Page 611 of 746 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661711 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,220 of 14912

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Steph Curry is playing some atrocious basketball. That more than anything is why the Cavs are winning this series right now. If he just plays at an average level these games are blowouts. He is getting out played by an undrafted player. Curry is the damn MVP.
    I really think that head injury was more than just a bruise. He hasn't been the same player since that injury.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I really think that head injury was more than just a bruise. He hasn't been the same player since that injury.
    Has to be that. There is no other explanation as to why he is playing like garbage this series.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Are the Cavs better without Kyrie????????
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Are the Cavs better without Kyrie????????
    Did you read the Zach Lowe article on Kevin Love?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Nope.
    Golden State really did. Look at their season and context of what it entailed. They just straight blew teams out.

theteh, stop with the OKC crap. It's just wishful thinking and cluttering the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Golden State really did. Look at their season and context of what it entailed. They just straight blew teams out.

theteh, stop with the OKC crap. It's just wishful thinking and cluttering the board.
    Golden State had about as much of a cakewalk to the finals as you can get in the Western Conference. Everything played out perfectly for them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I don't think I can say Lebron is better than MJ, but he sure is making a case for it. He's taken just pathetic teams to the finals; won a couple finals; and is competing with one of the best teams in NBA history (in terms of what they accomplished in the regular season). I think 25 wins might be right for this roster without Lebron. Either way, I'm not sure anyone could argue that Lebron is outside of the top 2 players in NBA history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't think I can say Lebron is better than MJ, but he sure is making a case for it. He's taken just pathetic teams to the finals; won a couple finals; and is competing with one of the best teams in NBA history (in terms of what they accomplished in the regular season). I think 25 wins might be right for this roster without Lebron. Either way, I'm not sure anyone could argue that Lebron is outside of the top 2 players in NBA history.
    Hard to compare MJ/Lebron with Russel/Wilt/Kareem but I would agree that MJ/Lebron are 1/2.

Lebron has had the benefit of weak Eastern Conferences so while the teams he brought sucked he didn't have to go through any great teams. Winning against GS would be a career defining accomplishment though.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Did you read the Zach Lowe article on Kevin Love?
    Yes. Did you expect Golden State to say "we wish we would have traded Green for Love?"

It actually makes some good points like (about Green) "We wanted someone who could carry us offensively"

"Green might be able to approximate Love’s value, but only if he’s on a team with at least one ball-dominant star."

PRetty much echoing everything I've said.

"Griffin insists the Cavs want Love back, and Cleveland walloped opponents by 15 points per 100 possessions when Love, LeBron, and Thompson shared the floor, per NBA.com."

I think Love goes to Boston.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Hard to compare MJ/Lebron with Russel/Wilt/Kareem but I would agree that MJ/Lebron are 1/2.

Lebron has had the benefit of weak Eastern Conferences so while the teams he brought sucked he didn't have to go through any great teams. Winning against GS would be a career defining accomplishment though.
    Just winning 2 games vs. GS is an accomplishment. The Cavs also shredded Atlanta and Chicago; two pretty good teams. Lebron won 2 titles with Miami; he then leaves and they only win 37 games in a "weak" Eastern Conference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Just winning 2 games vs. GS is an accomplishment. The Cavs also shredded Atlanta and Chicago; two pretty good teams. Lebron won 2 titles with Miami; he then leaves and they only win 37 games in a "weak" Eastern Conference.
    There were other players that left that Miami team and the Bosh injury killed them or they might have actually been a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Atlanta was severly weakened with their injuries and teh Bulls weren't the same team when Pau got hurt. Lebron had a cakewalk this year.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I think it's silly to even consider criticizing LeBron at this point. I don't care how many shots he takes to get 40 points; he's getting them.

What I also think is being overlooked here is the moment might be too big for Golden State right now. They coasted to the finals and are getting punched in the mouth and haven't quite figured out how to adjust to it. If they don't win Thursday, this thing is gonna be done in 5. We'll see if they turn the switch on.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    There were other players that left that Miami team and the Bosh injury killed them or they might have actually been a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Atlanta was severly weakened with their injuries and teh Bulls weren't the same team when Pau got hurt. Lebron had a cakewalk this year.
    Lol, you are the king of excuses.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Yes. Did you expect Golden State to say "we wish we would have traded Green for Love?"

It actually makes some good points like (about Green) "We wanted someone who could carry us offensively"

"Green might be able to approximate Love’s value, but only if he’s on a team with at least one ball-dominant star."

PRetty much echoing everything I've said.

"Griffin insists the Cavs want Love back, and Cleveland walloped opponents by 15 points per 100 possessions when Love, LeBron, and Thompson shared the floor, per NBA.com."

I think Love goes to Boston.
    I wonder if Olynk's dirty play ruined that for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lol, you are the king of excuses.
    So what I said isn't true?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This came up the other day and its easy to dismiss MJ because he was years ago and LBJ is just dealing right now. I think LBJ is more gifted physically but more than anything MJ had more natural feel for the game? Maybe?

I don't know the answer yet but he is taking this team on his back and getting the best from them. Impressive and been doing it a LONG time...Kept his nose clean as well since he has been in the spotlight since HS.
    Ivermectin Man

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    It's more than the points. Lebron is just a force out there. They run EVERYTHING through him. He is the focal point every time he is on the court. He completely overshadows everyone, including Curry.

Curry most definitely had the better season. But Lebron is on a different plane than anyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    LeBron is playing the best I've ever seen him play. And his antics on the court are much more likeable as well. He's certainly not as hateable as he was, but I have to say there is nothing more annoying right now than the "How can you hate LeBron?" crowd.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    LeBron is playing the best I've ever seen him play. And his antics on the court are much more likeable as well. He's certainly not as hateable as he was, but I have to say there is nothing more annoying right now than the "How can you hate LeBron?" crowd.
    He still comes off like he has down syndrome or something with his facial expressions on the court.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    There is something irritating about how he looks like he just climbed Mount Everest with a bear on his back after wins.