Page 95 of 460 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 9184

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    What I don't like is that the government is forcing people to get it, and then bragging when people comply or go to jail.

I also don't like that it gives health insurers a license to raise premiums.

I also don't like that my premiums have gone up substantially in order to subsidize the mandates (or do you still not believe that my premiums went up)

I also don't like that despite the unimaginable money spent, it only got enrollments from 85% to 90%

That enough for you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    This man is the dumbest person in politics.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (01-06-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    You want me to sell parts of the ACA? I can argue anything but I don't see the point in doing that. I have said since Obamacare won the Supreme Court case that it was never going away. It would just get "reformed" over and over again. I can't believe anyone thought Romney would repeal it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    What I don't like is that the government is forcing people to get it, and then bragging when people comply or go to jail.

I also don't like that it gives health insurers a license to raise premiums.

I also don't like that my premiums have gone up substantially in order to subsidize the mandates (or do you still not believe that my premiums went up)

I also don't like that despite the unimaginable money spent, it only got enrollments from 85% to 90%

That enough for you?
    no, because I asked you make the case for - and you recite the congressional / TeaParty line.

Convenient how your increases coincidentally match worse case scenario Right Wing numbers

a) the government forces you to do a lot of things. I am required to have auto insurance, my bank requires I have home insurance
    why do they "force " me ? Because the more people contributing (in theory) the lower the contribution
    b) Address the health insurers and your congressman to do something about it
    Why do they indiscriminally raise premium ? Because they can - loophole. Close the loophole
    c) Premiums go up because --- premiums go up.
    Why? Inflation, greed,
    d) 85-90% is a pretty big number had you been of the 20M+ unable to purchase insurance before hand. This is after all is a Health program --
    Why only 85-90% = This is the easiest of all, because states are unwilling to pass Medicare expansion
    Why are those states unwilling to pass Medicare I completely understand that ----- they want the Obama Policies to politically fail
    which is after all what this is all about.

How many people have gone to jail ???
    Certain here if someone did, we would have heard about them the way we heard about the marriage license woman in Tennessee
    there is no one in jail
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    no, because I asked you make the case for - and you recite the congressional / TeaParty line.

Convenient how your increases coincidentally match worse case scenario Right Wing numbers

a) the government forces you to do a lot of things. I am required to have auto insurance, my bank requires I have home insurance
    why do they "force " me ? Because the more people contributing (in theory) the lower the contribution
    The only reason states have to require auto insurance is because most folks don't have 25/50 k minimum (state) limits in their savings to make their fellow man whole of they t bone him and are deemed responsible. It's just easier to require it. And plenty of large corps are self insured ...

Also if you pay cash for your home no one requires home owners insurance. They require that if you require their money in doing so, therefore insuring the collateral - used on this example as a home- isn't wiped to 0 and them left in the cold with "homeowner" unwilling to keep paying for a 0 asset. They don't force you because it keeps premiums low, they force you to insure your property because it isn't really yours until the bank removes any liens- then when it's truely and clear - you are free to choose not to pay insurance anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    The only reason states have to require auto insurance is because most folks don't have 25/50 k minimum (state) limits in their savings to make their fellow man whole of they t bone him and are deemed responsible. It's just easier to require it. And plenty of large corps are self insured ...

Also if you pay cash for your home no one requires home owners insurance. They require that if you require their money in doing so, therefore insuring the collateral - used on this example as a home- isn't wiped to 0 and them left in the cold with "homeowner" unwilling to keep paying for a 0 asset. They don't force you because it keeps premiums low, they force you to insure your property because it isn't really yours until the bank removes any liens- then when it's truely and clear - you are free to choose not to pay insurance anymore.
    And, you know, a bank isn't the government. And, you know, you don't have to buy a home

But why bother with this dolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

b) Address the health insurers and your congressman to do something about it
    Why do they indiscriminally raise premium ? Because they can - loophole. Close the loophole
    c) Premiums go up because --- premiums go up.
    Why? Inflation, greed,
    d) 85-90% is a pretty big number had you been of the 20M+ unable to purchase insurance before hand. This is after all is a Health program --
    Why only 85-90% = This is the easiest of all, because states are unwilling to pass Medicare expansion
    Why are those states unwilling to pass Medicare I completely understand that ----- they want the Obama Policies to politically fail
    which is after all what this is all about.

