Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting rotation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Barring trades and injuries, here's how the rotation hierarchy looks to me at the moment. The Chacin trade has added to my belief that the Braves are anxious (maybe too anxious) to see if any from that middle group can graduate to the top group. Helps them to answer a few key 2017 questions: (1) Is there enough depth to trade Teheran?, (2) Will it be imperative to acquire a veteran mid-rotation SP?, (3) Is there enough depth to trade MLB-ready SPs for positional players?.

2017 Rotation Spot Locked Down (3): Teheran, Wisler, Blair

In Competition for 2017 OD Rotation (6): Foltynewicz, Gant, Jenkins, Sims, Perez, Banuelos

Ready for MLB During 2017 Season (5): Ellis, Newcomb, Whalen, Povse, Barker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    If the return is good enough I'm open to trading any player. It really has to do mainly with value. The only position where I would compromise on value slightly this off-season is catcher, where we have both a short-term and long-term need. If we can find a good catcher I'm willing to slightly overpay.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    If the return is good enough I'm open to trading any player. It really has to do mainly with value. The only position where I would compromise on value slightly this off-season is catcher, where we have both a short-term and long-term need. If we can find a good catcher I'm willing to slightly overpay.
    Why do that when we have AJ?

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    They'll get a vet starter for 2017 to help mentor the kids and try to sell tickets at the new digs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Agreed. Would prefer we don't make a trade that hurts us in 2017, but would be open to trading for low-minors players if we end up winning the trade by a wide enough margin. I think we're in a position where a trade from SP depth is likely, whether it's a big move like Teheran or a small move like Banuelos / Jenkins.