Thread: Gordon beckham

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts

Gordon beckham

.303/.410/.423

Small sample, I know, but is he becoming a potential trade piece?

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    .303/.410/.423

Maybe we could flip him for, say, Eve McCreery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (05-13-2016)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    .303/.410/.423

I would think all vet scrap heaps on our club are trade potential. Someone has to find a reason to get AJP off our hands right?
    Forever Fredi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-14-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    It's a very small sample size, so who knows how the season continues for him. But for right now, I'd just as soon see him as the #1 guy on 3B. That way he builds any trade value he might have while likely being our best 3B. Playing our best guys seems to be an odd concept for the front office and Fredi, but Beckham should be playing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (05-13-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    It's a very small sample size, so who knows how the season continues for him. But for right now, I'd just as soon see him as the #1 guy on 3B. That way he builds any trade value he might have while likely being our best 3B. Playing our best guys seems to be an odd concept for the front office and Fredi, but Beckham should be playing.
    as should Flowers and KJ... the fascination with always loading a lineup is horribly dumb. play your best players and use the lessor ones to pinch hit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (05-13-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    as should Flowers and KJ... the fascination with always loading a lineup is horribly dumb. play your best players and use the lessor ones to pinch hit.
    I think it's especially true when the guys that are logging starts instead of those guys probably don't figure into the team's long term plans. It would be different if we were throwing guys out there in hopes that they will develop into something. Something must be seriously wrong with Jace Peterson. I can see giving Castro a start or two per week at any of the IF positions, but that should be the only deviation at this point.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I think it's especially true when the guys that are logging starts instead of those guys probably don't figure into the team's long term plans. It would be different if we were throwing guys out there in hopes that they will develop into something. Something must be seriously wrong with Jace Peterson. I can see giving Castro a start or two per week at any of the IF positions, but that should be the only deviation at this point.

that and Frenchy getting an occasional start in the OF.. maybe 1 or 2 a week... This righty lefty crap just pisses me off.. I would also like to see AJ just catch Wisler and Perez.. Let Flowers catch Blair/JT/Folty.. let them work together and get a feel for each other and not this one start he catches me.. the next this guy catches me..

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I would think all vet scrap heaps on our club are trade potential. Someone has to find a reason to get AJP off our hands right?

That's a big issue though. All the trash that makes up this roster is just that...trash. You can't always expect to trade some bad player away. Besides its not like the return on a player like Beckham is going to be worth anything. We know how tbis goes by now anyway. Braves get some prospect from a team who all of a sudden has all this potential. People here will orgasm over our far system because every single one of the farmhands are overrated by people here.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    that and Frenchy getting an occasional start in the OF.. maybe 1 or 2 a week... This righty lefty crap just pisses me off.. I would also like to see AJ just catch Wisler and Perez.. Let Flowers catch Blair/JT/Folty.. let them work together and get a feel for each other and not this one start he catches me.. the next this guy catches me..
    I don't mind platoons, but the uber-platooning borders on the ridiculous because there's really nothing that warrants it given the guys that are being platooned. Bobby Cox was the king of platooning when he was in Toronto, but the way Fredi does it is pretty ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Yeah, does Aj give us that much of an advantage vs a rhp that we put up with his subpar catching/framing? I think not

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    .303/.410/.423

I'm sure someone will need a utility guy for the bench. I wouldn't expect him to bring back anything more than a Whalen type by himself though. Too bad the Braves don't have a back end starting pitcher to pair with him to maybe get a decent return for the package.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think if he keeps playing we're going to discover that he's, well, Gordon Beckham, but right now I appreciate anything that looks like competence.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (05-13-2016), Dalyn (05-13-2016), JohnAdcox (05-14-2016), jpx7 (05-13-2016), nsacpi (05-13-2016)

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    .303/.410/.423

we got stuff out of kj last year. so yeah