Page 211 of 460 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 9184

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    But wait, don't they say on certain 3 letter cable "news" networks that the American worker is lazy and underachieves and so on?
    Or you know, computers and technology may have helped a bit

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You're right, it couldn't be that many (certainly not all) American workers work harder and are more productive than certain people want to give them credit for. It's probably just the brilliance and pratically deified status of management and ownership. What would be funny if it weren't so sad, so many of the people who watch that certain network I mentioned or listen to talk radio cheer right along with those people who criticize American workers thinking "They talking about those lazy workers in some other state or at some other workplace" when in reality they're talking about them too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts

It’s over."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-11-2017), Runnin (09-10-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    You're right, it couldn't be that many (certainly not all) American workers work harder and are more productive than certain people want to give them credit for. It's probably just the brilliance and pratically deified status of management and ownership. What would be funny if it weren't so sad, so many of the people who watch that certain network I mentioned or listen to talk radio cheer right along with those people who criticize American workers thinking "They talking about those lazy workers in some other state or at some other workplace" when in reality they're talking about them too.
    If you don't think technology helps us get more done than we used to, then I don't think I can help you

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    If you don't think technology helps us get more done than we used to, then I don't think I can help you
    If you don't see that it still takes people too then I don't think I can help you. By the way I see what your end game is, discount anything people related (except those at the top) because then only those at the top deserve to be paid a living wage, or in the case of those at the top of you pyramid, a king's ransom. Fook those underachieving "takers" anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    If you don't see that it still takes people too then I don't think I can help you. By the way I see what your end game is, discount anything people related (except those at the top) because then only those at the top deserve to be paid a living wage, or in the case of those at the top of you pyramid, a king's ransom. Fook those underachieving "takers" anyway.
    I think you may have lost your mind.

It doesn't take a genius to see that a computer, the internet, and mobility will skyrocket productivity, allowing us humans to do bigger and greater things.

If you can't recognize that, then I can't help you

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I think you may have lost your mind.

It doesn't take a genius to see that a computer, the internet, and mobility will skyrocket productivity, allowing us humans to do bigger and greater things.

If you can't recognize that, then I can't help you
    Perhaps I have lost my mind. I never argued technology has made a big difference, my point is that you tend to discount just about everything in that equation with a pulse, except for those at the top of the food chain.

I'll tell you what, you admit that your whole philosophy of life is based on Social Darwinism and I'll stop arguing with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Perhaps I have lost my mind. I never argued technology has made a big difference, my point is that you tend to discount just about everything in that equation with a pulse, except for those at the top of the food chain.

I'll tell you what, you admit that your whole philosophy of life is based on Social Darwinism and I'll stop arguing with you.
    So your hypothesis is that the dramatic rise in productivity from that chart is NOT correlated to the rise of computers and the internet, but instead, randomly people started working a lot harder and/or got a lot smarter?

And me pointing out that productivity increased with better technology somehow makes me a stooge for the elites?

OK then

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    So your hypothesis is that the dramatic rise in productivity from that chart is NOT correlated to the rise of computers and the internet, but instead, randomly people started working a lot harder and/or got a lot smarter?

And me pointing out that productivity increased with better technology somehow makes me a stooge for the elites?

OK then
    Well one thing's for sure, you're getting as good at twisting things around to fit your narrative and tap dancing around anyone who makes a point that might upset whatever conscience you have left, just like the elites. Nice job. You know we really aren't disagreeing on all that many of your points, just that you don't want to give the American worker any credit at all because if you did you might feel bad because of your unwillingness to pay him. That way those at the top can keep all the profits, work the poor lowly pawns at the bottom until they break, then bring in more since they are expendable. See, I can do it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I'm not twisting anything dude. You're completely ignoring all logic to fit your narrative.

So I'll ask again, maybe this time you will answer:

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I'm not twisting anything dude. You're completely ignoring all logic to fit your narrative.

