Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Utah even before getting Rubio might be better than Boston or Miami.
    With Hayward on their team, yes. It's all moot anyway now.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Which is pretty stupid, but clearly he cares for only getting paid and not winning. So just another greedy overpaid person who gets to play a game for a living.
    lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Sorry Chop - You guys were getting real close.
    I really didn't like the fact that my emotions were strung along all day and that I had to get kicked in the nuts twice so that the GH brand could write a Players Tribune blog. Oh well...

Hayward helped put the Jazz over the top. Now we aren't anymore and it's going to be about developing a few guys that underperformed last year (Favors, Burks, Exum, Hood).

Mostly I'm just tired of watching my teams (Braves and Jazz) rebuild

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I still think Utah is a decent team. They have a good coach and still some pieces that need to step up like chop2chip mentioned. One huge thing for Utah is staying healthy. Burks and Hood can't stay on the floor.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Sounds like Crowder will head back to Utah as part of a sign and trade. Very useful player on a reasonable contract. I'm sure the Celtics would have preferred to keep him, but one of Crowder, Smart, Bradley had to go to fit Hayward under the cap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-06-2017)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Im really interested in seeing what the Clippers do this year. I've always hated them because I dislike Chris Paul and Doc is an awful coach. That and Austin Rivers seems like a baby. But, they have assembled some talent I think despite losing Paul.

Teodosic is going to be a terrible defender, like maybe worst in the league but the dude can pass and will be entertaining to watch. Beverly gets after guys. I like Jawun Evans and was surprised he wasn't drafted higher, but he probably won't see any time.

The wings are pretty talented if they don't play Rivers much. I love Thornwell, but he may not have much upside. Dekker could become solid and Galinari is a pretty good player. Williams is the spark plug off the bench. Then Blake/Jordan down low plus Harrell, who played much better than people realized last year.

I like Brice Johnson coming out of college, but he may not do much. Also liked Liggins.

I think they are going to be better than people realize, though it will be tough in that Conference.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Im really interested in seeing what the Clippers do this year. I've always hated them because I dislike Chris Paul and Doc is an awful coach. That and Austin Rivers seems like a baby. But, they have assembled some talent I think despite losing Paul.

Teodosic is going to be a terrible defender, like maybe worst in the league but the dude can pass and will be entertaining to watch. Beverly gets after guys. I like Jawun Evans and was surprised he wasn't drafted higher, but he probably won't see any time.

The wings are pretty talented if they don't play Rivers much. I love Thornwell, but he may not have much upside. Dekker could become solid and Galinari is a pretty good player. Williams is the spark plug off the bench. Then Blake/Jordan down low plus Harrell, who played much better than people realized last year.

I like Brice Johnson coming out of college, but he may not do much. Also liked Liggins.

I think they are going to be better than people realize, though it will be tough in that Conference.
    If Blake is healthy, there is a scenario where I think they could be better than they were last year. They've had a fantastic offseason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    The New York Knicks and Houston Rockets are working on multiple trade scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony, including some that include four teams, sources have told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Both sides are motivated to make a trade, but no agreement is imminent, sources told Wojnarowski.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    The New York Knicks and Houston Rockets are working on multiple trade scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony, including some that include four teams, sources have told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Both sides are motivated to make a trade, but no agreement is imminent, sources told Wojnarowski.
    Think initially it was a three way deal being floated around. Knicks obviously want something in return for LaLa. Houston only has presumably late round draft picks and maybe Ryan Anderson to trade, but his salary is gross. It would get very complicated very quickly I imagine. I give Daryl Morey credit for trying to go for it and defy all odds of beating the Super Human Warriors, but let's say they get Carmelo. That's three ball dominant players trying to figure it out in a hurry. I can't see that working.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    If Blake is healthy, there is a scenario where I think they could be better than they were last year. They've had a fantastic offseason.
    That's their biggest obstacle (besides, obviously, Golden State's imperium): they really need two players with troubling histories of injury issues (both Griffin and Gallinari) to play all year (and play very well). I'd be more worried about getting a full season out of the latter.
    Last edited by jpx7; 09-30-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Now Kyrie wants out.

Gotta love the NBA soap opera.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Kyrie is a moron.

Not just cause he's a flat earther, but he lost his best opportunity to go to Boston.

Cleveland could be a much better team right now for this trade. Boston traded their top 2 players and their top prospect and the top pick in the next draft. Irving is great, but not worth all that.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Sam Presti is good at GMing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Your position sure seems to have changed regarding Melo.

The Thunder have had a tremendous offseason. It's also possible (likely?) everyone is gone in the next two years too. Makes sense to go all in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Your position sure seems to have changed regarding Melo.

The Thunder have had a tremendous offseason. It's also possible (likely?) everyone is gone in the next two years too. Makes sense to go all in.
    I don't like Melo at all. We gave up nothing. We gave up no serious part of our future. Its only money at this point.

My opinion has changed significantly on Kanter. He was not a good player. Defense never improved significantly.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    ^
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    ^
    He's had a really great summer considering how poor a job he did the previous two summers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    I still find that Paul George trade shocking...that was a gift

The Melo trade is very low risk, really no reason not to take a shot as the team pre-Melo was no match for GSW. I like the trade for the Knicks, too, who get a valuable 2nd rounder (assuming Bulls could be in running for worst record in NBA), and a chance at a clean slate with no long term commitments. Of course, that doesn’t stop ESPN from giving them a “D” for the trade.
    Last edited by acesfull86; 09-30-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    He's had a really great summer considering how poor a job he did the previous two summers.
    If KD had stayed the starting lineup would have been Adams/Horford/KD/Oladipo/Westbrook. They would have been the best team in the league. KD made a decision to do otherwise. That was not on Presti.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    If KD had stayed the starting lineup would have been Adams/Horford/KD/Oladipo/Westbrook. They would have been the best team in the league. KD made a decision to do otherwise. That was not on Presti.
    He gave Kanter $70 million and Oladipo $80 million which are both awful contracts. Not to mention giving Kyle Singler that contract. I don't see how you can point to those offseasons objectively and be happy with the process or the results.

It speaks volumes to how amazing this offseason was considering he great returns for players that weren't really valuable.