Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks leak emails from DNC that show party collusion against Bernie.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,030 Posts
    Apologists can try to rationalize it away all they want. She's a disgrace, and they got caught screwing up this time. Without the leak, it would have been business as usual and it will continue to be the same going forward.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    For all the crap that Ted Cruz gets, at least the dude stuck to his convictions at the RNC. Bernie will bend over and take it. What a joke.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Probably one of the most intellectually dishonest tweets I've read. What ****tard is running that account?
    Sadly, this sort of total lack of self-critical consideration has characterized the responses amongst a lot of the establishment/liberal wing of the Democratic Party in 2016. And indeed—though there's always some hypocrisy in institutional politics—I think it's been ramped up on the establishment side of both dominant parties this cycle.

A good example, on the liberal side, has been the perpendicular reactions to Trump's supporters and to the progressives to the left of Clinton who have been skeptical of coming, or have refused to come, around in supporting her candidacy. It's a fun irony: folks mocking and maligning Trump's fear-premised support, while in the next breath mocking and maligning leftists for not dumping their principles, out of fear, to vote Clinton in November.
    Last edited by jpx7; 07-24-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

weso1 (07-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Apologists can try to rationalize it away all they want. She's a disgrace, and they got caught screwing up this time. Without the leak, it would have been business as usual and it will continue to be the same going forward.

For the record I couldn't give two ****s who is the party chair for either party and my guess is 95% of you here couldn't have named a party chief in any election going back to say, Clinton 1996.
    Quick quiz, who was the RNC chief in 1972 Nixon election that led to the resignation of both the POTUS and VP
    -- let's talk about a disgrace !!!!

I hear the phrase "business as usual" an awful lot this election season

What do you mean ? --
    and what is the alternative

please be specific

Back to her being a disgrace, to the best of my knowledge she neither sent or received any of the emails in question --- in a season where a candidate begging to have charges dropped bilking college students, reportedly not paying his bills, lying (documented not by association) about not only his wealth but his positions on policy,
    Debbie Wassermann Schultz is a disgrace ?

Please
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Steaksauce it's really sad that you claim to support Bernie, but are just toeing the party line.

Face it you considered the novelty of Bernie, but your posts clearly show that you don't really believe what he believes.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Crooked Laurie ‏@anylaurie16 · 10m10 minutes ago

The DNC let a non-Democrat run for president, then they mulled over ideas that would help the actual Democrat. Is that about it? #DNCLeak
    Bernie voted with Dems 95+% of the time from 2001 on. He's a democrat, if you look at how things worked, Bernie ran as an independent for the name but had a closet deal with the dems, look at 2012 Election, there was no democrat challenger for the Senate. Stop being obtuse.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (07-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Wonder if Hillary knew about this. I think she had to have known something.
    You know she did. Probably orchestrated the whole ugly business.

They don't make a move without consulting The Hill.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    You know she did. Probably orchestrated the whole ugly business.

They don't make a move without consulting The Hill.

Eh, they're just being mean to her because she's a J*O*O (as Cartman would say)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    The irony is that 12 years ago Hillary was one of the most sought out choices anywhere. Now people can't stand her.

I'd vote Trump (because I realize 95% of the crazy things he says would never get done) before I ever voted for Hillary. I was going to settle for lesser of two evils and vote Hillary before the primaries but the DNC collusion and incompetence of her campaign just turns me away.

Said it earlier in this thread, if there was ever a gold standard for political organization it's Barack Obama's Campaign Team. Just unbelievable what they accomplished in 2008 and again in re-election in 2012.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Steaksauce it's really sad that you claim to support Bernie, but are just toeing the party line.

Face it you considered the novelty of Bernie, but your posts clearly show that you don't really believe what he believes.
    Oh really ... I have over the years been steadfast in the goal of universal cradle to grave health care.
    I have argued for increased minimum wage. In fact, where Sen Sanders calls for $15 I don't see why we can't go to $21 which would account for the rate of inflation since the early '70s. I have over the years "toed" the Sanders line on education - the latest being debt free college including free, based on talent and need.
    and if you remember the Scout days you would remember he and I arm and arm on international affairs. I came to this board the only voice against the Iraq War
    He and I are in agreement with reigning in Wall Street, investing in inner city infrastructure and paying for increasing the safety net with a tax increase that would put us back to pre Reagan rates. Tax the rich is not a dirty word to me

Perhaps the area we disagree is in laying waste to the weapons industry.
    Where I stand to the left of Senator Sanders

One thing we have learned from your assessment of my political views is, you are not Sturg

the difference you and I have is I understand these goals are not attainable in one snap of the fingers.
    They will happen at a snails pace one increment at a time.

Do you know why ?
    Because that is the way it works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    The irony is that 12 years ago Hillary was one of the most sought out choices anywhere. Now people can't stand her.

I'd vote Trump (because I realize 95% of the crazy things he says would never get done) before I ever voted for Hillary. I was going to settle for lesser of two evils and vote Hillary before the primaries but the DNC collusion and incompetence of her campaign just turns me away.

