Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 WEDNESDAY MINOR FINAL: Blair rights ship; Cumberland targeted?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Is that right? Cumberland HBP 3 times? Did he have a bulls eye on his jersey.
    Him and Didder have been working on this. I think Didder is up to 36 THIS YEAR!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Him and Didder have been working on this. I think Didder is up to 36 THIS YEAR!!!!
    If he's been hit that mich, he's trying to get hit. Does he wear a swat team's armor to the plate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We are starting to have a log jam of SS prospects at the top. It is probably past time we see what Castro can do with an audition again, and then Camargo in short order after him.
    Ivermectin Man

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-28-2016)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    We are starting to have a log jam of SS prospects at the top. It is probably past time we see what Castro can do with an audition again, and then Camargo in short order after him.
    Amen.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    But Aybar is doing so well....

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    But Aybar is doing so well....
    I would have to think a team is willing to make a trade similar to the Grilli trade for him, and I think we ought to do so. I know he has close to 0 trade value right now, but if we take on the remaining money and try to get some organizational filler, I would think at least one team would see it as an opportunity to avoid competing with the other teams for a bench piece.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-28-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I would have to think a team is willing to make a trade similar to the Grilli trade for him, and I think we ought to do so. I know he has close to 0 trade value right now, but if we take on the remaining money and try to get some organizational filler, I would think at least one team would see it as an opportunity to avoid competing with the other teams for a bench piece.
    I think we can get some org filler if we agree to pay all but 250K of his remaining salary.. Aybar maybe terrible, but he is a proven vet that could add value to a contending team. If they can get a guy like that for basically nothing.. then why wouldn't they. The Braves would have to do this deal just to clear a roster spot...

I agree, I would like to see Chase/Castro/Johan audition at SS some. We are not really sure Swanson will be ready to start next year, so we need to have a capable back up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    I saw a rumor that said the Braves and Royals were discussing a deal that would send Nick Markakis to KC for Joakim Soria and Hunter Dozier.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I saw a rumor that said the Braves and Royals were discussing a deal that would send Nick Markakis to KC for Joakim Soria and Hunter Dozier.
    Sign me up for that. I think Markakis will be gone at some point this season. He's someone who could easily pass waivers in August.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Do you have any sources? This would be excellent for both teams. I love Markakis and I think he'd so well in KC.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Sign me up for that. I think Markakis will be gone at some point this season. He's someone who could easily pass waivers in August.

Amen on that trade... Dozier would be a great snag. I like Soria for the salary swap. Bet we would have to include some $$ or prospect our self.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Do you have any sources? This would be excellent for both teams. I love Markakis and I think he'd so well in KC.
    It's from Tomahawk Take, Alan Carpenter recanting a honey baked ham rumor. LOL

"This one is also on the level of a Jimmy Johns or Honey Ham store, the classic “I heard this from a guy” rumor. Our friend and contributor Ryan Cothran caught this from somewhere on Braves Journal:

Supposedly Atlanta and the Braves are fairly far along into discussing a swap of Nick Markakis for reliever Joakim Soria and 3B prospect Hunter Dozier." (Only place I've seen this although KC writers believe that they've checked on Markakis).

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    If that deal were on the table, I hope the only reason it wasn't instantly completed was that Coppy somehow concussed himself while scrambling for a pen to sign on the dotted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    It's from Tomahawk Take, Alan Carpenter recanting a honey baked ham rumor. LOL

"This one is also on the level of a Jimmy Johns or Honey Ham store, the classic “I heard this from a guy” rumor. Our friend and contributor Ryan Cothran caught this from somewhere on Braves Journal:

Supposedly Atlanta and the Braves are fairly far along into discussing a swap of Nick Markakis for reliever Joakim Soria and 3B prospect Hunter Dozier." (Only place I've seen this although KC writers believe that they've checked on Markakis).
    I'd be obviously very skeptical... but if there's even a chance... we have to jump on that! Dozier is finally having a complete this year tearing the ball up.... he's probably MLB ready or close.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    If that deal were on the table, I hope the only reason it wasn't instantly completed was that Coppy somehow concussed himself while scrambling for a pen to sign on the dotted.
    Seriously, this sounds like someone trying their hand at Millwood posting.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I'd be obviously very skeptical... but if there's even a chance... we have to jump on that! Dozier is finally having a complete this year tearing the ball up.... he's probably MLB ready or close.
    Agreed. Dozier for Markakis would be amazing no matter how much money the Braves had to kick in (or take back in the case of Soria). Dozier would immediately slot in at 3B in 2017 I would imagine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Agreed. Dozier for Markakis would be amazing no matter how much money the Braves had to kick in (or take back in the case of Soria). Dozier would immediately slot in at 3B in 2017 I would imagine.
    Come to think of it, we should be trying to buy him no matter what... with Mouse Tacos there for the next few years.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Come to think of it, we should be trying to buy him no matter what... with Mouse Tacos there for the next few years.
    Yeah, he would be an interesting guy to trade for regardless. I'd find the Marakakis for Soria/Dozier trade above hard to believe, but I'd be happy to see us kick in a prospect on our side to make it happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    Yeah, he would be an interesting guy to trade for regardless. I'd find the Marakakis for Soria/Dozier trade above hard to believe, but I'd be happy to see us kick in a prospect on our side to make it happen.
    Yah although Soria is making quite a bit more money than I realized.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Yah although Soria is making quite a bit more money than I realized.
    not enough to balance that trade.. Actually less than Neck is owed if you do his buyout. I would say the Braves would have to take Soria and still kick in money to buy Dozier..

Neck of course is more valuable than Soria, so I don't think it would have to be a complete buyout.. Maybe 11 million total..