Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/3 MINORS THREAD SATURDAY FINAL: Rome Sweeps Augusta!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I wonder how the FO is going to handle its promotions next year, particularly from Rome. It didn't seem like they wanted to put much of their premium talent in Carolina, but they'll likely be forced to next year in many cases.

I would have to think Acuna, Riley, James, Dykstra and Didder all get promoted from Rome, but I don't really see Moss moving up to Mississippi yet. Could they get aggressive with Didder and push him to MS or do we move Moss or James to the bench already? What do they do with Braxton Davidson? I get that these are largely minor issues, as only a small handful of our hitting prospects are going to matter, but it will still be interesting.
    I think your reading too much into something that isnt there. Swanson started the year there when a lot of people thought he would start at AA.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Davidson bumped to Mississippi - not necessarily because he needs a new challenge, but because we can use the ABs for the guys at the lower levels. I'd also expect to see him and Peterson to see time at both corners (as well as 1B) in an effort to make them both more useful pieces if/when they get called up (or in 2018 of course).

With Braxton's eye and approach, he should be able to replicate his numbers at that level without epic struggles.
    Well, seeing he is having epic struggles in Carolina, it shouldn't be much of a problem for him to replicate epic struggles in Mississippi.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-04-2016)