Taken from...

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/172487344

Doesn't exactly sound like a vote of confidence

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    all BS. I heard on the radio Coppy saying that the 0-9 start is "unacceptable" and the braves fans "deserve better than that." which is different that what the article answers are. he ever contradicts himself in his answers, at the beginning he talks about injuries and schedule, then at the end he says he can't make excuses.
    Get off my lawn!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    I've given up on this year. The homer in me believed we were gonna progress but my gut knew we'd suck.

Next year will be telling as most of the kids will be up by then.
    Forever Fredi

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (04-15-2016), JohnAdcox (04-15-2016)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I have no reason to say this but my opinion is that Fredi is Bobby's boy and we won't fire Fredi unless Bobby is out of the way.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I have no reason to say this but my opinion is that Fredi is Bobby's boy and we won't fire Fredi unless Bobby is out of the way.
    Bobby is also JS's buddy so you'd have to get rid of both. And JS is McGuirk's buddy and Hart is JS's longtime crush. Coppy would have the only say but he doesn't have enough pull amongst the 3 headed monster to do it.6
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,030 Posts
    Shanks bitching about the lineup tonight, which has Markakis leading off, Castro 2nd and Beckham fifth. Again, Bill, your boys are who assembled this piece of **** roster.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    The bottom line, as it has always been, is that 2016 was, is and will continue to be a lost season. The target for being good was STATED to be 2017.

Now, I think the FO crawfished on the statement a little bit because they didn't want a rush for the life boats but it is what it is.

I felt like, and still do, that they would be much better off clearing the decks completely and bringing in as much young talent as possible. That would include trading Teheran and Freeman (and of course Markakis, Grilli and any other veteran with a pulse). Now, though, with the starts of Teheran and Freeman, I think the Braves are going to have to commit to them and hope they get better.

I've always been a big believer that rebuilds should not be undertaken lightly but once you commit you have to be all in or else risk ending up on the wrong side of wishy-washy.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Shanks bitching about the lineup tonight, which has Markakis leading off, Castro 2nd and Beckham fifth. Again, Bill, your boys are who assembled this piece of **** roster.
    The main problem is that the Braves have essentially NO power threats (outside of a winged Freeman) in the entire organization from top to bottom. If you look at the minor league stats, the only guy there with a HR hit who is a legit prospect is Riley with one, hit a couple of nights ago. Will some of those guys eventually hit for power? Maybe.

But look at the vast majority of successful teams right now and they have multiple power threats at the ML level where they can build their roster.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Getting back to the thread, there is no point in firing Freddie unless he is doing things that are detrimental to the growth of the team and players for the future. Otherwise firing Freddie just introduces another expense (the new manager) with no additive return to the process.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Getting back to the thread, there is no point in firing Freddie unless he is doing things that are detrimental to the growth of the team and players for the future. Otherwise firing Freddie just introduces another expense (the new manager) with no additive return to the process.
    I agree with you, more or less, but sometimes you'll see this type of move (a firing) as more of a cosmetic PR move rather than being derived from any sort of baseball common sense. I would imagine the Braves are almost at that point, or atleast that it's been discussed.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    The main problem is that the Braves have essentially NO power threats (outside of a winged Freeman) in the entire organization from top to bottom. If you look at the minor league stats, the only guy there with a HR hit who is a legit prospect is Riley with one, hit a couple of nights ago. Will some of those guys eventually hit for power? Maybe.

But look at the vast majority of successful teams right now and they have multiple power threats at the ML level where they can build their roster.
    I hear you, but do you not consider Ruiz a legitimate prospect? I am asking because I thought some did. I don't know enough about him to say. I would have to also question the omission of Davidson, although he will force omission if he can't reduce the swing and miss component while maintaining the nice walk rate. Also, do you completely exclude power from Swanson's resume?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts

This is why we need to go with a guy with some pop at 3. In other words, Kyle Lewis.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,030 Posts
    If the intent is to wait until 2017 to fire him, then why the hell? Just get rid of him. He knows he's a lame duck. Let him loose and see if he gets elsewhere. Name an interim manager within the organization if need be.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,145 Posts
    The Fredi bashing is getting a bit silly. No manager on the planet could win with this roster, Freeman and Teheran struggling, Olivera being less than useless, and Inciarte hurt. Just look at the lineup posted for tonight...who could possibly expect that team to win...ever? Every single prognosticator predicted the Braves to have the worst team in MLB, and now they are proving it.

This team is bad, but they aren't 0-9 bad. A bad team loses 9 in a row when their 3 of their 4 MLB-caliber players (Freeman, Inciarte, Teheran, and Markakis) are hurt/struggling for a stretch. Once Freeman and Teheran figure it out, and Inciarte is healthy, this team will start winning about as often as a 65-win team will win.

And it won't have anything to do with Fredi Gonzalez. He is not a good in-game manager, but replacing him will do no good whatsoever for this team in 2016.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Fredi Gone.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Fredi has Bobby Cox in his corner, so this losing is going to have to continue for a good while before they might fire him. If we are 20-61 at the mid-point, that might be bad enough.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skillet View Post
    Fredi has Bobby Cox in his corner, so this losing is going to have to continue for a good while before they might fire him. If we are 20-61 at the mid-point, that might be bad enough.
    Based on what I've seen so far, 20-61 may be unrealistically optimistic at the break.
    Last edited by USMA76; 04-15-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts
    Ok with me!!! Schuerlholtz can go too! Those guys did great things in late 80's to 2005...but they are getting waaaayyyy too much credit for anything now.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Ok with me!!! Schuerlholtz can go too! Those guys did great things in late 80's to 2005...but they are getting waaaayyyy too much credit for anything now.
    From whom? Themselves. John and John say John is doing a great job with the rebuild.

It's a circle jerk.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You're not entirely wrong, Wren was fired because of trying to fire Fredi. Wren was JS's boy and Fredi was Bobby's boy, but JS is a businessman and Bobby is a manager, Bobby fought harder I'm sure than JS did.

That being said, I think Bobby sees the writing on the wall, I think Fredi got up to this year because this was a throw away anyway. If he pulled a miracle the FO would reassess him long term. It was always likely to go into the new stadium with a new manager.

My big concern is the money. We have all this money, only 50M in guaranteed contracts, and we have only 3 arby players (viz who won't get much, Inciarte and Rodriguez as arb 1s) so we will be looking at 20+M we need to spend to get to our minimum we need to spend on players. Looking at the Free agents, it's not great, it's basically Strasburg. Buchholz and Lucroy could be free agents if their options aren't picked up.

So the Braves I see it as having 2 options. Make a trade for a quality player and extend them, or take on someone in the last year of their contract as value like we did with Arroyo where we got a prospect for taking on his salary and play with the big boys in 2017-2018 offseason where we likely see Heyward, Price, Kershaw, Harper, Cutch, Brantley, Machado, Donaldson, Kimbrel, Miller and many more take their crack at FA (first 3 are all opt outs so they may not hit FA, just likely will)
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg