Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Reports: Two Dallas Police Officers Shot During Protests

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,824 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    To working mothers expanded day care options are essential and not related to the drug war..
    Sometimes your narrow frame of reference is astounding
    Well as the chairman of the DNC has said... they don't believe parents own their kids... the community does

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/bato...s-she-invited/

Look at those fine officers protecting those protesters. I guess when they said "Violence isnt the answer" they werent talking about the solution to people peacefully protesting on private property.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/bato...s-she-invited/

Look at those fine officers protecting those protesters. I guess when they said "Violence isnt the answer" they werent talking about the solution to people peacefully protesting on private property.
    Police militarization is absolutely a problem.

But that source is a joke.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    So cajun, you honestly believe we're safer without cops?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    I agree about that site but the it was mainly meant to view the video. Doesnt matter where the video was posted.

What I want are cops to get back to protecting and serving. Heres the changes I would make

- No more solo patrols. Even motorcyle patrols I would pair them up. I think everyone is safer this way.

- Significant change to the traffic ticket system. Need to take the financial incentive away from officers. I would instruct officers to give warnings unless its a really egregious traffic offense. There are no reasons to arrest someone or use force to arrest someone unless they have a warrant for their arrest or have a gun without a permit. Contempt of cop is not an arrestable offense. I dont support people mouthing off to cops so maybe they can give a fine or something for swearing at a cop or making vague threats but we all put up with **** at work, I dont get to shoot the people that talk **** to me either.

- Patrol the high crime areas looking for unlicensed weapons and actually protecting people. I think people would be amazed at how receptive they would be to cops who are not just looking for a reason to arrest or fine them. I think this is what they call community policing. Drug dealers can sell drugs on corners without guns if there are cops looking to protect them instead of arresting them. Violence and Drugs only go hand in hand because its a black market. My weed dealer uses the money to pay for college.

- I would end forfeiture laws. All traffic fine revenue goes to feeding and housing the homeless. I am high af right now so I know its just rambling atm. I think cops and citizens would be much safer if we ended the war on drugs and changed our traffic law enforcement not be used as a revenue stream for cities and as a means to search and arrest poor people. No one should die for a traffic stop, not the driver or the cop. I will never side with a cop when they act like Cartman with a badge and end up killing someone because they had to arrest them for not respecting his authritah.

- If we insist in living in a police state the least we could do is stop teaching our kids about America being a free country and all these rights that they only get if they can afford a lawyer to exercise it for them. Thats whats getting a lot of these people killed. They dont understand that the cop will kill them. They think they have a right to resist if the officer is in the wrong. We should be teaching kids in schools as early as middle school how to get arrested and how not to get hurt by the cops. As crazy as some of you think I am I have done everything in my power to learn how to survive an encounter with a cop. I hate how these people try to antagonize the cops as much as I hate the cops for using violence to escalate a situation. I answer the questions asked. Dont say anything unless asked. Keep my hands on the wheel and if I have to reach for anything I do it in slow motion and make sure my hands are in his line of sight. If he asks me to reach for something out of his line of sight I ask him if he can see my hands if I reach wherever I need to. I dont think I should have to do all that but I dont want to be shot either. We should assume everyone will be arrested at some point in their lives. Might as well train them now. In fact I think everyone should spend a week in jail just so they can get a good idea what its like. No one can say they are 100% innocent of committing a crime that would get them years in jail so I dont want to hear any whining about it.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    More heroes protecting and serving.

http://okcfox.com/news/fox-25-invest...birthday-party

Tell me against why I should have sympathy for these people when they have no sympathy for the people they victimize. I hope for as many dead cops as it takes to get real accountability. It would be nice if that was 0 but the corruption is too systemic. It wouldnt be neccesary for cops to die to achieve change if the good cops would uphold the law without regard to who has a badge and who doesnt.

It’s over."

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts

Tell me against why I should have sympathy for these people when they have no sympathy for the people they victimize. I hope for as many dead cops as it takes to get real accountability. It would be nice if that was 0 but the corruption is too systemic. It wouldnt be neccesary for cops to die to achieve change if the good cops would uphold the law without regard to who has a badge and who doesnt.

You should get your stupid ass out of this country. You spineless puke.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

If you expect 100% of people in any profession to be good people, you are being on realistic. Of course there are scumbags, but you using a small minority to talk crap about "all" of them.

And cops have no financial incentive for traffic laws. What are you talking about?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    You should get your stupid ass out of this country. You spineless puke.
    Working on it. Been looking into Vancouver. Texas and Louisiana hasnt really prepared me for living in places with extreme cold.

Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    If you expect 100% of people in any profession to be good people, you are being on realistic. Of course there are scumbags, but you using a small minority to talk crap about "all" of them.

And cops have no financial incentive for traffic laws. What are you talking about?

I expect those good cops to say something when their supervisor tells them "go arrest some ******s". I dont care about the small ****, but if they see another officer committing felonies and they say nothing they are not law enforcement. Much less good law enforcement. A criminal is a criminal regardless of whether they have a badge. Its not that they wont say anything, its that they back their criminal co workers vigorously.

As for traffic tickets, the money is used as part of cities budget and that is the quota. If a city budgets 7 million revenue from tickets to pay for something then there is pressure on the cops to meet that amount. If they dont produce tickets their boss will let them know about it.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    This is what I have been attempting to say.

Believe it or not I never heard of this guy before today.

It’s over."