Page 88 of 746 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 14912

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Until the Thunder win it all, these games in the regular season are meaningless. Good win, but let's see them do this in May.
    I agree. Its there time now. They need to win. But, anytime you go into SA and win by double digits its a good win.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Ah yes, another gem.
    Then Why do you argue the reason theThunder lost in the playoffs was bc of Westbrook injury?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Then Why do you argue the reason theThunder lost in the playoffs was bc of Westbrook injury?
    Because losing a top five player without time to prepare is.hard? Your argument is so off its hysterical. Westbrook is one of the best players in the NBA. No team would win a.championship with losing their second best player and westbrook is the beat of aall the second options on any team.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Because losing a top five player without time to prepare is.hard? Your argument is so off its hysterical. Westbrook is one of the best players in the NBA. No team would win a.championship with losing their second best player and westbrook is the beat of aall the second options on any team.
    There supporting cast is either good or it isn't?

Lebron made it to the finals with dog**** support.

You claim OKC has very good players outside of Durant/Westbrook.....why couldnt they beat Memphis?

The supporting cast is good, but Durant cant carry a team by himself

or

OKC supporting cast is really lacking and not even Durant could lead them to victory

Which one is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    TORRRRRRRRRROONNNNTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Haha, yeah that was a disgusting loss but every team has them over the course of a season. Obviously the Thunder didn't take them seriously and were still off a high of kicking the crap out of SA. They are still the best team that doesn't have Lebron on it easily.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Honestly if Durant were so incredible he should be able to beat teams by himself.
    Lebron, with the Thunder's cast last year (minus Russell) would have still be in the finals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    and for the record I think Durant is the 2nd best player in the game, but he's not an all-time great. Give LeBron Westbrook and Ibaka. Oooh man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Guys in the their early 20's don't win NBA titles when the whole core is at that age. Lets see what happens moving forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Is Melo really 11-1 vs Durant?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    He's one of the top players in the league.

Like i said, Mia wouldnt win it all if they didnt have Wade last year.

SA would be done if they lost Parker or Duncan.

Etc, etc.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Honestly if Durant were so incredible he should be able to beat teams by himself.
    Lebron, with the Thunder's cast last year (minus Russell) would have still be in the finals.
    LOL, no he wouldn't have.

Probably would of beaten Mem, but would of lost to SA.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    and for the record I think Durant is the 2nd best player in the game, but he's not an all-time great. Give LeBron Westbrook and Ibaka. Oooh man.
    Westbrook didnt play in the 2nd round dip****.

The same thing would of happened, LeBron wouldnt of magically turned their role players into MJ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Westbrook didnt play in the 2nd round dip****.

The same thing would of happened, LeBron wouldnt of magically turned their role players into MJ.
    Who said anything about the 2nd round?
    All I'm saying is, not even talking about last year in particular, Westbrook has been good for a few years. If LeBron had a guy playing like that and Harden when he was there? Damn. You can say it's because of age or experience, but it's still the truth. LeBron, those year, would have run with that team, if even for a year, and won it. The question is, has Durant made that step? Not yet, and until he does (the way I believe LeBron has - I think him at that time in his game would have won). I know it's because Durant is young, but it's not a guarantee he reaches that level. The NBA is a star driven sport more than any other. I think it's more fair to judge NBA players, singularly, who are supposed to be elite, on championships than in most other sports. He could definitely do it IMO but he has to.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    All I'm saying is, not even talking about last year in particular, Westbrook has been good for a few years. If LeBron had a guy playing like that and Harden when he was there? Damn. You can say it's because of age or experience, but it's still the truth. LeBron, those year, would have run with that team, if even for a year, and won it. The question is, has Durant made that step? Not yet, and until he does (the way I believe LeBron has - I think him at that time in his game would have won). I know it's because Durant is young, but it's not a guarantee he reaches that level. The NBA is a star driven sport more than any other. I think it's more fair to judge NBA players, singularly, who are supposed to be elite, on championships than in most other sports. He could definitely do it IMO but he has to.
    1- KD, Russ, Harden were 21-22 when they made the Finals, thats baby age in the NBA.

2- Its no lock LeBron wins it with them, odds are better but its no lock.

3- KD is 25, you act like he will never win one.

4- It's a team game.

5- If Durant isnt a star, who is outside of LeBron?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    1- KD, Russ, Harden were 21-22 when they made the Finals, thats baby age in the NBA.

2- Its no lock LeBron wins it with them, odds are better but its no lock.

3- KD is 25, you act like he will never win one.

4- It's a team game.

5- If Durant isnt a star, who is outside of LeBron?
    1) I understand that. I'm saying Lebron, at that time in HIS career, would have won.
    3) Never said I think Durant won't win one. I think he HAS to first the way LeBron had to first.
    4) Yes I know, but IMO it's more star driven than any other major sport. To be considered elite in the NBA it's more important to win 'ships than other sports. Smaller pool, higher standats.
    5) Durant is the 2nd best player in the league, he's a star, but he's not one of the best of all time. He could end up being it but he's not yet.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    1) I understand that. I'm saying Lebron, at that time in HIS career, would have won.
    3) Never said I think Durant won't win one. I think he HAS to first the way LeBron had to first.
    4) Yes I know, but IMO it's more star driven than any other major sport. To be considered elite in the NBA it's more important to win 'ships than other sports. Smaller pool, higher standats.
    5) Durant is the 2nd best player in the league, he's a star, but he's not one of the best of all time. He could end up being it but he's not yet.
    1- Thats an opinion, KD averaged 30+ on 50% shooting in his first Finals.

3- Probably true.

4- I would agree you cant win in the NBA without at least one star, nowadays you need 2 or more.

5- Only thethe has said he will be a top 10 all-time player but he has a lot of basketball left to prove it. I think he could be but long, long way to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I find it odd that the Thunder are penalized for not winning last year after Westbrook got hurt. Are you all still in denial that he is one of the best players in basketball?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lets look at what you said here regarding Durant not winning a title yet:

10-11 Lost to Mavs in WCF - Team was 21-22 years of age and getting first taste of action and lost to a veteran filled team Dallas
    11-12 Lost to Heat in Finals - Team was 22-23 and lost to a team with the greatest player of all time in his prime along with Wade (top 50) player and Bosh who was good. Are we really going to fault Durant for not winning a title against a loaded Heat team with Lebron James on it? Would Lebron at 23 years of age substituted for Durant beat that Heat team? I doubt it....
    12-13 Lost to Memphis in second round - Lost Westbrook. Not sure what other reason there needs to be. When you lose a top 5 player you are not going to win anything

Now, I expect them to win it this year. Sure, the team is still young but the core is getting older and more experienced. I think its fair to criticize both Durant/RW if they can't get it done this year assuming health for both of those guys.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Lets look at what you said here regarding Durant not winning a title yet:

10-11 Lost to Mavs in WCF - Team was 21-22 years of age and getting first taste of action and lost to a veteran filled team Dallas
    11-12 Lost to Heat in Finals - Team was 22-23 and lost to a team with the greatest player of all time in his prime along with Wade (top 50) player and Bosh who was good. Are we really going to fault Durant for not winning a title against a loaded Heat team with Lebron James on it? Would Lebron at 23 years of age substituted for Durant beat that Heat team? I doubt it....
    12-13 Lost to Memphis in second round - Lost Westbrook. Not sure what other reason there needs to be. When you lose a top 5 player you are not going to win anything

Now, I expect them to win it this year. Sure, the team is still young but the core is getting older and more experienced. I think its fair to criticize both Durant/RW if they can't get it done this year assuming health for both of those guys.
    You're missing the point of my post. I didn't ask for why he didn't win.
    All I'm saying is, KD has to win one to be considered truly elite. Talks of him being top-10 all-time are extremely pre-mature at this point. He needs to win more than 1 to be in that category. He's likely to win at some point based on the young talent around him and the fact that he's great. But it isn't a guarantee, and we can't crown him until he does it.