User Tag List

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1224

Thread: HRC

  1. #21
    Waiting for Free Agency striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,918
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 874 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    why just her ?

    Anyone vying for POTUS has a healthy sense of self and of course desires power.

    Why single her out ?

    Your statement was "of all the candidates"
    ....

    Like I said, one candidate is on record saying he wants to inspect and confiscate mail.
    Not sure how much more desirous of power one could be,
    I have the same objection of many candidates. The desire for personal power drives a lot of people to seek the presidency in the first place. Hillary's at the top of my list because of her mix of desire for power and her ability to get it.

    You can want power all day long and have crazy ideas but when it comes down to it, if you don't have the touch needed to actually seize it then you're ineffective. Do you honestly think a President would be allowed to seize mail?

    Which is a more real danger to you, a crazy guy locked up in an asylum because he raves about wanting to kill everyone or a methodical, cautious serial killer? The guy in the asylum might want to kill more but the serial killer is the one to worry about.

  2. #22
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,200
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    57 and his HRC crush. Smh.
    Hey if things continue the way they're going right now we might all need to start working on our own HRC crush, or at least the ability to mimic one. ;)

  3. #23
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have seen no evidence of HRC devious power hungry nature as opposed to anyone else seeking the same prize.

    The rap on David Price is he is afraid to pitch inside. Not a problem when he is pitching against our punch-less Braves, but against KC last years play offs...

    To get where Clinton,Trump,Cruz and Kasich are right now, they all know how to pitch inside
    ...

    As Kristoff points out, this notion of her unique deviousness (witchcraft ? ) is urban legend.

    Unless of course you can show where she , for instance, single handedly shut down the government.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  4. #24
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Hey if things continue the way they're going right now we might all need to start working on our own HRC crush, or at least the ability to mimic one. ;)
    I laugh at (mock) those who now credit Obama (with anything) and see he wasn't the communist, black radical or thug the RW sold to the incurious.

    When was the last time we heard him derogatorily compared to Jimmy Carter ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-25-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  5. #25
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,748
    Thanks
    3,151
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,963 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I fear Cruz in this department as well. He's probably second on my list after Hillary in that respect. I just don't think he's got quite the connections Hillary has.

    I think power to the executive would be a byproduct of what Sanders wants to get done. However I don't see him actually getting those things done should be be elected. I don't see personal power as being as big of a motivator for Sanders as for the others.


    That's where we differ. Everyone in politics is ego-enhanced and I don't see Sanders as being immune. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (04-26-2016)

  7. #26
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

    50PoundHead (04-26-2016)

  9. #27
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,835
    Thanks
    1,140
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I fear Cruz in this department as well. He's probably second on my list after Hillary in that respect. I just don't think he's got quite the connections Hillary has.

    I think power to the executive would be a byproduct of what Sanders wants to get done. However I don't see him actually getting those things done should be be elected. I don't see personal power as being as big of a motivator for Sanders as for the others.
    I disagree with you guys on this one. As a Cruz supporter I would be very disappointed if he wins and then goes on to increase executive power. In fact I think he's the only candidate in the race who wouldn't substantially increase the power of the executive branch, but actually weaken that power.
    From your favorite message board poster (me).

  10. #28
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,023
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I disagree with you guys on this one. As a Cruz supporter I would be very disappointed if he wins and then goes on to increase executive power. In fact I think he's the only candidate in the race who wouldn't substantially increase the power of the executive branch, but actually weaken that power.
    Isn't Cruz big on talking about using executive orders to get things done? I could be wrong but I recall reading it.

    I'd wager none of the 5 remaining would use executive power less than Obama. Maybe not Kasich or Cruz by much, but they'll be right there. If you want less executive power, vote for the libertarian party.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  11. #29
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,835
    Thanks
    1,140
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Isn't Cruz big on talking about using executive orders to get things done? I could be wrong but I recall reading it.

    I'd wager none of the 5 remaining would use executive power less than Obama. Maybe not Kasich or Cruz by much, but they'll be right there. If you want less executive power, vote for the libertarian party.
    He's talked about undoing Obama's executive actions, but beyond that he wants to shut down several departments under the purview of the executive branch. As far as other executive actions it's hard to say.
    From your favorite message board poster (me).

  12. #30
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah son, no one runs (wins ! ) for president to not be, President.

    What is the Libertarian Party track record when elected to Executive office -
    New Mexico doesn't count, they have like what, the population of Syracuse ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  13. #31
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    He's talked about undoing Obama's executive actions, but beyond that he wants to shut down several departments under the purview of the executive branch. As far as other executive actions it's hard to say.
    Cruz ( like the Libertarian Party ) will never be President.

    So they can say anything.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  14. #32
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,835
    Thanks
    1,140
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is how I would characterize the remaining candidates using the political spectrum:

    Sanders - socialist
    Hillary - democrat
    Kasich - liberal
    Cruz - conservative
    Trump - liberal
    From your favorite message board poster (me).

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (04-26-2016)

  16. #33
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard 25 years worth of constantly about HRC being investigated or asked to testify or she lies or she dabbles in witchcraft.

    But here ya go, Ron Paul Campaign Chair, Campaign Manager and Deputy Manager caught,charged,prosecuted and found guilty .
    Say it ain't so ...
    Which is a far cry from HRC body woman working two jobs (conflict of interest perhaps ) or personal email servers ala Rice and Powell.
    Let you read and sort it out for yourself

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tate/83968234/
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  17. #34
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Food for thought
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...2df_story.html
    .......

