Page 1 of 167 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment Watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Trump Indictment Watch

Lots of noise about an impending indictment for the Orange One. I am impressed he made it this long. Only question now is who gets indicted first. Matt Gaetz or Trump?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Brazen, rich, entitled asshole criminals are still walking around free when a black or brown person fears for his life just walking down the street.

I'd give Trump, Gaetz, Manafort, Flynn, Stone, Louis DeJoy and all the other Trump swamp creatures three choices: Russia, Guantanamo or a firing squad. They don't deserve anything else.

That giant sucking sound you hear are people leaving the GOP. It's a thing of beauty.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I’m not sure you have any point of reference for any of those remarks.
    Ivermectin Man

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    The obsession is truly pathetic

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Seems reasonable to be talking about a former president that might get indicted, no?

Though I appreciate that Biden largely ignores him. Three years into his term, Trump was mentioning Obama by name an average of 3x per day. Talk about pathetic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to McCann'sCans For This Useful Post:

Runnin (05-18-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Cool. Let’s see what happens
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    If Trump's indicted, expect a rush of Republican DA's across the country to try to come up with any excuse to indict Biden the second he leaves office. I'm not saying Trump doesn't deserve to be indicted. I'm reserving my judgment on that until I have more information. I'm just saying that it's going to set the precedent.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    If Trump's indicted, expect a rush of Republican DA's across the country to try to come up with any excuse to indict Biden the second he leaves office. I'm not saying Trump doesn't deserve to be indicted. I'm reserving my judgment on that until I have more information. I'm just saying that it's going to set the precedent.
    Ultimately it's fine if they want to play that game. I imagine those lawsuits would look a lot like the election lawsuits- lawyers know that if they lie to a judge or file frivolous suits without evidence, they'll lose their license. That's why you see people like Sydney Powell having to argue that 'no reasonable person' would believe her claims and other election attorneys confessing to judges that they 'aren't actually alleging fraud'.

On the flip side, if a DA (regardless of political affiliation) comes up with solid evidence that Biden committed a crime and should be indicted, we should all want that to happen.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Yeah, I'm with you about waiting to see all the evidence but if there is any I'll bet bet things play out a lot differently this time than in the impeachments. This time Trump won't have his own pit bull AG to clean up/redact any actual evidence or block witness testimony or put out their version of what really happened until the DUMAS American people use their MTV attention spans to decide on guilty/innocent.

Trump was a disgrace in my opinion, but William Barr was Trump x 1000. Oh and by the way trumpeters, you can have Joe and Hunter too. I have no use for any of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    Ultimately it's fine if they want to play that game. I imagine those lawsuits would look a lot like the election lawsuits- lawyers know that if they lie to a judge or file frivolous suits without evidence, they'll lose their license. That's why you see people like Sydney Powell having to argue that 'no reasonable person' would believe her claims and other election attorneys confessing to judges that they 'aren't actually alleging fraud'.

On the flip side, if a DA (regardless of political affiliation) comes up with solid evidence that Biden committed a crime and should be indicted, we should all want that to happen.
    I want to see political de-escalation. I'd like to see the parties start moving back towards the center and away from their extremes. I'd gladly let Trump go to do that. I just fear that indicting him, even if 100% valid, will be viewed by many as being politically motivated. This includes a large number of DA's who could see indicting Biden as being a key to their political futures. So there's significant risk of creating a host of political problems here.

So my message is to tread lightly and don't indict unless you have overwhelming evidence. Prosecutors have discretion for a reason.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Agreed that there should only be an indictment if the evidence is clear. But if people (hypothetically) view someone being indicted and convicted as politically motivated, that is a problem with their demagoguery, not with the decision to indict.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I want to see political de-escalation. I'd like to see the parties start moving back towards the center and away from their extremes. I'd gladly let Trump go to do that. I just fear that indicting him, even if 100% valid, will be viewed by many as being politically motivated. This includes a large number of DA's who could see indicting Biden as being a key to their political futures. So there's significant risk of creating a host of political problems here.

So my message is to tread lightly and don't indict unless you have overwhelming evidence. Prosecutors have discretion for a reason.
    I would love it for you to be right, but there's just too much money and power to be extremist assholes. Republicans talk all the time about Dems being divisive and I don't disagree but there's no way anybody is more divisive than what the Repubs have been since the inauguration.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Agreed that there should only be an indictment if the evidence is clear. But if people (hypothetically) view someone being indicted and convicted as politically motivated, that is a problem with their demagoguery, not with the decision to indict.
    For the record, this obviously swings both ways. If Biden is indicted on strong evidence and convicted, then Dems shouldn't view it as politically motivated. This is why I'd like to see Cuomo removed.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    For the record, this obviously swings both ways. If Biden is indicted on strong evidence and convicted, then Dems shouldn't view it as politically motivated. This is why I'd like to see Cuomo removed.
    Oh, I agree with you, but when was the last time you saw any politician ONLY interested in valid evidence? Trump actually admitted to at least half of the stuff the Dems impeached him for and his followers still defended him and denied everything carte blanche.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I for one would love to see Biden indicted but it isnt going to happen. Theres rules about thus stuff. Not for me or you but for the elite class and rich there is a thing called malicious prosecution.

One possibility is DeSantis blocks extradition and Trump essentially becomes a fugitive only able to travel to states with governors who dont have spines. If Trump runs in 2024 with that indictment he cant campaign. Assuming DeSantis would be VP we would have a situation where he would have to go he the main campaigner. I would have a shred of respect for DeSantis if he string armed Trump into being his VP or he will stop blocking the extradition.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 05-18-2021 at 01:59 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I for one would love to see Biden indicted but it isnt going to happen. Theres rules about thus stuff. Not for me or you but for the elite class and rich there is a thing called malicious prosecution.

One possibility is DeSantis blocks extradition and Trump essentially becomes a fugitive only able to travel to states with governors who dont have spines. If Trump runs in 2024 with that indictment he cant campaign. Assuming DeSantis would be VP we would have a situation where he would have to go he the main campaigner. I would have a shred of respect for DeSantis if he string armed Trump into being his VP or he will stop blocking the extradition.
    It's very, very difficult to hold a prosecutor liable for some kind of malicious prosecution tort. Go look at the Rick Perry case. He was indicted for threatening to veto funds if a district attorney that got a DUI didn't resign. The case was absolutely outrageous. It violated both the Texas and the US Constitutions. But the bar is so low for prosecutors that there's not really much you can do about it.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The obsession is truly pathetic
    lol

which one?

republicans still worshipping him or you being upset that those not in the cult are gonna try to finally hold him accountable for something in life?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    You'd think with all the republican DAs and lawyers at least one of them would be able to articulate one law Hunter Biden has broken.

If he and Joe have broken laws, I say let's charge them. In the meantime I'm waiting for someone to tell me what those crimes are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Time to disappear for a while.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts