Thread: This could make me very sad

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

This could make me very sad

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36273488

I'm sorry, I shouldn't care about this prating fool who got his ass beat by someone smaller and younger than him and former wannabe Dirty Harry. He's obviously ****ed in the head. But this has the potential to crush some of what I believe makes America great, the fact that even if we disagree, we're still decent people. ANyone willing to spend 5K or more to buy a gun because it was used to kill Trayvon Martin is a deranged individual. They are not decent people. They're the scum of the earth and I hope they realize that when they bid, they're doing something truly depraved.

Realize that in 20 years no one will care about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman, as no one cares about the massive number of killers and killed of non-celebrity importance. Anyone bidding on this thinking it will actually be worth something in 20 or 30 years is almost certainly wrong. They're bidding on this because they want a gun that killed someone they don't know but feel like deserved to die, and that is disgusting.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36273488

I'm sorry, I shouldn't care about this prating fool who got his ass beat by someone smaller and younger than him and former wannabe Dirty Harry. He's obviously ****ed in the head. But this has the potential to crush some of what I believe makes America great, the fact that even if we disagree, we're still decent people. ANyone willing to spend 5K or more to buy a gun because it was used to kill Trayvon Martin is a deranged individual. They are not decent people. They're the scum of the earth and I hope they realize that when they bid, they're doing something truly depraved.

Realize that in 20 years no one will care about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman, as no one cares about the massive number of killers and killed of non-celebrity importance. Anyone bidding on this thinking it will actually be worth something in 20 or 30 years is almost certainly wrong. They're bidding on this because they want a gun that killed someone they don't know but feel like deserved to die, and that is disgusting.
    And remember how many people on this very board took "the party line" in defending this cowardly piece of chicken shi-ite when this happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    And remember how many people on this very board took "the party line" in defending this cowardly piece of chicken shi-ite when this happened?
    Listen, I don't care in believing in due process, or having issues disseminating the truth from lies (and I'm not talking about one side or the other here, just talking) but this is depraved and deplorable. I'm not willing to give up hope, because for me it could easily be restored if no one bids and this asshole is stuck with the gun he clearly doesn't want because it probably haunts him at night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    And were right to defend him since he was actually innocent? Every defense of the guy that I remember included the caveat that he is a jerk and a weirdo, but that didn't make him a murderer and the facts bared that out.
    thank you weso1!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    And were right to defend him since he was actually innocent? Every defense of the guy that I remember included the caveat that he is a jerk and a weirdo, but that didn't make him a murderer and the facts bared that out.
    That's really what Zito is uptight about. He's mad that Zimmerman got off on self defense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    That's really what Zito is uptight about. He's mad that Zimmerman got off on self defense.
    No, but if that helps you sleep at night, knock yourself out. I'm guessing you want to own this piece of racist history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Except that the facts were largely not facts which is why the trial went that way as it basically came down to hearsay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Except that the facts were largely not facts which is why the trial went that way as it basically came down to hearsay.
    There were facts in the case and led to him being found not guilty by a jury who pondered over those facts. He was guilty of being an asshole though and that continues to this day. Either way this story should never have been national news and I should never have even known about it.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Really ------- vigilante renta cop (Caucasian) shoots kid (AA) for walking down the street --- you don't want to know about it ?

I hate to judge but ...
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I hate to judge but ...
    You do?
    thank you weso1!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-12-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    yes I do.

I have opinions that I am not afraid to speak and think them right . I do try not to judge people that disagree with those opinions.
    This instance really --- really make sit hard

You and I disagree on an awful lot of things. Have I ever thrown insult or judgmental aspersions your way?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    If that's how you feel, fine but when is it self defense to appoint yourself to a position of authority, carry a gun "just in case", see a kid who isn't the color you prefer and who is dressed in a way you don't care for, provoke a physical conflict with said you, start to get your ass kicked, then shoot the kid and claim "self defense"? Stand your ground does not now nor ever has meant picking up your ground, running around in front of another person, start a fight get beat up then kill the person who's on top of you and your ground and call it self defense. The fact that another POS Al Sharpton was there withing nanoseconds after the killing trying to make political and probably monetary gain from said event was really what steered this crime into the left vs right tragedy on top of another tragedy that it became.

Oh and according to the definition of murder this wasn't murder but it certainly was something that should have landed that POS in jail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    . The fact that another POS Al Sharpton was there withing nanoseconds after the killing trying to make political and probably monetary gain from said event was really what steered this crime into the left vs right tragedy on top of another tragedy that it became.
    BS Hawk -- Sharpton put this on the TV and brought a spotlight and national attention to this malignancy.
    Got your attention

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    If that's how you feel, fine but when is it self defense to appoint yourself to a position of authority, carry a gun "just in case", see a kid who isn't the color you prefer and who is dressed in a way you don't care for, provoke a physical conflict with said you, start to get your ass kicked, then shoot the kid and claim "self defense"? Stand your ground does not now nor ever has meant picking up your ground, running around in front of another person, start a fight get beat up then kill the person who's on top of you and your ground and call it self defense. The fact that another POS Al Sharpton was there withing nanoseconds after the killing trying to make political and probably monetary gain from said event was really what steered this crime into the left vs right tragedy on top of another tragedy that it became.

Oh and according to the definition of murder this wasn't murder but it certainly was something that should have landed that POS in jail.
    So you think he should have been in jail because of feels?
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    yes I do.

I have opinions that I am not afraid to speak and think them right . I do try not to judge people that disagree with those opinions.
    This instance really --- really make sit hard

You and I disagree on an awful lot of things. Have I ever thrown insult or judgmental aspersions your way?
    You've implied that I'm a racist bigoted homophobe many times in the past. As a leftist many of your arguments are centered around the idea that the people you disagree with are racist bigoted homophobes without evidence. It's a very judgemental style. Trying to pretend you don't do that is pretty dishonest.
    thank you weso1!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (05-12-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    So you think he should have been in jail because of feels?
    Do you really think that? I think he should be in jail because he started/created a situation of violence, a situation that did not exist before he entered the scene, would not have happened had he not acted in the manner he did, after he had been advised by cops to "stand down", instigates a physical confrontation, it didn't go his way and he shot a kid, a kid who should still be alive today. According to what I'm hearing from you (and correct me if I'm wrong) I can see you on the street, chase you down, get in your face and instigate a physical conflict with you, then when you start to kick my ass I can shoot you to death and claim self defense, as I was just "standing my ground". Is this close?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    BS Hawk -- Sharpton put this on the TV and brought a spotlight and national attention to this malignancy.
    Got your attention
    Sharpton, or I sometimes hear him called, the black Mike Huckabee, is a media whore who makes an economic killing (no pun intended) by being essentially an "ambulance chaser". Sure he brings attention to things, sometimes even things that need attention but I guess the main difference here is that you see him as a crusader for justice, I see him as a crusader for contributions and attention, just like Jesse.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    He's an asshole and their is no dispute of that. And he shouldn't have followed Martin. But, if he did not initiate physical contact with Martin, he has every right to defend himself when getting the **** beat out of him.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Do you really think that? I think he should be in jail because he started/created a situation of violence, a situation that did not exist before he entered the scene, would not have happened had he not acted in the manner he did, after he had been advised by cops to "stand down", instigates a physical confrontation, it didn't go his way and he shot a kid, a kid who should still be alive today. According to what I'm hearing from you (and correct me if I'm wrong) I can see you on the street, chase you down, get in your face and instigate a physical conflict with you, then when you start to kick my ass I can shoot you to death and claim self defense, as I was just "standing my ground". Is this close?
    I think your recollection of the case is off. I don't believe there was ever any evidence that Zimmerman instigated a physical confrontation and that was a large part of the case.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    He's an asshole and their is no dispute of that. And he shouldn't have followed Martin. But, if he did not initiate physical contact with Martin, he has every right to defend himself when getting the **** beat out of him.
    Think about the entire connotations of what you just said, he's an asshole, he was told by police NOT to do the stuff he was doing, he did it anyway. So I can start a fight with you, and when you start kicking my ass I can shoot you and I'm in the right???