Page 717 of 744 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 14871

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    He gave Kanter $70 million and Oladipo $80 million which are both awful contracts. Not to mention giving Kyle Singler that contract. I don't see how you can point to those offseasons objectively and be happy with the process or the results.

It speaks volumes to how amazing this offseason was considering he great returns for players that weren't really valuable.
    He didn't 'give' taht deal to Kanter. He matched Portlands offer. He didn't want to lose Kanter for nothing. In hindsight that might have been the best option. Oladipo had plenty of value IMO. I think he is a solid #3 options on a good team. Guy was a high end 3 and D guy as his 3 point shooting was improving. In a year or two I think he will be considered one of the 5 best 3 and D guys in the league.

But - that lineup I posted above would have been the best team in the league hands down and Presti would have been considered a genius along with a multiple championship executive.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    He didn't 'give' taht deal to Kanter. He matched Portlands offer. He didn't want to lose Kanter for nothing. In hindsight that might have been the best option. Oladipo had plenty of value IMO. I think he is a solid #3 options on a good team. Guy was a high end 3 and D guy as his 3 point shooting was improving. In a year or two I think he will be considered one of the 5 best 3 and D guys in the league.

But - that lineup I posted above would have been the best team in the league hands down and Presti would have been considered a genius along with a multiple championship executive.
    What did I post that was wrong? He gave Kanter 70 million (you yourself said that he's an awful player). Oladipo is in year four and every year he's graded out below average. You don't want to pay below average players $80 million, obviously.

Any who, I don't expect you not to contradict yourself. You did it with kanter the second he was traded and you are going to do with Melo this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What did I post that was wrong? He gave Kanter 70 million (you yourself said that he's an awful player). Oladipo is in year four and every year he's graded out below average. You don't want to pay below average players $80 million, obviously.

Any who, I don't expect you not to contradict yourself. You did it with kanter the second he was traded and you are going to do with Melo this year.
    I'm in a wait and see approach with Melo. If he wants to become a spot up shooter and primary option in non-RW/PG lineups then I'm fine with it. The game he played in NY is just not going to work.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    As a Celtics fan, consider me unimpressed with the events that have taken place thus far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    As a Celtics fan, consider me unimpressed with the events that have taken place thus far.
    In the long run you may be better off as long as Hayward fully recovers.

You are looking at an accelerated learning curve for Brown/Tatum plus a better pick. Then you add Hayward next year with Lebron being a year older and you're in the running for a NBA title.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    In the long run you may be better off as long as Hayward fully recovers.

You are looking at an accelerated learning curve for Brown/Tatum plus a better pick. Then you add Hayward next year with Lebron being a year older and you're in the running for a NBA title.
    You are assuming Hayward comes back 100% in this scenario which isn't 100% certain.
    That injury was difficult to watch. He was my favorite player to watch the past five years. I feel so bad for him.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    That was awful...probably worst I’ve ever seen...has to be a psychological hurdle to overcome in addition to the obvious physical component

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    The Jazz improve their net rating to 5.0 with this win...that's third in the Western Conference, only behind the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The Jazz improve their net rating to 5.0 with this win...that's third in the Western Conference, only behind the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors
    Jazz are a good team. Some bad losses lately but ultimately a good future. Need to find a way to trade hood if he has any value.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Bulls are doing a great job tanking for the top-pick, Kris Dunn is actually showing some potential, and Mirotic seems like a good trade-candidate if he can keep up the play he's shown since coming back from facial surgery. Too bad I have no faith in the Forman/Paxson front-office to ultimately successfully execute the rebuild.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Bulls are doing a great job tanking for the top-pick, Kris Dunn is actually showing some potential, and Mirotic seems like a good trade-candidate if he can keep up the play he's shown since coming back from facial surgery. Too bad I have no faith in the Forman/Paxson front-office to ultimately successfully execute the rebuild.
    I think Nwaba is going to be your best long term player.

Even a guy like Holliday has drastically increased his value. I think the Bulls have done very well despite their record. Markinin could end up being a player.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    I think Nwaba is going to be your best long term player.

