Thread: Jobs

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Jobs

I went back home to Paducah KY for my sis wedding. Being a hick town/city (I swear they have more resturants, main stream included, and bars than my city of Eau Claire and we have 3 times the size and close to 100k people), a lot of their jobs, and they have a lot of openings, are starting 11 to 13 dollars an hour, at FAST FOOD, they can't get people to work. THen I see my race, a lot on porches, smoking blunts, drinking Natty Light. I was like, this city is paying 4 more dollars an hour than minimum wage, why not apply?

This is not Democrat or Republican problem, it is a black being lazy ass nig*ers problem and I am sick of it.

My mom said she is ashamed that even high schoolers don't want the jobs and they pay a lot. Grant it, when I go to these establishments I see a lot of blacks, but if you have openings that pay that much, take your uneducated ass and apply. I am tired of paying you for smoking blunts and having babies and not taking care of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (08-26-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Its hardly a black only problem. The problem as I see it is the safety net we feel obligated to provide people. Its great in theory but it will always be abused. I dont have a problem paying to help people so long as its the ones who actually need it. What I would like to see is to stop penalizing people with benefits for getting a job and working. No one is going to work to make an extra 500 dollars if they are just going to lose 500$ in benefits. Benefits should be for a set amount of time and you get to work as much as you want. If you choose not to take a job flipping burgers and live off the benefits only then your SOL when the time is up. If you work full time at minimum wage with benefits you might actually earn enough money to better your position in life. With the disabled I would also like to stop penalizing them so much for working. Theres jobs even blind people can do. I dont want to take benefits from them because they found a ****ty job that pays them 1k a month. I have worked with a lot of old people who were "retired" but needed to work to make extra money. They shouldnt be penalized for working either. Theres reasonable limits to set on all this and I find them to be way too low 99% o the time. If your making 40k a year you dont need benefits. Maybe thats too high but atleast the people who would be scamming the system then are the ones who are working.

People take the Libertarian position on government benefits like we dont care about people but we just realize that you cant let irresponsible people hold you hostage. All that does is promote people to be irresponsible. Will that mean some people have a really hard time? Yes. A lot of innocent kids will suffer. Just sounds really bad. The reality is theres already tons of innocent kids suffering. There would be a whole lot less of them to begin with if we didnt subsidize it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Eddie Haas and john Scopes are notable Paducah folk.

thhttp://www.civicdashboards.com/city/paducah-ky-16000US2158836/unemployment_rate

There is 6% unemployment in Paducah ~average for the nation and from your description I gather your "people" are no different than any one else.
    It is summertime
    People smoke blunts worldwide . From what I understand Kentucky finds meth and opioid addiction a much larger civic problem than pot.

President Obama proposed a Jobs Package in 2011 to rebuild infrastructure roads, bridges and ports that was shot down by
    Sen Majority Leader McConnell (R) Kentucky

So yeah, your gripe is kinda a "Democrat or Republican problem "

6% unemployment signifies there must be an awful lot of "my race " does in fact have jobs.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-26-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.