    Secretary Clinton deserves to be questioned and analyzed as all presidential candidates do, but it’s far beyond time we stopped wasting time giving serious consideration to the delusions of the kinds of people who believe that President Obama is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and is planning to impose sharia law on Texas. There are some very pressing issues that need to be discussed by the progressive community, and this divisive foolishness is distracting us from the real issues facing the American people, and impairing our ability to hold a productive discourse.

    http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/05/0...ke-single-law/
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-06-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  18. #35
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hillary Clinton is going to be exonerated on the email controversy. It won’t matter.
    By Paul Waldman May 6 at 12:10 PM



    The latest news on the Hillary Clinton email controversy reinforces everything we’ve heard so far on this subject:

    Prosecutors and FBI agents investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email server have so far found scant evidence that the leading Democratic presidential candidate intended to break classification rules, though they are still probing the case aggressively with an eye on interviewing Clinton herself, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

    FBI agents on the case have been joined by federal prosecutors from the same office that successfully prosecuted 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui — and who would handle any Edward Snowden case, should he ever return to the country, according to the U.S. officials familiar with the matter. And in recent weeks, prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia and their FBI counterparts have been interviewing top Clinton aides as they seek to bring the case to a close.

    That point about her intending to break classification rules is important, because in order to have broken the law, it isn’t enough for Clinton to have had classified information in a place where it was possible for it to be hacked. She would have had to intentionally given classified information to someone without authorization to have it, like David Petraeus did when he showed classified documents to his mistress (and then lied to the FBI about it, by the way). Despite the enormous manpower and time the Justice Department has devoted to this case, there has never been even a suggestion, let alone any evidence, that Clinton did any such thing.

    But when it comes to the presidential campaign, that isn’t going to matter. Republicans already know what they think: Hillary Clinton is a criminal whose every thought and action is vile and despicable, so of course she broke the law. If the investigation doesn’t show that, it could only be because the investigation was a sham. So they’ll just keep saying that this is a scandal, over and over and over.


    As Bill and Hillary Clinton’s entire careers have proven, when you’re trying to take someone down, the next best thing to a real scandal is a phony one. Let’s not forget that when Bill was president, no alleged wrongdoing was too trivial to investigate, complete with dark insinuations about nefarious conspiracies and potential criminal behavior. You think the endless investigation of Benghazi is ridiculous? In the 1990s, congressional Republicans took 140 hours of sworn testimony on the urgent question of whether the Clintons had misused the White House Christmas card list. Seriously. That’s something that actually happened.

    And the media, always operating on the rule that when it comes to the Clintons any smoke should be treated as fire — even if there’s a bunch of Republicans operating a smoke machine in full view — will offer endless breathless stories about the “scandal” and how it just shows that people don’t trust Clinton.


    That also means that they will allow Donald Trump to say whatever he wants about this subject and never hold him accountable for whatever outlandish statements he issues from the fact-free universe he inhabits. How do I know that? Because that is what has happened so far. Every time he brings this topic up he says something absurd — that Clinton committed horrible crimes, that people who did far less than her are rotting in jail, that she’ll soon be indicted, that she should be barred from running for president, so great were her crimes — and I have yet to hear a single interviewer challenge him on the facts or press him for details.

    That’s part of Trump’s mad genius, and the failing of the political press: he lies so often and so obviously that the reporters covering him have all but given up trying to correct him.

    Just to be clear: I’m not defending Clinton’s decision to use her own email for work, and house it on a private server. That was a mistake. It violated State Department policy. She shouldn’t have done it. But acknowledging that is very different from saying she broke the law or jeopardized national security. As of now there is zero evidence that she did either.

    So here’s what’s going to happen from this point forward. Trump will continue to say that she committed terrible crimes. Other Republicans will chime in to agree. Those statements will be passed on to the public with little or no context or correction. Fox News and conservative talk radio will tell their audiences over and over that this is the most horrific scandal since Watergate, or maybe Teapot Dome.

    Then, some time in the summer, the investigation will conclude, and Clinton will be exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing. Republicans will say that just proves the fix was in. Trump will promise, as he has before, to appoint officials who will pursue a criminal indictment against her. And significant portions of the public will continue to believe that she must have done something wrong, even if they couldn’t quite say what it is, because they’ve heard all this stuff about an email scandal, and everybody wouldn’t be talking about it so much if there wasn’t something to it.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  19. #36
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  20. #37
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    3,033
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    BREAKING: Hillary Hints She May Choose Bernie Sanders as Vice-Pres Running Mate


    This would be wise if she can pull it off. It would be a game changer and hopefully get Mr. T off the front page. Bad news for the Media though. The race would be all but over.
    Last edited by Runnin; 05-09-2016 at 11:19 PM.

  21. #38
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,200
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

    BREAKING: Hillary Hints She May Choose Bernie Sanders as Vice-Pres Running Mate


    This would be wise if she can pull it off. It would be a game changer and hopefully get Mr. T off the front page. Bad news for the Media though. The race would be all but over.
    I pity da fool who tries to get me off the front page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

    Runnin (05-10-2016)

  23. #39
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I pity da fool who tries to get me off the front page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...p4mjqaq9gm0a4i
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  24. #40
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,200
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if I believed anything Hilldog said I might appreciate that plan. I do think Bernie as VP is a good choice and will come a lot closer to unifying the Dems against "Mr T" (thanks runnin) better than anything else she could do in that area.

    I am surprised though that you didn't like my Mr T reference.

    Last edited by Oklahomahawk; 05-10-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •