Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swisher Released

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Can I see more examples of me tossing the word "blindly" into posts?

Anyway back on track. These bozos still think the Braves can compete. That thought alone is reason enough to be questionable of the front office. There is next to zero major league talent on this team. Teams need some sort of balance in order to be successful. Counting on all these prospects to pan out is extremely unlikely and that's being generous. Once again the major league roster going into this season is worse than it was the previous season. Not exactly ringing endorsements of the front office. I understand the need of young talent, but to basically dismiss the major league club two straight off seasons is alarming in my opinion. At some point there needs to be a mixture of real major league players and the prospects. Until the organization puts forth some sort of effort to improve the Atlanta Braves, I will remain extremely negative. Two years of getting worse at the major league level (the one that actually matters) needs to be questioned. Games are won on the field and not in some minor league affiliate city.
    honestly, and maybe you have answered this before, but what would you have done if you were GM the day after Wren was fired?

also, I think our team is better than it was opening day last year...

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    honestly, and maybe you have answered this before, but what would you have done if you were GM the day after Wren was fired?

You realize trying to reason with Niners is a waste of your time, right?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

buck75 (03-30-2016), mfree80 (03-30-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post

I don't think you realize how good last year's team was before the injuries hit. They were grinding out at bats, grinding out wins. And they were playing baseball the right way. And the whole fan base was just really enjoyed the way they played the game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (03-30-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I don't think you realize how good last year's team was before the injuries hit. They were grinding out at bats, grinding out wins. And they were playing baseball the right way. And the whole fan base was just really enjoyed the way they played the game.
    i know and it sucks to think we could've won 15 more games with Upton and Heyward and still missed the playoffs and been screwed for the future but that's a much better option IMO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

mfree80 (03-30-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The sell-off the deadline really took the starch out of the team. They were never going to be contenders, but had the team stayed intact and Grilli not gotten hurt, I think they would have won another 5-10 games. Still not contenders and a couple of the trades netted useful pieces, so I'm not saying the moves shouldn't have been made. But they were, as nsacpi said, really grinding things out and playing fundamentally solid baseball. There was an obvious ceiling on their talent, but it's always fun to watch a team get the most out of its abilities.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    You realize trying to reason with Niners is a waste of your time, right?
    How come Niners doesn't irritate me as much as he does everybody else?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    How come Niners doesn't irritate me as much as he does everybody else?
    Because you are a good man!