Thread: NBA Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    So Gobert is kind of good now.
    He should be the favorite for DPOY as of today.

With all of the Jazz injuries, he's the sole reason they are 15-10 and have the 4th best net rating in the NBA.

It's going to be a fun game next Wednesday with OKC. Good chance that at least Hood and Hill play that game. And I don't think it's likely, but there's a chance Favors is back too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    He should be the favorite for DPOY as of today.

With all of the Jazz injuries, he's the sole reason they are 15-10 and have the 4th best net rating in the NBA.

It's going to be a fun game next Wednesday with OKC. Good chance that at least Hood and Hill play that game. And I don't think it's likely, but there's a chance Favors is back too.
    Utah is a better team than OKC. I mean, RW can win the game for them but overall Utah should win.

Adams vs. Gobert should be fun though.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Utah is a better team than OKC. I mean, RW can win the game for them but overall Utah should win.

Adams vs. Gobert should be fun though.
    Really is not the match up really Gobert versus Westbrook?

The Jazz really struggle with fast PGs when Hill has been out. So if he can't make it back, then OKC should win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Really is not the match up really Gobert versus Westbrook?

The Jazz really struggle with fast PGs when Hill has been out. So if he can't make it back, then OKC should win.
    Really not fair to put a matchup of RW vs any center. It has so much to do with how effective the picks are and how effectively the opposing PG can funnel RW so that he only has limited angles to attack the basket. The opposing center really doesn't have a tremendous amount of impact against a player as dynamic as RW.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Really not fair to put a matchup of RW vs any center. It has so much to do with how effective the picks are and how effectively the opposing PG can funnel RW so that he only has limited angles to attack the basket. The opposing center really doesn't have a tremendous amount of impact against a player as dynamic as RW.
    What I mean is will Gobert dissuade RW from attacking the rim and settle for jump shots. To me there is a large difference between that version of Russ and the version that's attacking the basket and grabbing offensive rebounds.

But I agree, George Hill will be the one who will be able to determine whether Russ wins the game or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Gf, looks like Beal read your posts. He's playing some of the best ball of his career. I just hope he can stay healthy. Still upset that the Wiz turned down the Harden for Beal swap.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Gf, looks like Beal read your posts. He's playing some of the best ball of his career. I just hope he can stay healthy. Still upset that the Wiz turned down the Harden for Beal swap.
    True, lets see if he can withstand it. I'm upset they didn't do Harden for Beal as well.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    I see Kanter is still a buffoon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I see Kanter is still a buffoon.
    The whole OKC team was a house of cards built on KD/Russel.

They have good players but it was all complementary to the skill set of those two players combined. Its time to tear it down and let Presti draft again at the top of the draft.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    The whole OKC team was a house of cards built on KD/Russel.

They have good players but it was all complementary to the skill set of those two players combined. Its time to tear it down and let Presti draft again at the top of the draft.
    Weren't you saying last week that they were a shooter away from being the second best team in the West? That was real quick.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Weren't you saying last week that they were a shooter away from being the second best team in the West? That was real quick.
    That made me laugh out loud. Honestly. No offense to thethe, just funny stuff.

I actually got a chance to watch OKC a little bit. Just a strange team. It's odd that Westbrook is trying hard to involve his teammates than he ever has before (or it seems like it), but his teammates kind of suck. What if he would have done that when they had Durant? Or Durant and Harden?

He hit a wide open Andre Roberson a bunch and had some nice passes to Steven Adams. I feel bad for him in the sense that those guys are pretty garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Well they are but it isn't easy to get live ball shooters. And oladipo being out hurts. Definitely an over reaction to the last two games which were disasters.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    That made me laugh out loud. Honestly. No offense to thethe, just funny stuff.

I actually got a chance to watch OKC a little bit. Just a strange team. It's odd that Westbrook is trying hard to involve his teammates than he ever has before (or it seems like it), but his teammates kind of suck. What if he would have done that when they had Durant? Or Durant and Harden?

He hit a wide open Andre Roberson a bunch and had some nice passes to Steven Adams. I feel bad for him in the sense that those guys are pretty garbage.
    Roberson, Adams, and Oladipo are really nice players. Very much rotation worthy on a championship level team.

After that, that team has no depth. Morrow is a black Steve Novak. Sabonis, at this point, is a poor man's Kelly Olynk. Kanter is the Matt Kemp of basketball.

Honestly, thethe is right. It's a team assembled to complement Durant/Westbrook and without Durant it's a bunch of pieces that don't work. The only offense they can generate without Westbrook in the game is posting up Kanter. Good luck winning games in 2016-2017 with that as your main offense.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Well they are but it isn't easy to get live ball shooters. And oladipo being out hurts. Definitely an over reaction to the last two games which were disasters.
    Not sure a live ball shooter really fixes the rotation problems. OKC really needs someone to lead the second units. I could see a trade for Rudy Gay making sense.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Roberson, Adams, and Oladipo are really nice players. Very much rotation worthy on a championship level team.

After that, that team has no depth. Morrow is a black Steve Novak. Sabonis, at this point, is a poor man's Kelly Olynk. Kanter is the Matt Kemp of basketball.

Honestly, thethe is right. It's a team assembled to complement Durant/Westbrook and without Durant it's a bunch of pieces that don't work. The only offense they can generate without Westbrook in the game is posting up Kanter. Good luck winning games in 2016-2017 with that as your main offense.
    I will concede Oladip and Adams. Oladipo woudl be ok as a "3rd best player." Adams is averageish big man. BUt, Andre Roberson? He is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Not sure a live ball shooter really fixes the rotation problems. OKC really needs someone to lead the second units. I could see a trade for Rudy Gay making sense.
    It's supposed to be Payne. He will be back soon and then it will be more clear what the team needs.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I will concede Oladip and Adams. Oladipo woudl be ok as a "3rd best player." Adams is averageish big man. BUt, Andre Roberson? He is awful.
    Roberson is without a doubt one of the 5 best wing defenders in the game. Arable second best behind Kawai. He can't shoot at all but he is good in transition and cutting to the basket. People focus too much on what a player can't do and not on what the player can do

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Roberson is without a doubt one of the 5 best wing defenders in the game. Arable second best behind Kawai. He can't shoot at all but he is good in transition and cutting to the basket. People focus too much on what a player can't do and not on what the player can do
    I dont think he's a top 5 wing defender

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Whether he is or he isn't top 5 defender, the Thunder can't play him enough minutes because he's an absolute zero. When what you can't do limits what you can do then it warrants focusing on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Whether he is or he isn't top 5 defender, the Thunder can't play him enough minutes because he's an absolute zero. When what you can't do limits what you can do then it warrants focusing on that.
    His shooting complicates things but I think his overall value is still positive.
    Natural Immunity Croc