Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican National Convention

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Too bad Gary Johnson doesn't have the stones to get in the ring with the big boys
    Lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,292 Posts
    Too bad Gary Johnson doesn't have the stones to get in the ring with the big boys
    "It's too bad Gary Johnson has his principles, such a pussy"

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I've had fun with the plagiarism aspect this morning and like I said that in and of itself is ~~ but the serious end is this is all indications are they would govern the same way they sent out Trumps wife of all people---
    half assed

The '68 (D) convention was a preview. As was the '08 conventions and the '12 convention where an old white guy yelled at a chair.
    Last night we watched the Trump machine in action, in some respects I see it scarier than '68
    "Sub groups"
    "Benghazi" again ?
    Law and Order ? when data shows crime rates have drastically dropped in the last 8 years

Just a disconnect with the world -- the 2016 world
    Again, I didn't watch last night's play-by-play and I'll likely avoid the rest of the festivities, but from what I saw of Leslie Stahl's interview of Trump and Pence on 60 Minutes, I'll readily admit that I have been downplaying in my own mind the utter lunacy of Trump. I am hard-pressed--as many on the left are--to believe Hillary is a steeped in the philosophy progressive, but Trump really isn't anything. Totally self-absorbed big ball of nothing.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (07-19-2016), Metaphysicist (07-20-2016), Prikichi (07-19-2016), sturg33 (07-19-2016)

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I've had fun with the plagiarism aspect this morning and like I said that in and of itself is ~~ but the serious end is this is all indications are they would govern the same way they sent out Trumps wife of all people---
    half assed
    Better "half assed" than a complete asshole. #****Hillary

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Johnson ran for the R ticket in 2012. He considers himself a republican first over Libertarian, and he'd love to be on the debate stage. So you fail on all aspects of your "burn"
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Didn't the Barack Obama campaign get caught doing something similar?

This isn't a big deal if handled correctly. It won't be handled correctly though because Trump campaign.
    It only shows the incompetency of the campaign, which we knew already. I feel bad for her.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    But again, it does happen....

It's funny that no responded to this.

And look, he became President of the United States!

But yet, we get to drag a nice woman through the mud because a dumb campaign staffer was too lazy to change 3 words of what otherwise has been uttered throughout our country's history a million times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    No, it shows the media refuses to say what things actually mean, leaving it up to viewers to connect the dots. The plagiarism snafu just shows that Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He can't run a professional campaign and the notion that he could run a country is laughable.

Hillary OTOH still sitting high and dry while the whole Republican machine flails and fails to bring her down.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (07-19-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    No, it shows the media refuses to say what things actually mean, leaving it up to viewers to connect the dots. The plagiarism snafu just shows that Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He can't run a professional campaign and the notion that he could run a country is laughable.

Hillary OTOH still sitting high and dry while the whole Republican machine flails and fails to bring her down.
    Hey I'm with you on Trump... but then you go and lose that credibility by saying Hilary is somehow not a clown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Greg Sargent ‏@ThePlumLineGS · 2m2 minutes ago

McConnell says this elex is about who is on ordinary Americans' side economically...

...then launches into diatribe about Benghazi/emails
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    It's funny that no responded to this.

And look, he became President of the United States!

But yet, we get to drag a nice woman through the mud because a dumb campaign staffer was too lazy to change 3 words of what otherwise has been uttered throughout our country's history a million times
    She should be dragged just like Mrs. Obama was dragged back in 08 and continues to be dragged to this day.
    The Joker: Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    She should be dragged just like Mrs. Obama was dragged back in 08 and continues to be dragged to this day.
    I don't remember Obama being accused of plagiarism and a bunch of dumb fake quotes attributed to him as a pose to be clever. But it's possible I missed it.

Meanwhile... he's a disaster of a President. But since I know you only care about race relations... I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on what he's done to help bridge the gap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I don't remember Obama being accused of plagiarism and a bunch of dumb fake quotes attributed to him as a pose to be clever. But it's possible I missed it.

Meanwhile... he's a disaster of a President. But since I know you only care about race relations... I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on what he's done to help bridge the gap

Well I think he is a damn good president especially when dealing with the white supremacists who tried to fight him tooth and nail to be a 1 term president.

I think Obama has tried to actually have a discussion about race and blackness in America. He unfortunately has been in a terrible position that many of us black people who must interact and work amongst white people encounter. He cant be too black cause ole white masta will be scared. Which leads him to ignore or not voice loudly enough issues facing the black community. Smh I know this feeling oh so well 😥

I feel like his hands are tied behind his back because he is running on a legacy for all blacks. I really think white people will truly never understand that we blacks are taught to be 10x better than any average white person. That if he fails that it will hurt future blacks from having a chance at becoming a president. Therefore he cant really do or say the things he so truly wants. At the end of the day I voted for him twice and would do it a 3rd time. Obama may not have done all i want and hope for but McCain, Mitt, Trump etc have shiwn that they dont give damn about my people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Well I think he is a damn good president especially when dealing with the white supremacists who tried to fight him tooth and nail to be a 1 term president.

I think Obama has tried to actually have a discussion about race and blackness in America. He unfortunately has been in a terrible position that many of us black people who must interact and work amongst white people encounter. He cant be too black cause ole white masta will be scared. Which leads him to ignore or not voice loudly enough issues facing the black community. Smh I know this feeling oh so well ��

I feel like his hands are tied behind his back because he is running on a legacy for all blacks. I really think white people will truly never understand that we blacks are taught to be 10x better than any average white person. That if he fails that it will hurt future blacks from having a chance at becoming a president. Therefore he cant really do or say the things he so truly wants. At the end of the day I voted for him twice and would do it a 3rd time. Obama may not have done all i want and hope for but McCain, Mitt, Trump etc have shiwn that they dont give damn about my people.
    LOL... I don't remember the division in races prior to Obama... But now I see it's as bad as ever. All Obama does is "condemn" these terrible acts by implying it's kinda justified. His rhetoric on the issues is extremely divisive.

We won't ever move on until we treat people like individuals, not groups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    LOL... I don't remember the division in races prior to Obama... But now I see it's as bad as ever. All Obama does is "condemn" these terrible acts by implying it's kinda justified. His rhetoric on the issues is extremely divisive.

We won't ever move on until we treat people like individuals, not groups.
    You didnt see it because we kept quiet. Did you not see Rodney King, riots, OJ Simpson verdict. The division was always there its just that many of us due to white supremacy have been programmed to accept the racist treatment that we have been given since the start of this country.

Obama is stating what I think many feel. The violence is terrible and wrong. Is it justified...Hell no. But i clearly understand. As a black American I am truly pissed off with America and I want real change now. I am no longer going to accept the bs white supremacy has shoved down my throat.

Because dude we are groups. You will never know how I as a black woman feel and have been treated in this world. To hear all the racism my family has faced from Grandfather who fought in WWII to my Ivy league graduate uncle down to me. No we wont move on until White America recognize their privilege, destroy the laws and institutions white supremacy has created, and start treating minorities as freaking equals. Respect our contributions to America because damn it we built this mfer and have NEVER been paid for it!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Christie complaining about corruption is rich... the wrong guy to make that speech, IMO...

Of course, everything he said was correct... but the hypocrisy was annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    You didnt see it because we kept quiet. Did you not see Rodney King, riots, OJ Simpson verdict. The division was always there its just that many of us due to white supremacy have been programmed to accept the racist treatment that we have been given since the start of this country.

Obama is stating what I think many feel. The violence is terrible and wrong. Is it justified...Hell no. But i clearly understand. As a black American I am truly pissed off with America and I want real change now. I am no longer going to accept the bs white supremacy has shoved down my throat.

Because dude we are groups. You will never know how I as a black woman feel and have been treated in this world. To hear all the racism my family has faced from Grandfather who fought in WWII to my Ivy league graduate uncle down to me. No we wont move on until White America recognize their privilege, destroy the laws and institutions white supremacy has created, and start treating minorities as freaking equals. Respect our contributions to America because damn it we built this mfer and have NEVER been paid for it!!!!
    Yeah - I know Rodney King... tragic.

OJ Simpson? Do what?

If you only choose to see yourself as a group then the racial gap will never end.

There's no such thing as black right or gay rights or white rights. It's individual rights. End of discussion.

You keep saying you don't support the violence but then you spend the rest of your post justifying it. Just like the President.

All that is happening here is:

- Horrible government policy incentivizes going after the poor

- Over militarized police treat the poor unfairly

- The victims retaliate against otherwise innocent police

- The country gets behind the police and are angry about the victim's violence

- We argue about race

- Nothing ever changes

- It just escalates

- The police become more militarized

- More mistakes get made

- More retaliation happens

- We yell at each other about race

Nothing changes - it just gets worse. Obama is a joke, but he's certainly not the only joke.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (07-20-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Also i must say you must be either blind or in complete denial to ever claim that there was no division before Obama came to office. Im really not trying to be disrespectful but you saying that spits in the face of many blacks who have felt the ugly sting of racism since the first African stepped foot on American soil. This is why there is a division and why change wont ever occur.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Also i must say you must be either blind or in complete denial to ever claim that there was no division before Obama came to office. Im really not trying to be disrespectful but you saying that spits in the face of many blacks who have felt the ugly sting of racism since the first African stepped foot on American soil. This is why there is a division and why change wont ever occur.
    Here's what's so funny/tragic about your posting.

If you've been around here and actually read what I've written, you would have seen:

- The criminal justice absolutely discriminates against minorities

- Police brutality does happen against minorities more than whites

- The war on drugs is most racist law we have on the books and should be gotten rid of yesterday

Of course - all you see if me saying that Obama's rhetoric does nothing but hurt the matter and you scream racist.

You will never be happy because you will always play the victim and blame others. It's sad. I hope your mindset begins to change

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (07-20-2016)