Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is becoming absurd

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts

This is becoming absurd

What the hell are we doing in this country?

LINK: Claims by transgender schoolteacher (who wants to be called ‘they’) yield $60,000 settlement, agreement to create disciplinary rules regulating ‘pronoun usage’

"But Soell’s complaint alleged that failure to use the terms was “harassment” and discrimination, which is forbidden in privately owned workplaces as well as governmental ones. The New York City guidance likewise applies to such privately owned workplaces. And when the government is acting as sovereign, telling us what we must or must not say on pain of coercively imposed legal liability, the First Amendment is at full force. That force, I think, should preclude government commands that we start using new words — or radical grammatical modifications of old, familiar words — that convey government-favored messages about gender identity or anything else."

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    What the hell are we doing in this country?

LINK: Claims by transgender schoolteacher (who wants to be called ‘they’) yield $60,000 settlement, agreement to create disciplinary rules regulating ‘pronoun usage’

"But Soell’s complaint alleged that failure to use the terms was “harassment” and discrimination, which is forbidden in privately owned workplaces as well as governmental ones. The New York City guidance likewise applies to such privately owned workplaces. And when the government is acting as sovereign, telling us what we must or must not say on pain of coercively imposed legal liability, the First Amendment is at full force. That force, I think, should preclude government commands that we start using new words — or radical grammatical modifications of old, familiar words — that convey government-favored messages about gender identity or anything else."
    Seems to me that "it" would be more appropriate than "they"..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrShwag For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (05-29-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    Seems to me that "it" would be more appropriate than "they"..
    Perhaps "it's" possessed. You know just sayin'

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    if you think you are teddy roosevelt - mental hospital

if you think you are a dolphin - mental hospital

if you think you are a woman - you are suddenly a hero and a mentor to today's society

it's a mental disorder, it's so obviously a mental disorder, but once again the enemies of freedom and justice in the world, the liberal left, is more concerned with touting their smugness than getting these people the mental help they so desperately need. it's a tragedy really.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post

if you think you are a woman - you are suddenly a hero and a mentor to today's society
    are you taking requests?

if so, do religion next
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

it's a mental disorder, it's so obviously a mental disorder, but once again the enemies of freedom and justice in the world, the liberal left, is more concerned with touting their smugness than getting these people the mental help they so desperately need. it's a tragedy really.

That's why suicide is so prevalent in transgenders. It's not that their bullied it's that their brain is already messed up to begin with. Catelynn Jenner regent his sex change and he wants to go back to being a man.

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    That's why suicide is so prevalent in transgenders. It's not that their bullied it's that their brain is already messed up to begin with. Catelynn Jenner regent his sex change and he wants to go back to being a man.
    Um no let me tell you why someone who wants to cut off his dick is totes sane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    I am fine with calling people the name they prefer, but only if they are willing to do the same for me. It can go by "they" and I will go by "batman".
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keithlaw View Post
    Um no let me tell you why someone who wants to cut off his dick is totes sane
    i find someone who goes and works in an office cube doing a job that is honestly pointless and hope for 7 to 14 days of vacation they don't even take cause they are scared they might get fired if they do and lose their "benefits" and do that their whole life to be totally insane

all depends on the perspective
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I am fine with calling people the name they prefer, but only if they are willing to do the same for me. It can go by "they" and I will go by "batman".
    you can go by batman

you can also dress as batman if you want

you are a grown person (i am guessing)

no one is stopping you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    lol, that's great!

like Charlie Brown wanting to be called "FLASH"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    you can go by batman

no one is stopping you
    absolutely true, and as an american I think you have the right to be as nutty as you want. HOWEVER, there isn't an entire group of people chastising and preaching at the other because we refuse to call someone batman. If someone wants to live as a woman, I gots no problem with it, but when you tell my I am required to find it normal,acceptable and even "heroic" or else I am a terrible monster "like hitler" then you are being a dogmatist and i should be able to punch you in the face with a baby holding a kitten, on fire and crapping ghost pepper sauce.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bravos4evr For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-30-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    absolutely true, and as an american I think you have the right to be as nutty as you want. HOWEVER, there isn't an entire group of people chastising and preaching at the other because we refuse to call someone batman. If someone wants to live as a woman, I gots no problem with it, but when you tell my I am required to find it normal,acceptable and even "heroic" or else I am a terrible monster "like hitler" then you are being a dogmatist and i should be able to punch you in the face with a baby holding a kitten, on fire and crapping ghost pepper sauce.
    before i get to this post

were you taking requests cause i was curious how this viewpoint might change by changing it to religion

i'm going to watch Game of Thrones so you got a little while if you were taking requests

if not, so be it

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    you can go by batman

no one is stopping you
    Can I win a court case if people refuse to refer to me how I demand they do?

The fact that you're defending this garbage is hilarious

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (05-31-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    before i get to this post

were you taking requests cause i was curious how this viewpoint might change by changing it to religion

i'm going to watch Game of Thrones so you got a little while if you were taking requests

if not, so be it
    religion is the exact same thing. you are free to have one, believe wtvr god or gods you want, go to your churches, practice your rituals and if someone tries to stop you I would defend your right to do so, HOWEVER, if you suddenly think that your religious rites and beliefs should dictate policy to the rest of us, then we have a problem.

it really is the same thing. religion for the right, social justice tyranny on the left. two dogmatic belief systems unable to deal with rational thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Can I win a court case if people refuse to refer to me how I demand they do?

The fact that you're defending this garbage is hilarious
    I identify as a dolphin, in particular a hector's dolphin and as such I demand to be called a dolphin,be provided with free land , accommodations and beachfront as merits an endangered species. I also demand my own bathroom in all public spaces.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bravos4evr For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (05-31-2016)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    are you taking requests?

if so, do religion next
    And evolution after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    evolution is different, it is a scientific certainty with piles of evidence backing it up. religion and social justice stuff is all opinions and rights and other socio-political thins that can be debated. debating evolution is like debating gravity. sure you can quibble about minutiae, but the fundamental principle is solid.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    We got a poster here making an early case for Rookie of the Year and we're only in May.
    Forever Fredi

24. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Fredi Gonzalez (05-30-2016)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    evolution is different, it is a scientific certainty with piles of evidence backing it up. religion and social justice stuff is all opinions and rights and other socio-political thins that can be debated. debating evolution is like debating gravity. sure you can quibble about minutiae, but the fundamental principle is solid.
    Yet, still a theory.