Thread: Will the front office have the cajones to not panic?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

Will the front office have the cajones to not panic?

For the most part I really like what the FO has done; I thought the rebuild was overdue and needed and the minors are stacked like hay bales in Wisconsin right now; so that's awesome.

However, looking straight in the face of what could be one of the historically bad team MLB has ever seen - especially after some of the moronic comments they made in the off-season about 'being better' this year; do they have the stones to not panic?

Already hearing rumblings from DOB (granted consider the source) that Albies or Swanson could come up this year is terrifying frankly. To rush their development and start their clocks during this season would be incredibly short-sighted.

I hate what they're doing with Gant...... use him in the bullpen to start the year, send him down to get stretched out and then bring him back up to be a long-reliever? Why? Just use Williams Perez or Casey Kelly in that role, Gant might actually have a future as a starter (I think he does), why are you yo-yoing him between roles in a desperate attempt to patch a bullpen in a season that's completely lost??? Makes me question if this front office has the intelligence and vision to see this through.

Also, Coppy has to tell Fredi - its not about this year, sorry you're a lame-duck manager, but you need to play Mallex just about every day - we need to see what he is; you need to let the young pitchers go deep into games. If you can't do that; we will find someone who can.

We can get a lot out of this year, Blair/Wisler and potentially Gant/Jenkins/Folty will all get a chance in the rotation, we should end this year having a good idea of what Mallex is at the MLB level, we should have the #1 draft pick, the minor should keep progressing. That's what this season is about. Embrace it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Preacher For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (04-28-2016), nsacpi (04-28-2016)