Thread: Swanson In, Albies Out

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Swanson In, Albies Out

Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    McGriff to be 1B Coach for the American team.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (06-28-2016), JohnAdcox (06-29-2016), Knucksie (06-28-2016), The Chosen One (06-28-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    It has to be at least slightly concerning that 50 players made up these 2 rosters, and the Braves only placed 1 guy total in the game. They have focused on acquiring pitching prospects, and none of them are on these teams.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Coach_Chris (06-29-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    It has to be at least slightly concerning that 50 players made up these 2 rosters, and the Braves only placed 1 guy total in the game. They have focused on acquiring pitching prospects, and none of them are on these teams.
    Not concerning. But yes, no one in my opinion deserved to be on the team. I can see the case for Swanson, but I don't think he has been lights out. Our minor leaguers have been shakey at times and some are starting to come around. I am not worried at this point, most of our elite pitching is in lower levels. Newcomb and Sims are the two that need to start showing stuff. (Blair, Ellis, Gant, Whalen, Jenkins are all MOR or BP pieces)..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Not concerning. But yes, no one in my opinion deserved to be on the team. I can see the case for Swanson, but I don't think he has been lights out. Our minor leaguers have been shakey at times and some are starting to come around. I am not worried at this point, most of our elite pitching is in lower levels. Newcomb and Sims are the two that need to start showing stuff. (Blair, Ellis, Gant, Whalen, Jenkins are all MOR or BP pieces)..
    It's not like these teams are made up of guys shredding the minors. They're just generally good prospects, a lot of top guys and some that aren't.

I agree, though, it doesn't concern me that we only have 1 guy on the rosters. Albies likely didn't go just because he went last year, and again, it's not like this is the top 50 prospects in baseball.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

clvclv (06-29-2016)