Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7/16 SATURDAY MINORS FINAL: GCL No-Hitter!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    John Camargo with two singles and 3 RBIs tonight. He's been hitting at about a .400 clip over the last ten games. I know others in here don't like him as much as I do, but I think he can at least be a usable utility guy or perhaps a trade chip going forward.
    I like Camargo. I think he could be a big leaguer, albeit probably not with us.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Gonzo just hits.I think the kid will end up being a steal from this draft.He's just a hitting machine.Blackman was the same way at GT.underated..

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    Wilson was just surprising to me since it cost so much to sign him. He does at least profile as a high leverage reliever long term, so I think it's decent value in the third round even if he never develops a third pitch. Harrington just didn't make sense to me at all, back of the rotation guy or decent reliever stuff with a 2nd round pick is the opposite of an upside play. Particularly with a nice boom/bust corner OF guy like Quinn sitting there.
    I figured they would have to go overslot for Wilson, but I never thought it would be a half a mil. Lot of dough.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I like Camargo. I think he could be a big leaguer, albeit probably not with us.
    I'm halfway around the bend on this, but I'd release Aybar tomorrow and audition Camargo at SS with the big club for the rest of the season. I know many don't agree with me, but he's a better long-term prospect than Castro so he'll likely have to go on the 40-man over the winter. Neither Swanson nor Albies have to go on the 40-man (although they will likely have to go on at the end of spring training in 2017). At the very least, Camargo could build up some value as a possible trade chip.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-17-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    I've about given up on Banuelos at this point. He's nothing more than a fringy prospect now.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I've about given up on Banuelos at this point. He's nothing more than a fringy prospect now.
    I know it is AA. But he had a better start. I am seriously wondering about our pitching coach in AAA. Like the other poster said, no one can work out issues up there. Sims, Blair, ManBan, Ellis have all struggled to get back on track in AAA. This needs to be addressed.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I know it is AA. But he had a better start. I am seriously wondering about our pitching coach in AAA. Like the other poster said, no one can work out issues up there. Sims, Blair, ManBan, Ellis have all struggled to get back on track in AAA. This needs to be addressed.
    I don't think it was all that good a start -- whip over 2. Down a level. Yikes. Needs to be converted to reliever perhaps.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    This is very valid. Original AAA pitching coach, Marty Reed, moved to ATL with Snitker, but Jose Alvarez has been in the system for years.