Page 720 of 744 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730 ... LastLast
Results 14,381 to 14,400 of 14871

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I do sincerely hope you remember I was always very strongly on the Town's side of that debate. It was our dear friend BRule that had this Okafor obsession.

Ironically, his Knicks were saved from Okafor by Philly and he got Porzingis. Can you imagine if Philly drafted Porzingis to go with Embiid and Simmons?

It's going to be an all-time great what-if
    I know where you stood on that. My puffing my chest out is not directed at you at all. I think the record will show that in almost all arguments I had with brule/Giles on basketball I proved my knowledge and ability to scout for the future. Now baseball? Well, I suck at that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    If it’s any consolation, you can only be as smart as your favorite team’s decision maker haha... I kid I kid.

As an aside, I watched Denver the last two games and I think I would throw myself off a bridge if I was Nuggets fan. They’ve completely collapsed the last few weeks with horrendous defense and coaching. That Millsap contract has a bit of stink on it already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I don't get why they got him. Jokic played so well with a 'small' at the 4 last year. It's was a terrible gm decision. Some team is going to clean up getting Millsap and an asset to get him off Denver hands. Milsap can play but the fit isn't right

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I don't get why they got him. Jokic played so well with a 'small' at the 4 last year. It's was a terrible gm decision. Some team is going to clean up getting Millsap and an asset to get him off Denver hands. Milsap can play but the fit isn't right
    I think the idea is that Jokic would play a similar role as Horford and Millsap fit really well next to him. The problem is Horford is an excellent defender and Jokic is Kanter level bad. Millsap, who is a strong defender, is being paid for strengths that don’t fit with what Denver needs him for.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Embiid goes down, and Simmons elevates his play that much more. dude is super duper special.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-09-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Simmons is awesome. I would really love to see that team come out of the East this year.

Also, very glad to see my Jazz clinch a playoff spot. After starting 17-28 I never thought this was ever a possibility. If they win out they will be he #3 seed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Simmons is awesome. I would really love to see that team come out of the East this year.

Also, very glad to see my Jazz clinch a playoff spot. After starting 17-28 I never thought this was ever a possibility. If they win out they will be he #3 seed.
    OKC going to turn it on in the playoffs and beat everyone. It won't matter :)
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    The playoffs might actually be good this time around. Lots of intriguing teams that could make some noise and pull an upset as well.

Golden State is vulnerable right now and they need to get healthy if want to make a run. Houston has to be the favorite to win it all. Once again Cleveland gets a relative pass especially if they avoid Toronto until the ECF. Boston is a joke. Philly could be a fun team to watch in the playoffs and Indiana is playing very well right now too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-09-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    OKC going to turn it on in the playoffs and beat everyone. It won't matter :)
    Really strong chance it’s OKC v Utah in round one!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

thethe (04-10-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Really strong chance it’s OKC v Utah in round one!
    The only team OKC could have matched up with where they don't have a huge advantage at center.

Utah always plays us tough because they execute so well. Those teams give OKC fits because we are just a pickup game team.

Best of luck sir.
    Natural Immunity Croc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (04-10-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    The only team OKC could have matched up with where they don't have a huge advantage at center.

Utah always plays us tough because they execute so well. Those teams give OKC fits because we are just a pickup game team.

Best of luck sir.
    OKC is a horrible matchup for Utah. Adams is one of a few players that manages to bully Gobert and Westbrook is the exact type of player that blows up the Jazz defensive scheme (when he’s on).

I think OKC wins the series, but I think this one has seven games written all over it. Should be a lot of fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    OKC is a horrible matchup for Utah. Adams is one of a few players that manages to bully Gobert and Westbrook is the exact type of player that blows up the Jazz defensive scheme (when he’s on).

I think OKC wins the series, but I think this one has seven games written all over it. Should be a lot of fun!
    It would be a long series.

X-Factor is Jerami Grant. Dude made leaps and bounds this year. Stil has very little clue what do on defense but he can be a great weak side shot blocker and has surprising ability to finish at the rim off the PnR. Not sure how small OKC will go but they have had lineups this year of:

Grant
    Anthony
    George
    Abrines
    Westbrook

What would Utahs counter be for that? How is Goberts defense out at the 3 point line on the PnR this year?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    It would be a long series.

X-Factor is Jerami Grant. Dude made leaps and bounds this year. Stil has very little clue what do on defense but he can be a great weak side shot blocker and has surprising ability to finish at the rim off the PnR. Not sure how small OKC will go but they have had lineups this year of:

Grant
    Anthony
    George
    Abrines
    Westbrook

What would Utahs counter be for that? How is Goberts defense out at the 3 point line on the PnR this year?
    Utah's defense is predicated on Gobert's ability to defend two players at any given time, so that the Jazz can keep the weakside defender out towards to the three point line (I think... honestly I'm not that well versed in defensive strategy).

All I know is that the Jazz seem to do a good job of limiting points in the paint and three pointers. With Gobert on the floor they have been the best defense in the league by a mile. I'm way more concerned about our offense than defense

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Y’all talking best/worst playoff matchups and I’m here just hoping the Bulls can manage to lose to the Pistons tomorrow, while the Rockets rest starters, letting the Kings score one last meager win. Would love to hold onto seventh position in the lottery, but snatching sixth (and maybe Bamba) from the Kings would be even better.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Y’all talking best/worst playoff matchups and I’m here just hoping the Bulls can manage to lose to the Pistons tomorrow, while the Rockets rest starters, letting the Kings score one last meager win. Would love to hold onto seventh position in the lottery, but snatching sixth (and maybe Bamba) from the Kings would be even better.
    Bulls are so weird. I like a lot of their players but they never win games.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Bulls are so weird. I like a lot of their players but they never win games.
    They’ve actually won too many games this season. That scorching month from my boy Mirotic is going to cost them a top-five pick.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    They’ve actually won too many games this season. That scorching month from my boy Mirotic is going to cost them a top-five pick.
    Bobby Portis didn’t swing hard enough.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Did my boy Denzel Valentine do much? I know he had some good games earlier in the season, but it seemed like once Lavine and Dunn were healthy he lost some playing time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Did my boy Denzel Valentine do much? I know he had some good games earlier in the season, but it seemed like once Lavine and Dunn were healthy he lost some playing time.
    He’s 25 and plays like he’s 45. Decent 3PT% and good passing for the SF position but he’s has no athleticism or hops. Ceiling as a ninth or tenth man on a legit good team; probably the current Bulls’ sixth-best player (after Markannen, (gap), Dunn, Portis, Nwaba, and Lavine [in that order]—and I’m obvs not counting Robin Lopez since they quit playing him two months ago for the #tank).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Good luck chop