Even a guy like Holliday has drastically increased his value. I think the Bulls have done very well despite their record. Markinin could end up being a player.
    Markkanen looks to be the best long-term player, I'd say, pending LaVine's return. But Dunn and Nwaba both have a chance to contribute to a good team down the line. Bulls just have done a good job leveraging their assets for full value (selling the Jordan Bell pick to GSW being a good example; ditto the trade of Taj Gibson), and Forman/Paxson basically admitted Markkanen fell in their lap last draft. I still think they need a front-office culture change alongside their roster reboot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Markkanen looks to be the best long-term player, I'd say, pending LaVine's return. But Dunn and Nwaba both have a chance to contribute to a good team down the line. Bulls just have done a good job leveraging their assets for full value (selling the Jordan Bell pick to GSW being a good example; ditto the trade of Taj Gibson), and Forman/Paxson basically admitted Markkanen fell in their lap last draft. I still think they need a front-office culture change alongside their roster reboot.
    I'd just be careful about a shakeup. I know there has been a lot of criticism of the way the front office handled a lot of issues (deservedly so) but in general I have always felt they built teams filled with interesting young talent. I mean they drafted Butler with the 30th pick. People don't stop giving SA credit for Kawai at 15 but what the Bulls did was even more impressive. Getting Jerian Grant for an obvious beaten down Rose was a great move. Even Lopez has been solid for the team.

I'm a big believer in Nwaba. He already knows how to play off the ball and has flashed some ability to be a facilitator on offense. A guy doesn't necessarily have to score to be good on offense but he has to be able to move the ball and understand how to use the big man in a pick and roll situation. I think he can do those things. Defensively he should be a plus contribtor.

I'd just stick with the process. I think the Bulls are real close to turning the corner and I would want people running that up with a proven track record of excellent talent evaluation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    I'd just be careful about a shakeup. I know there has been a lot of criticism of the way the front office handled a lot of issues (deservedly so) but in general I have always felt they built teams filled with interesting young talent. I mean they drafted Butler with the 30th pick. People don't stop giving SA credit for Kawai at 15 but what the Bulls did was even more impressive. Getting Jerian Grant for an obvious beaten down Rose was a great move. Even Lopez has been solid for the team.

I'm a big believer in Nwaba. He already knows how to play off the ball and has flashed some ability to be a facilitator on offense. A guy doesn't necessarily have to score to be good on offense but he has to be able to move the ball and understand how to use the big man in a pick and roll situation. I think he can do those things. Defensively he should be a plus contribtor.

I'd just stick with the process. I think the Bulls are real close to turning the corner and I would want people running that up with a proven track record of excellent talent evaluation.
    I don't see much value in Grant or Holliday moving forward—nor the waste of a pick that is Denzel Valentine—but I am intrigued by Dunn's showing so far, Markkanen's all-around ability, LaVine's looming return, as well as the potentials the Bulls might net for Mirotic and Lopez (especially the latter, who I think is critically underrated—and, to that degree, would hate to see go, even though he won't be part of the next good Bulls squad).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think you're underselling Holliday I believe he has value but I agree with your assessment on grant.

My ultimate point though is that the current front office does not just a good job but a great job on talent valuation and see no reason not to have them running the show in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Bulls have been real good lately JPX. They are in play for packaging up a bunch of players for a star if needed. I'm curious how they are going to integrate Lavine. Who do you think is going to take the biggest hit to playing time? Holliday? Grant? I don't see it impacting Dunn in the slightest. He's been real good.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    OKC is getting it together. Using Roberson is many interesting ways that will allow him to stay on the floor in key spots as long as intentional fouling is not an issue. I actually think they have a shot at challenging the Warriors. When RW is locked in on defense, which surprisingly is happening more this year, they are just deadly. Can guard all positions and switch everything.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Not that anyone posts in here anymore but at any time you guys can admit I was right about Adams.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The Entire League Has Warriors Derangement Syndrome.

A good article about the best players in the league lamenting on the thought of another Golden State title. Seems a lot of players want to be traded.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    https://deadspin.com/milwaukee-polic...1822539032/amp

Bucks player tazed and arrested for "resisting arrest" will not be charged...... most likely because there was no cause for him to be arrested in the first place. The officer got what he wanted though. He got to reach that uppity negroe a lesson.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.