So I'll ask again, maybe this time you will answer:

First, I never said that technology wasn't part of it, maybe even a bit part of it. You seem to want to give technology all the credit for the (continued) rise in productivity, I'm saying people have a big part in it as well. The first chapter in my Business Management course in college, way back then, said "Take care of your people and they'll take care of you". I'm simply saying your equivalent book seems to say something quite different.

If indeed you are a stooge for the elites, or whomever else it may be, it's because you seem to have bought into (and I'm only going by your posts here, I have no idea about how feel at the soul level) the philosophy that people really don't matter that much, they are expendable assets and not much more. Use them, pay them pennies, throw them away when you need to and just go and get some more and repeat the process. That philosophy would tie into the fact that if memory serves Calvin Coolidge is your fave president. He was called "the god of big business and the high priest of greed".

Now explain to me how what I just now posted is me somehow refusing to answer your question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    You're saying i don't value people, but that doesn't make sense.

People created the technology to allow us to create more wealth. But that doesn't change the fact that something as simple as EMAIL has allowed productivity in business to excel. Hey, speaking of excel, that software has been a big reason Bill Gates is rich. Video conferencing allows us to meet face to face with people across the country. Cloud storage allows us to expand servers in minutes rather than months. Machine learning allows us to learn faster and more precsely without even having to think.

But you want me to ignore all of that and say the rise in productivity was not due to technology, but rather everyone randomly starting to work harder and smarter? That's nonsense, and it's just something that you are crusading about for no reason.

If I posted a chart showing that people were able to commute faster starting in the 1900's, I'd say it was probably do to cars (technology), not people suddenly walking faster. And then you'd call me a stooge for big business.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    You're saying i don't value people, but that doesn't make sense.

People created the technology to allow us to create more wealth. But that doesn't change the fact that something as simple as EMAIL has allowed productivity in business to excel. Hey, speaking of excel, that software has been a big reason Bill Gates is rich. Video conferencing allows us to meet face to face with people across the country. Cloud storage allows us to expand servers in minutes rather than months. Machine learning allows us to learn faster and more precsely without even having to think.

But you want me to ignore all of that and say the rise in productivity was not due to technology, but rather everyone randomly starting to work harder and smarter? That's nonsense, and it's just something that you are crusading about for no reason.

If I posted a chart showing that people were able to commute faster starting in the 1900's, I'd say it was probably do to cars (technology), not people suddenly walking faster. And then you'd call me a stooge for big business.
    Dude, first you need to switch to decaf.

Then, why are you insisting that I'm still disagreeing with/arguing with you. I agreed that technology plays a part, even a major part, but that isn't enough, you want 100% agreement and that ain't gonna happen.

I don't know who your current "inspiration" is but it sure sounds like a certain talk radio celebrity. Just kinda sorta agreeing isn't good enough, you must totally bow down to sturg's social, economic, and political philosophy. You know who you're sounding like, right? Those "L words" you love to criticize and bash so much. Only room for one train around these parts, the sturg train.

I don't even remember who used the word stooge first, if it was me then I apologize for that, whomever chose it, it wasn't a good choice. As for the rest, yeah, reconsider my first sentence in this thread and consider decaf before you blow a gasket or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts

Then, why are you insisting that I'm still disagreeing with/arguing with you. I agreed that technology plays a part, even a major part, but that isn't enough, you want 100% agreement and that ain't gonna happen.

I don't know who your current "inspiration" is but it sure sounds like a certain talk radio celebrity. Just kinda sorta agreeing isn't good enough, you must totally bow down to sturg's social, economic, and political philosophy. You know who you're sounding like, right? Those "L words" you love to criticize and bash so much. Only room for one train around these parts, the sturg train.

I don't even remember who used the word stooge first, if it was me then I apologize for that, whomever chose it, it wasn't a good choice. As for the rest, yeah, reconsider my first sentence in this thread and consider decaf before you blow a gasket or something.
    I'm not sure what about my post makes you think I'm "blowing a gasket." Seems like a deflection.

Let's go back and re-visit this argument, shall we

But wait, don't they say on certain 3 letter cable "news" networks that the American worker is lazy and underachieves and so on?
    You started with this... with always popular Fox news jab.

That was my reply. Pointing out something I thought was rather obvious.

Then you come in to tell me I'm wrong... that it was the will of the almighty people, and that anyone who doesn't think that must watch Fox news (doesn't this argument ever get old?)

Your implication here is that a American workers randomly started working harder and became more productive. Why did this magically happen, I wonder? You never explained. Just said it so and then went with the Fox zinger

Here I am, pointing out something I thought was yet again rather obvious. Surely you'd acknowledge this now

Nope. You double down. And then tell me I have an endgame that only those at the top deserve anything, and everyone else deserves to not get a living wage

I seriously have no idea how you took "Technology has made us more productive" to "Anyone who isn't in the C-suite doesn't deserve to make anything"

This goes on and on and on... you then start telling me that you actually mostly agree with me. So, what was the point in arguing? To your last post

I don't drink coffee

Because you are disagreeing with me and arguing with me. If you don't want to agree 100%, then fine. Please tell me why the American worker suddenly started working harder and became more productive, despite no increase in hours worked. You haven't answered this yet, and I'd like you to.

I don't know who your current "inspiration" is but it sure sounds like a certain talk radio celebrity.
    Oh nice one. Switching up from Fox News to Rush. Keeping it interesting. I seriously haven't listened to this guy since I was forced to as a child with my dad. I think he's an idiot and I detest him. But it's always a popular zinger so keep em coming

Just kinda sorta agreeing isn't good enough, you must totally bow down to sturg's social, economic, and political philosophy.
    lol what? I made a factual statement that you took issue with, and you've yet to tell me why I am not correct. I'd like to understand what I'm missing so I can be informed.

You know who you're sounding like, right? Those "L words" you love to criticize and bash so much. Only room for one train around these parts, the sturg train.
    Speaking of blowing a gasket

Your implication that I carry water only for the C-suite is both wrong and tired. You know why I lvoe technology? Because it allows to create more, on less man power, and allows us to enjoy our everyday lives much more. That's what I care about. I want people working 20 hours per week, not 40. And technology will allow us to get there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I'm not sure what about my post makes you think I'm "blowing a gasket." Seems like a deflection.

Let's go back and re-visit this argument, shall we

You started with this... with always popular Fox news jab.

That was my reply. Pointing out something I thought was rather obvious.

Then you come in to tell me I'm wrong... that it was the will of the almighty people, and that anyone who doesn't think that must watch Fox news (doesn't this argument ever get old?)

Your implication here is that a American workers randomly started working harder and became more productive. Why did this magically happen, I wonder? You never explained. Just said it so and then went with the Fox zinger

Here I am, pointing out something I thought was yet again rather obvious. Surely you'd acknowledge this now

Nope. You double down. And then tell me I have an endgame that only those at the top deserve anything, and everyone else deserves to not get a living wage

I seriously have no idea how you took "Technology has made us more productive" to "Anyone who isn't in the C-suite doesn't deserve to make anything"

This goes on and on and on... you then start telling me that you actually mostly agree with me. So, what was the point in arguing? To your last post

I don't drink coffee

Because you are disagreeing with me and arguing with me. If you don't want to agree 100%, then fine. Please tell me why the American worker suddenly started working harder and became more productive, despite no increase in hours worked. You haven't answered this yet, and I'd like you to.

Oh nice one. Switching up from Fox News to Rush. Keeping it interesting. I seriously haven't listened to this guy since I was forced to as a child with my dad. I think he's an idiot and I detest him. But it's always a popular zinger so keep em coming

lol what? I made a factual statement that you took issue with, and you've yet to tell me why I am not correct. I'd like to understand what I'm missing so I can be informed.

Speaking of blowing a gasket

Your implication that I carry water only for the C-suite is both wrong and tired. You know why I lvoe technology? Because it allows to create more, on less man power, and allows us to enjoy our everyday lives much more. That's what I care about. I want people working 20 hours per week, not 40. And technology will allow us to get there.
    You need to meet a woman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts

It’s over."