Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    At the end when Daenerys and her soldiers we standing in front of Cersei and her castle, Daenerys had like 50 soldiers with her. Cersei could demolished them within minutes and she would had won the throne
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    The writing is getting pretty bad as they try to finish the series.
    What they get for rushing it and not giving us a full season.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-07-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Man, that Bronn **** was stupid and made no sense. I can’t get over that. They turned one of my favorite characters into a moron.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-07-2019)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Man, that Bronn **** was stupid and made no sense. I can’t get over that. They turned one of my favorite characters into a moron.
    Also the writers making Dany 'forget' that they had dragon killing weapons. Just so ****ing lazy.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Very quiet episode, but consistent with the story arc. We are coming to the ultimate conclusion (whatever that might be). I read a couple of reviews on how this particular episode was very cruel to the female characters and I have to agree. Don't know what that spells for the end. My guess is someone unexpected will end up on the Iron Throne or a totally outside-the-box ending. I'm thinking the Throne may be left empty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Very quiet episode, but consistent with the story arc. We are coming to the ultimate conclusion (whatever that might be). I read a couple of reviews on how this particular episode was very cruel to the female characters and I have to agree. Don't know what that spells for the end. My guess is someone unexpected will end up on the Iron Throne or a totally outside-the-box ending. I'm thinking the Throne may be left empty.
    Team Davos here.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    From the leaks that I read in regards to the Throne.

Spoiler: 
    A council of Tyrion, Sam, Bronn, and Davos votes to have Bran installed as King.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    From the leaks that I read in regards to the Throne.

Spoiler: 
    A council of Tyrion, Sam, Bronn, and Davos votes to have Bran installed as King.
    That would be ****ing stupid
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This season ruined the show for me.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This season ruined the show for me.
    Yeah. 7 seasons hyping up how powerful the Night King is and he dies in an instant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Visually and audio was the best yet. Writing still trending the wrong way. Im just enjoying the spectacle and not worrying about the details anymore.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    Visually and audio was the best yet. Writing still trending the wrong way. Im just enjoying the spectacle and not worrying about the details anymore.
    Long night still has the best visuals and music for me.

The entire episode was epic despite whatever people think of the tactics or ending.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Vince Gilligan right now:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-13-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Yeah. 7 seasons hyping up how powerful the Night King is and he dies in an instant
    I read this take a lot. The Winterfell battle wasn’t the only battle with the White Walkers (Fist of the First Men, Hardhome and the Frozen Lake were three battles that the Night King easily won). The show was never going to be that interesting if he was the final villain.

I haven’t liked parts of this season (episode 4 was not good to say the least). But episode 2,3, and 5 have all been tremendous. At some point you need to resolve your story and i feel like these episodes did a great job of this.

Very nervous for the finale though. Seems impossible to provide a satisfying conclusion in an hour given what just happened. It’s going to feel rushed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I read this take a lot. The Winterfell battle wasn’t the only battle with the White Walkers (Fist of the First Men, Hardhome and the Frozen Lake were three battles that the Night King easily won). The show was never going to be that interesting if he was the final villain.

I haven’t liked parts of this season (episode 4 was not good to say the least). But episode 2,3, and 5 have all been tremendous. At some point you need to resolve your story and i feel like these episodes did a great job of this.

Very nervous for the finale though. Seems impossible to provide a satisfying conclusion in an hour given what just happened. It’s going to feel rushed.
    The entire season feels rushed. I’m not sure what show you’re watching.

Dany’s turn was a half-step above Anakin’s in Episode 3. Yeah, it’s been telegraphed for a while, but it still wasn’t earned.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts

Dany’s turn was a half-step above Anakin’s in Episode 3. Yeah, it’s been telegraphed for a while, but it still wasn’t earned.
    Agreed (where did I say differently?). It’s felt very rushed because the show runners committed to doing 13 episodes when the show needed minimum three seasons (1 season of Dany vs Cersei, 1 season dedicated to NW, and the final season about Dany’s downfall). Obviously there’s going to be severe pacing issues without the necessary runway. Season 3 (IMO the best season) nothing really happened during the season up until the Red Wedding. After the Red Wedding, every action and conversation that happened that season made much more sense. It was a rich payoff that’s sadly been missing for a few seasons.

To me the show has done a great job delivering great moments which sadly haven’t been earned because of the time constraint (which may be D&D’s wanting to move on to other projects, contractual issues with certain key actors, George being less involved etc.). This hasn’t been a knockout final season (there’s been a lot of unforced errors), but I think the criticism has been extremely unfair. I think once people have time to step away from the show that it will feel much more satisfying.
    Last edited by chop2chip; 05-13-2019 at 02:10 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (05-13-2019)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    The show became just too expensive to produce.

The principal cast get raises every year. Most shows by season 8 become too expensive because everyone on the show gets a bunch of raises by then. This is why AMC is not shelling out money to keep the long-time regulars on the show like Lincoln, Cohan, Danai, etc. Game of Thrones is already the most expensive show ever produced, and it got more expensive when you have all the full-sized dragons + huge armies + detailed set pieces. Clearly people realize the majority of the budget went towards E3 and E5.

As for the Night King's ending, there really isn't much you can do with it. Once the wall came down, the dead don't take a break to make camp and rest for the night. Winterfell isn't next door to the Wall, but it's close enough that the Dead can just march there non-stop. They keep moving to the next place. They spent two episodes preparing for the Long Night. I think that was more than enough since the Wall already came down. The only place between the Wall and Winterfall was House Umber and they showed that house was slaughtered.

How did anyone think they were going to expand that to a second episode? The battle began at night and wasn't going to keep going into a next episode since they were not only outnumbered but again, the dead don't take any breaks. You have to keep the pacing real that the dead aren't gonna stop.

I'm indifferent on Arya killing him. One way of looking at it is the show spent a few seasons of Arya training how to fight and then trained to become an assassin. Another way of looking at it is Jon has had the most showdowns with Night King so it should have been him to do it.

It's confusing reading people complaining about not enough twists and turns in the show anymore like there were in the first few seasons. People wanted Jon to be the one to end the Night King but were surprised when Arya did it. I guess it wasn't a good surprise and Arya's payoff wasn't good enough. People supposedly want things to payoff after all these years aka fan service, while being upset that we've had some turn of events the last few episodes.

Really the only thing that I haven't cared for this season is Euron. And glad that he won't be in the final episode.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts

Dany has been insecure and naive for quite some time. She's also used her dragons and fire surviving abilities as get out of jail free cards several times. She was never going to outwit the minds of Westeros like she did Slave Traders and Barbarians like the Dothraki. That was her downfall. She conquered the less civilized world and was not embraced in the civilized world.

I think the revelation that Jon had a better claim to the Throne than her is what unraveled this situation rather quickly. With her ego growing for many seasons that it was her destiny to be the Targaryen to retake the Throne, it was a huge gut check for her. Plus, she wasn't well received in the North and she saw that Jon was just a more likable person than her. It made her insecure and naive personality go even worse. To top it off, her trusted advisors were plotting behind her back. Her best friend died, as well as her executive assistant. She's now lost 2 kids. Her boyfriend won't do what she asks of him. She feels like she's loosing her grip on the situation. So going into Order 66 mode is her last attempt at establishing an iron grip.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Why didn’t they just marry?
    Ivermectin Man

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Why didn’t they just marry?
    Incest angle wouldn't play well up North as Varys told Tyrion.

Plus, Dany wouldn't like sharing power. She's been power hungry for years.
    Forever Fredi