Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Potential 2016 Offseason Targets

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,011 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Personally would far prefer trading for Mac. Somewhat similar bat with far more defensive value.
    Mac would be the primary catcher. And even when he isn't starting, the back up catcher rarely is used for PH duty.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree with that approach at all (myself included). That said, I don't think Moustakas would cost any of our top kids, but the lack of available Pitching would require at least one premium prospect for even one year of Duffy IMO. I certainly wouldn't give up any (even if it's just one) of our top guys without being able to extend either of them to bridge the gap to the Frieds/Allards/Rileys/Maitans/etc. were for sure going to have enough time to be ready (2019 at the absolute earliest).
    While I understand this thinking, I hope they dig into the farm for at least one pitcher. We should be able to pull McCann for less than top prospects and maybe get one of your pitchers from F'Acy.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Then it won't be him.

We'll go for the top of the market non-QO SP......as exciting as that sounds.
    The Nick Marakis of SP FAs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I would love to bring in Danny Duffy... the guy has great stuff and is a lefty... I'd see if we could send a package for him and Mous... Would hope we could extent them both.
    My thoughts. You don't trade any of our "good" prospects in the deal unless an extension is made. I'd like Mous on potential alone, but I'd LOVE Duffy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (10-05-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    My thoughts. You don't trade any of our "good" prospects in the deal unless an extension is made. I'd like Mous on potential alone, but I'd LOVE Duffy.
    Why do folks talk about an extension like it is a good thing that should increase trade value? Any player who is only 1 year from FA is not going to give much of a discount in an extension. Why would a team give up more prospect value for the right to pay a guy FA market rates?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Why do folks talk about an extension like it is a good thing that should increase trade value? Any player who is only 1 year from FA is not going to give much of a discount in an extension. Why would a team give up more prospect value for the right to pay a guy FA market rates?
    It wouldn't cost you a pick.

I'd be all for acquiring guys a year from free agency, but it wouldn't necessarily be based of an extension. You could offer an extension, flip them in July for prospects, or offer a QO and receive a pick. I like the idea of having those options.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chico For This Useful Post:

Southcack77 (10-05-2016)

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Jim Johnson
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ohnsji04.shtml

where did those strikeouts come from? best season ever? how much does he cost?