Page 177 of 457 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 9140

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Weird doesn't necessarily imply wicked. And I believe that incestuous thought and speech to be morally repugnant. Sin. Wicked.

I also think our cultural-public discourse is over-the-top vulgar. demeaning, loathsome, and corrosive. What profanities and vulgarities that have been obscene (only to be said off-stage if at all) in the past are now common vernacular with speakers having no concern for offending anyone. It's nothing to cheer or to be particularly proud of as a culture. We dwell in the gutter.

Another problem with this sort of widespread use of vulgarity is that we make it banal.
    But is this all that different from other parents who constantly praise their children or spouses in public forums with exaggerated adjectives? Of course there are some situations where that is specifically called for, but at some point you're just boasting about yourself. It feels like bragging about your kids in this way is a particularly American trait and I don't think it's 'Christian'.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    What exactly are the Rock's stances on various issues, etc.? I know there have been rumblings about him running but other than his acting I don't know much about his beliefs, etc.
    He's no Ventura and that is for sure. He is a Republican by card but Libertarian at heart. If he doesn't have a D in his name he has no chance. He might receive a some of the black, hispanic and asian vote but after this circus we are witnessing now, it would be hard for a star of his quality and appearance to overcome the Dumpster Fire's destruction.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    He's no Ventura and that is for sure. He is a Republican by card but Libertarian at heart. If he doesn't have a D in his name he has no chance. He might receive a some of the black, hispanic and asian vote but after this circus we are witnessing now, it would be hard for a star of his quality and appearance to overcome the Dumpster Fire's destruction.
    You say that (and I believe you) about the current president, but what do you want to bet at least 95% of those who voted for him would do it again TODAY if given the opportunity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    You say that (and I believe you) about the current president, but what do you want to bet at least 95% of those who voted for him would do it again TODAY if given the opportunity?
    Anyone but Clinton, I would say 80% at best (Clinton would have won if this was the case), anyone else, he might get 10% of the vote. It depends on what Democrat they trot out there, she was the easiest to beat. Biden would have steamrolled him. Even after all this crap, Hillary is not a likable person (reported she was a prima donna in how she treated people) and that is saying a lot. People actually cringed when they did vote for her. It was the anti-trump vote.

AS for the Rock, if he had D in his name, he would probably eclipse Obama's voting record, he is that popular and he is more of a Libertarian when he speaks than a Republican or Democrat. I would not hesitate to vote for him, I love the guy and who he is and what he is about. He doesn't burn bridges and will tell you straight up what he thinks about something or about you. Ask Vin Diesel how he doesn't bullsh)t around.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Anyone but Clinton, I would say 80% at best (Clinton would have won if this was the case), anyone else, he might get 10% of the vote. It depends on what Democrat they trot out there, she was the easiest to beat. Biden would have steamrolled him. Even after all this crap, Hillary is not a likable person (reported she was a prima donna in how she treated people) and that is saying a lot. People actually cringed when they did vote for her. It was the anti-trump vote.

AS for the Rock, if he had D in his name, he would probably eclipse Obama's voting record, he is that popular and he is more of a Libertarian when he speaks than a Republican or Democrat. I would not hesitate to vote for him, I love the guy and who he is and what he is about. He doesn't burn bridges and will tell you straight up what he thinks about something or about you. Ask Vin Diesel how he doesn't bullsh)t around.
    Yeah, the Dems aren't ready to win yet, they're still too busy trying to explain why they really didn't win last time. I don't know about the Rock's politics but I'd pay good money to see Trump try that "wrong" BS during a debate when another candidate was talking (even if it was Hilldog) on him. That would be must see TV. Not sure I agree about how many Trump voters would still vote for him though, I know some of the Anybody But Hillary crowd might have softened but I believe the hard core Trump folks are still behind him at least 80%-90%. They made fun of Obama supporters and with some validity) about kissing his butt no matter what, but they're gonna wind up being just as bad by the time it's over and probably a whole lot worse because while Obama was weak at best on a lot of issues will be trying to install a throne in the White House before the midterms in 2018.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    The Rock would eat Trump's lunch if he tried that on him and Rock is louder and very quick witted. Little hands would be struggling to out man a REAL man. His biceps alone would scare Trump.

There is no one on the Democrat front that is even noticeable. They kept everything for the entitled people like a cabal. The problem with the Rock is that he will be facing the same crowd that Trump punked over and they will be much wiser this time around. Getting dirt on Rock will be tough because when he messed up he always "brought it".

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    The Rock would eat Trump's lunch if he tried that on him and Rock is louder and very quick witted. Little hands would be struggling to out man a REAL man. His biceps alone would scare Trump.

What's ironic, I'll bet you if Hilldog had came over there after him in the same way he'd have run like hell too. There's no question about the Rock, he can intimidate just about anybody who has any sense.

There is no one on the Democrat front that is even noticeable. They kept everything for the entitled people like a cabal. The problem with the Rock is that he will be facing the same crowd that Trump punked over and they will be much wiser this time around. Getting dirt on Rock will be tough because when he messed up he always "brought it".

Like I said earlier I think the Dems first step is to own their loss last year instead of denying it or making up excuses for it, then as you said find a decent candidate, even Hilldog's biggest supporters, if they're honest, have to admit that there are just too many non extremist Repubs who can't stand her. They don't need to explain that or break it down into a mathematical formula, they just need to "accept it". Then find somebody who IS worth voting for.
    If you'll recall the Dems went through the same thing back in the 80s, and the Repubs went through the same thing in the 90s. It's just part of the evolution of the apes, er politicians in this country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,419 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

Oklahomahawk (05-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-17-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

If the US's next president is the Rock, then it's time to blow it up and start over again.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-17-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,742 Posts
    I would vote for the Rock if he had a decent vice president.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    oh my !
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I would vote for the Rock if he had a decent vice president.
    I bet he would trot one out there.

The Rock is no dummy.

Kasich or punt, nobody else on either side is qualified to run this country the right way and he would work with both sides.