Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline: What are you willing to do?

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    I probably would have done this one this past offseason, but I have my doubts about Reed's contact ability now and would rather keep Freddie.

About the only trades I would consider are:
    Julio for Bregman
    Julio for Benintendi or Moncada
    Julio and Viz for Devers and Espinosa
    Julio and Viz for Benintendi and Kopech

No thanks on Gallo or your Toronto trade.
    I think Reed is going to hit as long as he doesn't get too fat.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    In the never will happen trades:
    1. Minter and Jenkins to Cubs for Happ. Cubs need rotation depth and a lefty RP bad. We are not trading minter and Cubs prob would want someone who has thrown a pitch in MLB.

2. Trade either Wisler or Folty instead of JT. Both have talent and long term control. Maybe you can pry a bat away and still keep Julio. Maybe the Rockies b/c they love Folty's velocity. Maybe Pitt.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Trade every veteran. Hell, have a Military Appreciation Night and trade a few of them for good measure.
    Fly the traded Braves to their new destination on Air Force jets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    JT and Sims for Starling Marte and Ke'Bryan Hayes

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Part 2:

Vizcaino to the Tigers for Christin Stewart and JaCoby Jones.

Johnson to the Tigers for JaCoby Jones.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Build a wall around turner field and make the mets pay for it
    I'm with you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumps' twitter guy For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (07-14-2016), The Chosen One (07-14-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Vizcaino to the Mariners for Tyler O'Neill.

Vizcaino to the Mariners for D. J. Peterson and Nick Neidert.

Vizcaino to the Cardinals for Randal Grichuk.

Vizcaino to the Dodgers for Alex Verdugo.

Toussaint, Sims, a choice of Ruiz or Riley, and Ricardo Sanchez to the Rays for Evan Longoria.
    Wow... I don't think I'd do any of those. Those are awful trades

EDIT: sorry... Was reading as Teheran not Viz... Would do all but Touissant. It's not likely Longoria will hold up much longer
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 07-14-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Wow... I don't think I'd do any of those. Those are awful trades

EDIT: sorry... Was reading as Teheran not Viz... Would do all but Touissant. It's not likely Longoria will hold up much longer
    I am glad you edited that. I was wondering how much value Viz really has. I agree, that I don't like the Longoria trade either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Teheran and Ruiz for Bregman

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (07-14-2016)

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I like that idea of Vizcaino for Grichuk. But we may need to add something else to that pack.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I was thinking we would make Olivera pay for it.
    The wall is to keep olivera out
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    The wall is to keep olivera out
    which is why he should pay for it

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    which is why he should pay for it
    This is true.... hell the mets can get a loan from olivera, then pay him $1.2 mil for 30 years
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Coppy recently hinted that we are looking for a catcher, and would consider a mid-season deal. No surprises there. I would be willing to do a mild overpay to fill a position of need. There are two catchers I can think of who could be moved mid-season: Derek Norris and Brian McCann.

Here is my take on their valuation:

Norris projects to be a 2.5 win per year player over his two remaining arb years. A total of 5 wins. He projects to be paid at a rate that is worth about 1.5 wins in the market over those two years. His projected surplus value is 3.5 wins. I'm willing to overpay a little, which means I'd be willing to send the Padres a package worth about 4.5 wins.

McCann has three years left on his deal (including the option for 2019, which is likely to vest). I would project him at 2.5 wins in 2017 and 1.5 wins in 2018 and 2019. His salary will almost exactly match his expected production. So expected surplus value of about zero. A slight overpay means sending a player worth about 1 win.

In terms of what we have to ship out, I think we will have four lefty relievers (Alvarez, Krol, Cervenka, Rodriguez) competing for 2 or 3 jobs next spring. We can trade one. I would also consider shipping one of Ellis, Whalen, Harrell, Baby Harang, Jenkins and Blair. Would still leave us with a projected rotation of Teheran, Wisler, Folty, Gant, and one other.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-15-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Coppy recently hinted that we are looking for a catcher, and would consider a mid-season deal. No surprises there. I would be willing to do a mild overpay to fill a position of need. There are two catchers I can think of who could be moved mid-season: Derek Norris and Brian McCann.

Norris projects to be a 2.5 win per year player over his two remaining arb years. A total of 5 wins. He projects to be paid at a rate that is worth about 1.5 wins in the market over those two years. His projected surplus value is 3.5 wins. I'm willing to overpay a little, which means I'd be willing to send the Padres a package worth about 4.5 wins.

McCann has three years left on his deal (including the option for 2019, which is likely to vest). I would project him at 2.5 wins in 2017 and 1.5 wins in 2018 and 2019. His salary will almost exactly match his expected production. So expected surplus value of about zero. A slight overpay means sending a player worth about 1 win.

In terms of what we have to ship out, I think we will have four lefty relievers (Alvarez, Krol, Cervenka, Rodriguez) competing for 2 or 3 jobs next spring. We can trade one. I would also consider shipping one of Ellis, Whalen, Harrell, Baby Harang, Jenkins and Blair. Would still leave us with a projected rotation of Teheran, Wisler, Folty, Gant, and one other.
    Would you do a Teheran for McCann, Severino and Miguel Andujar?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Bowman is saying Lucroy is back on our radar. The concussion concern this winter pushed us away, but he has popped back up. But only interested in him if they could 'extent' him as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    I'd love to get McCann back in Atlanta. It could probably be done without giving up a lot just to take his contract. I'm still steamed that the Melvin Upton contract essentially kept Atlanta from keeping McCann.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KB21 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-15-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

Still one of my favorites! Gomez still has not touched home.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Bowman is saying Lucroy is back on our radar. The concussion concern this winter pushed us away, but he has popped back up. But only interested in him if they could 'extent' him as well.
    Already 30, risk of losing him after one full year, and he'd probably cost a lot. I'm not interested in him. If we're trading for a catcher, try for a younger one that can grow with our core of players.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

I'm not that interested in Norris since we traded Bud. A think a Norris-Norris battery would have been awesome.

I was browsing big league and AAA rosters the other day looking for catchers and there sure aren't many worth looking at out there. The Padres picked up Hector Sanchez earlier in the year, but DFA'd him a month later. He might be worth a look. Tim Federowicz and Josmil Pinto are two other guys that have some big league experience. Pinto is pretty bad defensively, but he can stick some. Zunino (SEA) and Nicholas (TX) are guys who might work if they were to come our way in a bigger deal.

PS--Seeing we can't have a Norris-Norris battery, I think the next best thing would be a Foltynewicz-Federowicz battery.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 07-15-2016 at 09:48 AM.