Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black on Black violence - Where is the uproar?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Black on Black violence - Where is the uproar?

Being preaching this for 13 years on this board about this, still nothing resolved but gotten worse. And gun laws will not have prevented this.

As some of you on Facebook saw my grandma's picture, I went to the funeral this last weekend. I love Chicago, great food, the atmosphere, but what I don't like is every night hearing gunshots and then the ambulances/police each night. We even got shot at. It sound like a firecracker to a M80 on the scale and it was rapid. The police think it was scaring gun fire as a warning shots, no holes but shells. Seeing my cousin run towards us the others who live in the city told me to go inside and take the kids to safety. I ask them if this is normal and why doesn't the police come around. Only reply I got is when there is only shooting, they don't patrol. I am thinking wow and excited at the same time to see how people react to something like that.

Well the article hit on what happened to my cousin. She got into a fight over a guy, well she didn't start it or finished it as they were targeting her. She already lost her sister, the one I mentioned on here months ago and she too was in a relationship with a guy and now he is in jail and probably will receive life in prison.

I had to ask my cousins about this after the 3rd night, does anyone say anything to address this issue. All I got was laughs and the answer they gave me was...we are on our own in this. So knowing me, I ask about Obama, Jackson, Sharpton and I got hard stares. Struck a nerve but they were nice in their response. They were hoping someone in black leadership would do something but since nothing has been done since Dr. King and Mr. Farrahkhan is someone they do not trust we have a severe void in leadership.

So, I was right in my assessment, we will continue to have problems and no one is going to address them. They rather (Obama and others) keep us ignorant and to turn on each other and not address the problem because as long as there is a problem, they are relevant.

If you read the issues we have in Illinois, it is a carbon copy of what is happening to blacks. As long as there are problems with the Democrat controlled state, they want a Rep Governor so they can blame everything on him/them and do not fix the issue. The citizens of Chicago are fed up with them but I just why keep voting for the same thing.

It is what it is regardless of the situation.

Sad when you vote the same way regardless if they can or can't help you. Victims of the 1964 passage passed down generation to generation. We gained on some things but it bred/replaced a lot of bad things along with it.

Listening to the pastor talk about my grandmother brought tears to my eyes seeing how blacks back in the 40's and 50's were strong families, 10 to 15 kids apiece but somehow in the 70's they lost their way and subsequent generation getting worse. He preached about single parenting and dads not being around. Some of my cousins have kids out of wedlock but thankfully their grandmorther or my mom would take the kids in or help with their kids. Some of the black race is not as fortunate and that is who needs to be targeted.

What can be done to solve this? Well throwing gas on the fire and enabling this is not going to help. The Republicans can and the black Conservatives (Christians/Baptist and Methodists) can do a lot by promising something to keep families together but I don't think the Democrats in power will allow it just like the stonewalling they are doing in Chicago and the state of Illinois now.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    AA, you can't 'fix' it. You'll never get people to give their guns up, get a job or be a good husband/father. A decent percent of whites in Appalachia are the same way only they are stuck on meth instead of the 'thug' culture.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    AA, you can't 'fix' it. You'll never get people to give their guns up, get a job or be a good husband/father. A decent percent of whites in Appalachia are the same way only they are stuck on meth instead of the 'thug' culture.
    It's a hell of a lot more than a "decent percent" of whites and in a lot more places than Appalachia, though I can vouch for your overall description. My daughter worked for the DHS in SE Oklahoma for a little over a year and she told me stories that you guys would not believe and I know many of y'all are as cynical as I am. People in general have gotten "pretty damn effing sorry" in very significant numbers and it crosses all racial, ethnic, geographic, political, and socioeconomic lines. In fact I'm to a point where I am surprised when I see someone go out of their way to be the kind of person I used to believe most people are.

The man upstairs still shows me though sometimes, just to shock me I guess. About a month ago the wife and I had a blowout just after we got off the Interstate over in AR coming home. I pulled over and got out and looked at it and started trying to figure out where the jack, etc., was since this is a new vehicle (to us anyway) and the tires were still in excellent shape (other than these new gaping holes in this one). Well before I had even found everything two people stopped, coming from each direction and offered to help. Both were about as "hick" as you can get but both seemed sincerely nice and caring. It still didn't make me appreciate having to drive almost 3 1/2 hours on a donut but it did make me appreciate that there are still good people out there and let's face it, you aren't going to find them when everything is rosy, you're only going to find them when you've just had "that blowout" in life. I just hope all of us always have one or two of them waiting in the wings somewhere, so to speak.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Hawk (06-04-2016)

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    my instinct is to ask where you keep your ten foot pole on this subject, BUT. Interesting facts about post civil rights act: the % of black owned business declined, violent crime increased, % of single parent homes increased and % of incarcerated blacks increased. It's odd, but it seems like the law, while laden with good intentions, had a detrimental impact in the black community.

IMO, the constitution protects terrible people to and as such I think private business owners who do not do govt contracts should be able to hire and serve anyone they want. Of course they would have to face the consequences of their choices (protests, bad reputation leading to closure...etc) but I think that private business should be private.

Govt on the other hand, govt should never be allowed to discriminate against any citizen for any reason that is related to race, religion or wtvr.

EDITED TO ADD: now, one could argue that the act isn't to blame as much as the advent of entitlements that made poor blacks basically dependent on the govt. However, black culture kinda turned it's back on their own locally owned businesses which closed in record numbers between 1964 and the mid 70's which didn't help their independence and led to more crime, more govt reliance and thus more poverty.
    Last edited by bravos4evr; 06-03-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/06/...e-automobiles/

Interesting when Chicago was brought up......I was part of that survey of getting shot at and I was minding my own business..... my cousin, not so much, she started it by beating some ho down and they brought back reinforcements with weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "As some of you on Facebook saw my grandma's picture, I went to the funeral this last weekend. I love Chicago, great food, the atmosphere, but what I don't like is every night hearing gunshots and then the ambulances/police each night. We even got shot at. It sound like a firecracker to a M80 on the scale and it was rapid. The police think it was scaring gun fire as a warning shots, no holes but shells. Seeing my cousin run towards us the others who live in the city told me to go inside and take the kids to safety. I ask them if this is normal and why doesn't the police come around. Only reply I got is when there is only shooting, they don't patrol. I am thinking wow and excited at the same time to see how people react to something like that."

Sorry bout your Grandmother

Suppose we regulated the weapons manufacturers and drastically limited the availability or not only the guns but the bullets.
    It might take a generation ...

The common denominator in all of these stories is "shooting "
    Why not try getting the guns out of our society. Tried everything else - used every other excuse -- yet keep hearing the same old story.
    Plain as the nose on your face
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Suppose we regulated the weapons manufacturers and drastically limited the availability or not only the guns but the bullets.
    A- we have a constitutional amendment that provides for the right to own firearms

B- no evidence exists that show regulation lowers gun violence in the USA, in fact, it shows the opposite

C- why are people so lazy that they want to get rid of guns used by bad people by punishing all the law abiding gun owners instead of, you know, actually dealing with the source of the effing problem? illegal drugs, lazy parents and crappy inner city schools (which are often because of 1 and 2 of my list here)

you make guns illegal, suddenly you give the Mexican cartels ANOTHER business to expand into. You increase organized crime, take guns out of the hands of the citizenry and put them only in the hands of the criminals and the police. great plan!!! *rolls eyes*

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bravos4evr For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-07-2016), FreemanFan (06-27-2016), Garmel (06-06-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you forgot mental illness and video games.
    Otherwise, that was adorable
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I'm in downtown Chicago right now and nobody has yet tried to shoot me.

oh and 57 is a moron

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-06-2016)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

oh and 57 is a moron

Wrong Color.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Wrong Color.
    Krg gets it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

oh and 57 is a moron
    Come out to the west or city south side, only rich blacks with posse hangs downtown.

They won't shoot a whitey, but you might have to give up your wallet and heaven forbid your car.

They will rob me as well and if you have a lot of money on you, do not flash it, even at a snack stand because they have people that watch you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

When blacks get off the Democrat free milk producing teat, it might happen, but I won't hold my breath.

The common denominator in all of these stories is "shooting "
    Why not try getting the guns out of our society. Tried everything else - used every other excuse -- yet keep hearing the same old story.
    Plain as the nose on your face[/QUOTE]

Good luck whitey going into a black neighborhood, filled with violent felons, and tell them to give up their guns that were bought illegally. The police aren't that stupid.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    AA, there are simple ways that gun violence can be drastically reduced in Inner city Chicago. I can get it done in a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    AA, there are simple ways that gun violence can be drastically reduced in Inner city Chicago. I can get it done in a month.
    1. Money for guns? THey will take your money, give you their guns, wait a week and then buy them again from a cartel Mexican or other.
    2. Take an army in there with tanks? They are like cockroaches man, shoot one, three more will come.
    3. Police....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I think I saw one cop car the weekend I was there patrolling, actually he was protecting a block party, which is kind of cool.

One big thing I'd noticed, more speed bumps, because the streets that don't have them, they are doing 60 easily with children around.

The food, OMG, it is so awesome. If I lived in Chicago I would easily weigh in the 300's, instead of the 230 now.

I ate a lot of Popeyes, lot of Gyros, light of Italian beef and RIBS RIBS and more RIBS. White Castle SUCKED.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Why am I sensing a "Hiroshima Solution" in the near future?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Why am I sensing a "Hiroshima Solution" in the near future?

Nah. I'd just call up the guard and have them frisk everyone in the troubled areas. Put up checkpoints and have everyone searched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    The root cause of this is is the over criminilization of people. Its not a war on drugs its a war on people. All this disproportionally affects the poor and more specifically poor black people. What we need are cops who are there to actually serve and protect and not just looking for any reason they can victimize someone for breaking a victimless crime. I hear Chicago doesnt have enough money to fund their schools but they got enough money to lock someone up for smoking a joint. Prison is a mental illness factory and while someone people need to be there we are creating a mental health epidemic by putting innocent people in prison. Due to the high amount of drug cases there i a severe shortage of public defenders who almost always try to steer you to taking a plea deal. We have corrupt judges who will throw you in jail for challenging their power by informing people to their right to jury nullification. We as a society almost instantly judge a person guilty before they get a trial isnt helping either.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    THey will take your money, give you their guns, wait a week and then buy them again from the police they sold them to
    bolding mine

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Nah. I'd just call up the guard and have them frisk everyone in the troubled areas. Put up checkpoints and have everyone searched.
    I think that would work as well as anything, but I think some of the people in these "hoods" are such hard core psychopaths that it wouldn't be long before you started having high body counts among the guardsmen, and when they start to shoot back you'd start to have high body counts among the decent people who live in those areas and you know the poopstorm that would lead to. It may well come to that one day, I don't know, but there's a reason why those hard core types live in and try to control those areas, because they're areas nobody who matters cares about, otherwise something would have been done sooner.

Oh and to sort of agree and disagree with cajun, I don't think that people are "over criminalization" of people, I just think it's the "over criminalization of the wrong people. There are too many people in jail who didn't really do much of anything wrong and way too few people in jail who really really really need to be there. Of course that's just my opinion.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-08-2016)