaten far-reaching changes in each and every person's private life could actually need to be downsized a tad.
    ...
    Pundits pondering the reasons behind the nation's unprecedented level of division also began to come to the same conclusion. "Like, if the government is so powerful that it's a life-or-death fight every couple years to take control of it, maybe we should just dismantle the whole thing?" said one anchor before the program suddenly cut to a "Technical Difficulties" screen.
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  5. #6244
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://babylonbee.com/news/christia...-hostile-to-it

    Christians Face Clear Choice Between Party That's A Hypocritical Mockery Of Their Faith And One That's Openly Hostile To It

    "It's a really interesting choice," said Christian Tanya Lloyd. "By supporting the Republicans, I'm giving people further ammunition to dismiss my beliefs as an empty cultural pose. At least they like to pretend to be Christian, though, while sometimes it seems like the only thing keeping the Democrats from hunting me down with hunter-seeker drones like from The Terminator is lack of technology."

    However the election turns out, though, Christians express confidence that they'll be fine since they ultimately put their faith in "a much higher power than either political party" (presumably they're referring to the Supreme Court).
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  6. #6245
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    God Condemns Washington DC After Being Unable To Find Ten Righteous People There
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  7. #6246
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,216
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 895 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post

    God Condemns Washington DC After Being Unable To Find Ten Righteous People There
    10???

  8. #6247
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    10???
    Abraham came near and said, “Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?

    Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it?

    Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You!

    Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?”

    So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.”

    And Abraham replied, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dust and ashes.

    Suppose the fifty righteous are lacking five, will You destroy the whole city because of five?”

    And He said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.”

    He spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose forty are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not do it on account of the forty.”

    Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak; suppose thirty are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

    And he said, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord; suppose twenty are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the twenty.”

    Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.”

    As soon as He had finished speaking to Abraham the Lord departed, and Abraham returned to his place. – Genesis 18:23-33
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  9. #6248
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,216
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 895 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Abraham came near and said, “Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?

    Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it?

    Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You!

    Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?”

    So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.”

    And Abraham replied, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dust and ashes.

    Suppose the fifty righteous are lacking five, will You destroy the whole city because of five?”

    And He said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.”

    He spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose forty are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not do it on account of the forty.”

    Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak; suppose thirty are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

    And he said, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord; suppose twenty are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the twenty.”

    Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?”

    And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.”

    As soon as He had finished speaking to Abraham the Lord departed, and Abraham returned to his place. – Genesis 18:23-33
    Oh, I remember those verses, I was just saying that maybe we should lower our expectations a bit for modern day Washington DC.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

    Jaw (11-15-2018)

  11. #6249
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,216
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 895 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    https://babylonbee.com/news/christia...-hostile-to-it

    Christians Face Clear Choice Between Party That's A Hypocritical Mockery Of Their Faith And One That's Openly Hostile To It

    "It's a really interesting choice," said Christian Tanya Lloyd. "By supporting the Republicans, I'm giving people further ammunition to dismiss my beliefs as an empty cultural pose. At least they like to pretend to be Christian, though, while sometimes it seems like the only thing keeping the Democrats from hunting me down with hunter-seeker drones like from The Terminator is lack of technology."

    However the election turns out, though, Christians express confidence that they'll be fine since they ultimately put their faith in "a much higher power than either political party" (presumably they're referring to the Supreme Court).
    It's too bad the Bible really doesn't tell us which group God prefers, the group who is obviously cold to his message or the group who talks the talk but whose hearts are obviously far from him....maybe something from the Book of Revelation???

  12. #6250
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,350
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,567 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should people not be hostile towards Christian Sharia law? Not allowing Christians to force their religion on other people is not being hostile towards them. No one has a freedom of religion, we have freedom to choose a major religion. Time and time again in this country Christianity has been used to justify hate, violence, and bigotry. I dont give a **** what Christians think is immoral. They have no right to install their religion into the law even if they were 99.99999% of the people in this country. Make no mistake, legislating their morality into the law is advocating and encouraging violence against innocent people. It would be no different than Muslims voting to make it unlawful for all women to wear hijabs. It is an act of violence because violence/the threat of violence will be used to enforce it. There is one clear moral standard that our laws should be based off of and that is, is there a victim, is there an intended victim, and is anyone harmed? The worst part about all this to me is that the constitution is supposed to protect people from religions installing their version of Sharia law but the Judges who get to rule on constitutionality are overwhelmingly biased in favor of Christian morality.



    I dont believe in any God, and I certainly wouldnt worship the Christian god even if he was real. He is kind of a dick to be honest. I dont care how powerful he is. Might does not make right. God is an idea. What you do in the name of that god in service to that God is what makes it real. In that sense a God can exist. So my suggestion to people of any religion is instead of going to church spend that time actually helping people. All you are doing in church is circle jerking and pretending to be holier than thou. The only people of religion I will ever respect are those who actually use that belief to do good for others. In reality most religious people throughout history have just interpreted their religion how they want it to be instead of using it for moral clarity in immoral times.



    When people ask me what I would do if I am wrong I tell them that if I die and I meet a Christian God on the other side he will be the one with some explaining to do, not me. I feel it is far superior to live a moral life because you believe in helping others and not hurting innocent people while not believing in a God than it is to Believe in a God and still sin and do harm to others. Anyone who says "worship me or spend eternity being tortured in hell" is not worthy of my worship. I never asked to be created. I would much rather have been created as an Angel already in heaven and not have free will if God existed.



    Edit - if god was real how about one of these church shooters getting struck by lightning before they open fire. How about one of these predatory preachers who con people into buying them airplanes dies in a plane crash. I would say how about something bad happening to a catholic priest who rapes kids in church but theres so damn many of them that its statistically impossible that a few of them did not die horrifically.



    I know many people here are christian and probably will be offended but let me challenge you to actually go help a homeless person for that hour or whatever you normally go to church. If your god looks down on you for skipping church to help a person then maybe you should reevaluate.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 11-14-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  13. #6251
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I know many people here are christian and probably will be offended but let me challenge you to actually go help a homeless person for that hour or whatever you normally go to church. If your god looks down on you for skipping church to help a person then maybe you should reevaluate.
    Your hatred for everything that you perceive to stand between you and being stoned is leading you astray again. Most of the people in my church spend far more time helping the community than they do sitting in a pew. We aren't unique in that respect.
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  14. #6252
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,216
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 895 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post

    Broward County Brings In Expert Consultant To Speed Up Ballot Count
    Dude can count,you gotta give him that

  15. #6253
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,857
    Thanks
    3,147
    Thanked 4,872 Times in 3,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Dude can count,you gotta give him that
    Sesame Street is brought to you today by the number 4,100,000.

  16. #6254
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,989
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,936 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    @sturg33

    https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-t...e-too-powerful
    Nation Torn Apart By Routine Election Starting To Wonder If Government May Be Too Powerful

    U.S.—As the nation was torn apart by a relatively mundane, routine midterm election, just like the ones that regularly occur every four years, Americans began to wonder if a government in which such a commonplace election can impact so many lives in so many ways might just be a little bit too powerful.

    The nation suddenly realized that a government holding elections that threaten far-reaching changes in each and every person's private life could actually need to be downsized a tad.
    ...
    Pundits pondering the reasons behind the nation's unprecedented level of division also began to come to the same conclusion. "Like, if the government is so powerful that it's a life-or-death fight every couple years to take control of it, maybe we should just dismantle the whole thing?" said one anchor before the program suddenly cut to a "Technical Difficulties" screen.
    Lol.

    I've already dies 9 times under Trump so O think I'm out of lives

  17. #6255
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,350
    Thanks
    2,696
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,567 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Your hatred for everything that you perceive to stand between you and being stoned is leading you astray again. Most of the people in my church spend far more time helping the community than they do sitting in a pew. We aren't unique in that respect.

    I smoke pot regardless of the legality. I ask no ones permission. So no one is standing in my way of being stoned. However there are many people who adbocate violence against me and think I should be caged and given a scarlet letter telling employers I am untrustworthy.



    Let me ask you two things. Give me some examples of what your church does to help people. Two, would you care to conduct a polling of your church patrons on how they would vote on marijuana legalization. I will take your word that the results are honest. And if you could please note how many of the no votes are 50+ years old.



    I spend a lot of time on this subject and the #1 answer I hear other than the police propoganda of "it will make cops job harder" is "people need to put down the doobies and read the bible". Also want to point out most of my family are extremely catholic.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  18. #6256
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 891 Times in 570 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Food pantry that feeds over a hundred per week every week. School supply drive that gets over a hundred kids supplied for start of school each year. Summer lunch program runs all summer to feed kids while they can't get free lunch at school. Weekly dinners anyone can attend for free. Clothing closet with free clothes. Crisis fund to give people money for emergency repairs or keep the power on, no strings attached. Financial support for pregnant women. Roof houses every year for people who need it and can't afford it. Showers and bathrooms for homeless. This is from a church with maybe 300 attending weekly.

    I won't conduct the poll but I'm certain that at least a third of those people would be in favor of legalization. Possibly half. I would not be, and my reason would be that I have witnessed multiple with good lives descend into chaos after developing a marijuana habit.
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  19. #6257
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,584
    Thanks
    3,081
    Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  20. #6258
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,032
    Thanks
    1,286
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,018 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

    goldfly (11-17-2018)

  22. #6259
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,216
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 895 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

    Runnin (11-17-2018)

  24. #6260
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,584
    Thanks
    3,081
    Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •