Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 14912

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Bye bye Giddey
    Lots of conflicting information out right now but if allegations are true he should be cut immediately.

It actually helps clarify things for OKC moving forward as it was starting to feel like Giddey would be the odd man out either way.

Need to get Cason/Joe/Kenrich more minutes.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Is it a little strange that the Giddey allegations are over a day old and seemingly haven’t been picked up by any major, credible outlet? No tweets from any of the usual reporters, no comments from the team/league of “we are aware of allegations and are investigating yadda yadda yadda.” I know it was Thanksgiving, but this isn’t an industry that closes up shop for holidays. If you search for Giddey on Google news and sort by date, it’s all clickbait sites and weird overseas outlets…on Twitter it’s more of the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Is it a little strange that the Giddey allegations are over a day old and seemingly haven’t been picked up by any major, credible outlet? No tweets from any of the usual reporters, no comments from the team/league of “we are aware of allegations and are investigating yadda yadda yadda.” I know it was Thanksgiving, but this isn’t an industry that closes up shop for holidays. If you search for Giddey on Google news and sort by date, it’s all clickbait sites and weird overseas outlets…on Twitter it’s more of the same.
    Exactly - Just a lot of conflicting information from non-reliable sources.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    I think it’s fair given that this high school girl is going to be doxxed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    I can’t remember how fast the Wander Franco story unfolded this summer …might’ve been on the same timeline.

I’d have to think there’d be some sort of acknowledgment before the Thunder’s next game tomorrow

Edit - he was asked about it by reporters at practice today and offered a “no comment”…same from the head coach
    Last edited by acesfull86; 11-24-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    NBA finally having enough of Draymond's ****. Only took them like 8 years.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Imagine for a second you're a new city getting a basketball franchise and you are blessed to start with a young core of Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka and then 15 years later you may even have a better future core.

Just wow
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Jazz playing too well which means their first rounder is going to end up with OKC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Jazz playing too well which means their first rounder is going to end up with OKC.
    Better for your squad since this draft class is considered a joke. There will be a great player somewhere but by the odds you'd rather give up this years pick probably.

You'll always be good to with that coach.
    Last edited by thethe; 01-12-2024 at 04:55 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Better for your squad since this draft class is considered a joke. There will be a great player somewhere but by the odds you'd rather give up this years pick probably.

You'll always be good to with that coach.
    I really don’t mind. Jazz will be facing roster crunch once they start using all these picks they got.

Thunder continue to have an enormous war chest. I’d love to see a top 5 star force a trade there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I really don’t mind. Jazz will be facing roster crunch once they start using all these picks they got.

Thunder continue to have an enormous war chest. I’d love to see a top 5 star force a trade there
    No room for a star - We've got our three max guys. Its about building around the edges correctly now.

We will probably just kick the can down the road like we did with denver and trade current firsts for future firsts.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Have you seen enough of George or Hendricks to be ok with being to good to tank for the next couple of years chop?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Have you seen enough of George or Hendricks to be ok with being to good to tank for the next couple of years chop?
    I admittedly haven’t watched many games. I like George and think he’s going to be a high level role player (though no star). Hendricks is raw and really wasn’t expected to play much this year. But again, he’s not going to be a star either. Lauri is a star though. Personally, I think he’s better than Mitchell and he’s still young and wants to stay in Utah.

I don’t think they need to tank given they own Lakers, Cavs and Minnesota unprotected firsts for the next decade. It’s better for them if they take post hype young guys like Markannen and Sexton and develop them. Even when it doesn’t work (Collins and THT), they have so much cap room that it doesn’t matter.

While obviously I’d rather be in the Thunder’s position, I think that’s the exception. You could easily end up like the Pistons and spend over a decade rebuilding if you bottom out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

thethe (01-14-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lauri is a cornerstone piece I’d just hate to be here three years from now and really no closer. The other teams future picks are great assets because the nba is so unpredictable. This year it makes no sense to tank but starting next year I think the Jazz have to take a long look at themselves and see if they’ve got a core that can even get past the first round.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How good is Jalen Williams chop?

Think okc may end up with three top 20 guys a year or two down the road.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    How good is Jalen Williams chop?

Think okc may end up with three top 20 guys a year or two down the road.
    Really fun game the other night. Durant is a generational talent and unicorn, but I think Presti has built a more complete team this go around.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    One thing that’s always bothered me about NBA coverage is how much weight is given to reputation/talent rather than prrformance.

The rookie of the year race is a perfect example of this. As much as it pains me to stroke thethe’s ego, I think Chet should win this in a landslide. Since Wemby is a generational prospect that hasn’t fallen on his face, he’s still the betting odds favorite.

I understand team quality is night and day, but Chet is the second best player on a top 5 team. It’s as if every NBA writer is competing to become Wemby’s Brian Windhorst (LeBron).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    One thing that’s always bothered me about NBA coverage is how much weight is given to reputation/talent rather than prrformance.

The rookie of the year race is a perfect example of this. As much as it pains me to stroke thethe’s ego, I think Chet should win this in a landslide. Since Wemby is a generational prospect that hasn’t fallen on his face, he’s still the betting odds favorite.

I understand team quality is night and day, but Chet is the second best player on a top 5 team. It’s as if every NBA writer is competing to become Wemby’s Brian Windhorst (LeBron).
    What Wemby is doing is absurd though - Have to be concerned with bad team so someone has to get teh stats effect but i get it.

And while I'm a big big big chet fan...I wouldn't be quick to give him second best player on the team just yet. What Jalen Williams is doing is absolutely ridiculous (both sides of the floor too like Chet).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    I need Randle to not be seriously injured

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I need Randle to not be seriously injured
    I still will always believe knicks will not be true contendors until they get away from Randle.

Not sure what the swap...most likely a 3-4 team deal but if Knicks can swap out Randle and bring in Mitchell at the start of next year they'd be cooking with fire.

Mitch/OG/Hart/Mitchel/Brunson is a very interesting starting five.
    Natural Immunity Croc