How many people have gone to jail ???
    Certain here if someone did, we would have heard about them the way we heard about the marriage license woman in Tennessee
    there is no one in jail
    sigh... not sure why I'm gonna do this. but here goes. Let's talk to the brick wall once again

a) the government forces me to have auto insurance to ensure I can cover bodily injury / propery damage of of others. not for myself

b) well, when the government mandates that I buy a company's product, the company might as well raise their prices. Perhaps we should lobby the government to get rid of the law... but then you bitch

c) Or because I'm forced to buy a product. Here's a quiz for you... give me an example of a government subsidized product that has reduced costs? Education? healthcare? housing?... funny that the electronic industry has been able to get their products cheaper despite inflation

d) People were allowed to buy insurance beforehand. they just didn't. My roommate is an example. He was young and healthy, and didn't buy it. Now he is paying 220 a month for something he never uses. Yay government!

Also - I didn't find my premium increases very convenient.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    sigh... not sure why I'm gonna do this. but here goes. Let's talk to the brick wall once again

a) the government forces me to have auto insurance to ensure I can cover bodily injury / propery damage of of others. not for myself

b) well, when the government mandates that I buy a company's product, the company might as well raise their prices. Perhaps we should lobby the government to get rid of the law... but then you bitch

c) Or because I'm forced to buy a product. Here's a quiz for you... give me an example of a government subsidized product that has reduced costs? Education? healthcare? housing?... funny that the electronic industry has been able to get their products cheaper despite inflation

d) People were allowed to buy insurance beforehand. they just didn't. My roommate is an example. He was young and healthy, and didn't buy it. Now he is paying 220 a month for something he never uses. Yay government!

Also - I didn't find my premium increases very convenient.
    A) You're still ok with the government enforcing that? What about if you're driving slow in the rain and still slide into a ditch or into a pole on the sidewalk. Is that not also what your auto insurance is for? I mean I just discovered my auto insurance will reimburse me for calling a pop-a-lock company to open my door after I left the keys in.

C) Those electronics products are cheaper but the quality is ****. In particular, items that have planned obsolescence like phones. Do you think it's right that phone companies force you to download updates on older phones which makes them go slower and freeze, forcing them to upgrade to a newer one? I know you're going to defend corporations no matter what, but is there not a slither of disgust in your blood that companies purposely make products that they know is going to be slow and unusable in 24-36 months, or force users to download updates in general?

D) We're just never going to agree with this here and it's no surprise. You don't think government should be involved in health insurance, period. It doesn't matter if health insurance companies boned people before Obamacare, especially sick people. I don't think health insurance companies should play with people's lives or people should go bankrupt because of them. But I already know your answer is going to be, it's their right to do that yadda yadda yadda. I'd rather we go all in for a single-payer system. We already know you're just going to talk about it's not the government's responsibility, wasted spending, etc. You basically are saying because the government just provided new customers to health insurance companies, that they should raise them because they can. Health insurance company in California bragged about record profits last summer, not even a few months later they were crying foul of having to raise premiums again. Sick people are using health insurance. Health insurance they couldn't afford before Obamacare. I get it, you don't care about them, and you don't like the fact they're causing healthy people's premiums in their insurance pools to go up. But yet when we call for a public option to give a choice for sick and poor people you're against it as well. No fingers pointed at the health insurance companies for ethics. We know you stand by them over sick people because their right to profit is constitutionally more important then a poor person choosing to stay home and flip a coin on going to the hospital. What do you propose as a way to help sick and poor people get access to healthcare? Because if we aren't putting htem in pools of healthy people and making their rates go up, we're offering Medicaid (which you're against), or we just gonna go start a GoFundMe everytime? Or are you going to ramble about government regulations and the free market again. As if you think there's tons of incentive for the free market to help sick and poor people with health insurance.

To be honest with you, I would cut other entitlements or shutter them into a simpler program if it meant Single-Payer universal for all. I would make cuts to food stamps, housing, etc if it meant healthcare were there for everyone. No use in having food stamps or a roof if you're about to die or always sick.
    Forever Fredi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-06-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This man is the dumbest person in politics.

really ???