Said it earlier in this thread, if there was ever a gold standard for political organization it's Barack Obama's Campaign Team. Just unbelievable what they accomplished in 2008 and again in re-election in 2012.
    Have you read Trumps stand on Japanese internment during WWII ?
    HRC emails though and she was investigated and Bill did have an affair ...
    vs people with slanted eyes and darker skin being imprisoned just because well, they have slanted eyes and darker skin

I said a few weeks back 15-20 of you would vote for Trump
    Posters thought that preposterous,

DNC collusion does not account for 3 million votes

and you will be amazed how much damage he can do and how fast and how long it would take to undo it
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-24-2016 at 10:40 PM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    vs people with slanted eyes and darker skin being imprisoned just because well, they have slanted eyes and darker skin

and you will be amazed how much damage he can do and how fast and how long it would take to undo it
    If I did vote for Trump, it'd be purely a symbolic vote. My hope would be it sends ripples through Washington for both parties that maybe in the future we stop sending career lawyers to Washington who do nothing but debate and argue for formal semantics instead of working and agreeing on solutions.

Also the fact that Trump was a Democrat for years, and you could find his views in interviews decades ago being a lot more reasonable. I don't think Trump believes 95% of the crazy stuff he says. But he knows it brings out blue collar people. Sure it caters to the worst of America, but it's been effective for him and you can't argue the results. He's gained ground on Hillary in the polls all while continuing to say erratic things.

DNC collusion does not account for 3 million votes, but we can only imagine how things could have been played out had Bernie been treated as a neutral contender by the DNC instead of a truly lowly underdog. THe debate scheduling was dead obvious. While Priebus and GOP were scheduling debates in primetime during the week to maximize most viewers, DWS was scheduling them on Friday and Sunday nights where nobody was watching or people were watching something else. It made absolutely no sense to schedule these debates at terrible time slots, as well as fewer debates, as to not only help the front runner.

I seriously hope Hillary chokes worse than Kerry 2004. It will hopefully start changing the structure of the party, and we get better candidates in the Obama mold rather than Blue Dogs. Millenials just need a few more years before they become so dominant in the voting bloc that we won't have to worry about Trump types anymore just libertarians. Don't think Trump would make that big of a mess in 4 years to be honest.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts

and you'll be amazed that if he makes her look lost in the debates she'll be screwed. She won't be sitting behind a desk going back and forth with trey gowdy about Libya. She'll be in the crosshairs of a loud, abrasive, guy who can hit her on a lot of things that many Americans care about. You may not give a damn about Benghazi, her collusion or immigration but many people do.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (07-24-2016)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    and you'll be amazed that if he makes her look lost in the debates she'll be screwed. She won't be sitting behind a desk going back and forth with trey gowdy about Libya. She'll be in the crosshairs of a loud, abrasive, guy who can hit her on a lot of things that many Americans care about. You may not give a damn about Benghazi, her collusion or immigration but many people do.
    As much as I do not support Hillary, I don't think she'll be flustered by Trump in debates. She and Obama went head to head like 15 times in 08.

And again, if Gary Johnson makes 15%, Trump will have to worry about keeping him down as well. This go around, he can't get away with belittling someone like Johnson and expect to gain points in the polls because it will be independent voters deciding not the base.

I don't think Trump's erratic behavior during debates will work better in Presidential Debates compared to Primary debates. We've still yet to see him actually debate, as the final GOP debates were Cruz and Rubio coming after each other and Donald throwing jabs in there, while Carson and Kasich were saying "my name was mentioned" in the background.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    So where was all this outrage over rigged primary elections when the RNC was literally changing the rules to screw Ron Paul. Where was the outrage when the Maine GOP chairman cancels voting for areas that were highly supportive of Paul? Where was the outrage when the media decided to blackball Paul? Where's the outrage over caucuses that were overwhelmingly for Paul that were hijacked back state party officials to get the results thy wanted. Where was the outrage when the RNC was cutting microphones at their convention when anyone tried to say Ron Paul's name?

The DNC is guilty of nothing that the RNC didn't do 10 fold last time.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    So where was all this outrage over rigged primary elections when the RNC was literally changing the rules to screw Ron Paul. Where was the outrage when the Maine GOP chairman cancels voting for areas that were highly supportive of Paul? Where was the outrage when the media decided to blackball Paul? Where's the outrage over caucuses that were overwhelmingly for Paul that were hijacked back state party officials to get the results thy wanted. Where was the outrage when the RNC was cutting microphones at their convention when anyone tried to say Ron Paul's name?

The DNC is guilty of nothing that the RNC didn't do 10 fold last time.
    Ha. I was definitely one of the critics of Fox News and the RNC colluding to suppress Paul in 2008, and in 2012 when he had more momentum.

That being said, Ron was never as close to winning the nomination as Bernie was. Part of it is Bernie went head to head with Hillary so he got the millenials and not Hillary vote. Paul was just one of many non-McCain/Romney options.
    Forever Fredi

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (07-25-2016), jpx7 (07-25-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Bernie was never close to winning the primary.
    One thing to garner from WiliLeaks release is there was a plan in place just in case.

HRC campaign did no oppo research and in fact stopped spending money after Super Tuesday. Exception was California

The line goes Bernie people went to rallies, HRC people went to the polls
    But no, Bernie was never close to winning

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,030 Posts
    The point is the playing field was never level and it's supposed to be by the DNC's own rules. Debbie didn't resign for nothing. It doesn't matter what Clinton's campaign did or didn't do. I agree the Paul was largely screwed over and I wouldn't be surprised if there were similar efforts against Trump. But this was out in the open rigged.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,824 Posts
    I believe it was Stalin who said something to the effect of "If voting mattered, we wouldn't let them vote"