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders
    January 4 at 8:35pm ·

At a time when Republicans want to cut Social Security benefits for people living on $13,000 or $14,000 a year, the nominee for Secretary of State just got a severance package of $180 million. This is what oligarchy looks like.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-06-2017), Runnin (01-06-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    You might notice that it's not raining in the above picture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    A) You're still ok with the government enforcing that? What about if you're driving slow in the rain and still slide into a ditch or into a pole on the sidewalk. Is that not also what your auto insurance is for? I mean I just discovered my auto insurance will reimburse me for calling a pop-a-lock company to open my door after I left the keys in.

C) Those electronics products are cheaper but the quality is ****. In particular, items that have planned obsolescence like phones. Do you think it's right that phone companies force you to download updates on older phones which makes them go slower and freeze, forcing them to upgrade to a newer one? I know you're going to defend corporations no matter what, but is there not a slither of disgust in your blood that companies purposely make products that they know is going to be slow and unusable in 24-36 months, or force users to download updates in general?

D) We're just never going to agree with this here and it's no surprise. You don't think government should be involved in health insurance, period. It doesn't matter if health insurance companies boned people before Obamacare, especially sick people. I don't think health insurance companies should play with people's lives or people should go bankrupt because of them. But I already know your answer is going to be, it's their right to do that yadda yadda yadda. I'd rather we go all in for a single-payer system. We already know you're just going to talk about it's not the government's responsibility, wasted spending, etc. You basically are saying because the government just provided new customers to health insurance companies, that they should raise them because they can. Health insurance company in California bragged about record profits last summer, not even a few months later they were crying foul of having to raise premiums again. Sick people are using health insurance. Health insurance they couldn't afford before Obamacare. I get it, you don't care about them, and you don't like the fact they're causing healthy people's premiums in their insurance pools to go up. But yet when we call for a public option to give a choice for sick and poor people you're against it as well. No fingers pointed at the health insurance companies for ethics. We know you stand by them over sick people because their right to profit is constitutionally more important then a poor person choosing to stay home and flip a coin on going to the hospital. What do you propose as a way to help sick and poor people get access to healthcare? Because if we aren't putting htem in pools of healthy people and making their rates go up, we're offering Medicaid (which you're against), or we just gonna go start a GoFundMe everytime? Or are you going to ramble about government regulations and the free market again. As if you think there's tons of incentive for the free market to help sick and poor people with health insurance.

To be honest with you, I would cut other entitlements or shutter them into a simpler program if it meant Single-Payer universal for all. I would make cuts to food stamps, housing, etc if it meant healthcare were there for everyone. No use in having food stamps or a roof if you're about to die or always sick.
    That's quite an emotional response you got here... and not really a rational one. You saying "i don't care about sick people" is not helpful for the discussion.

Do you think our health insurance system is better because of Obamacare? I know it sucked before - the government's been involved for far too long - but do you think it has gotten better or worse?

A lot of people voted for Trump because they can't afford their health insurance any more.

You will get your wish though. I believe ACA was set up to fail, so that the government can "rescue" us with single payer. How noble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    really ???

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders
    January 4 at 8:35pm ·

At a time when Republicans want to cut Social Security benefits for people living on $13,000 or $14,000 a year, the nominee for Secretary of State just got a severance package of $180 million. This is what oligarchy looks like.
    Yeah really.

And I can play that game too... "at a time when Bernie Sanders is bitching about kids not being able to buy their first home, he just closed on his 3rd home for $600K"

that was fun!

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Lol

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    You might notice that it's not raining in the above picture
    your point? It was "something-ing" enough for Trump to need the umbrella. Perhaps he was trying to not make the sun jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    your point? It was "something-ing" enough for Trump to need the umbrella. Perhaps he was trying to not make the sun jealous.
    My point is it wasn't some un-gentlemen thing to do. It may even be photoshopped. Or maybe he didn't want to be in the sun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    My point is it wasn't some un-gentlemen thing to do. It may even be photoshopped. Or maybe he didn't want to be in the sun.
    Wow, you're really buying into this whole Donald thing aren't you. Hang in there, I think you're REALLY gonna like him once he gets rolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts