Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1912

Thread: Movie Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    The Knightmare scenes were supposed to be what JL2 was.

JL2 was supposed to be the Knightmare future. JL3 was Batman sending Flash back in time to undo it, and then it would have been the entire JL plus the newer members like Shazam, Atlantans, Amazonians, etc. Against Darkseid's Armada in an all out war.
    I gotcha. That makes more sense, though still seems pretty hard to follow.

Honestly, Batman Vs Superman should have set up the Justice League better, without the Superman/Doomsday storyline. Then Justice League movie would have been the Doomsday storyline that takes up way more than 20 minutes it did in BvS.

Then the next phase after Justice League is Man of Steel sequel, titled "Men of Steel" like the comics where you have several people trying to take over the mantle of Superman. It would culminate with Superman awakening and slowly regaining his powers as he takes on Cyborg superman Hank Henshaw.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I gotcha. That makes more sense, though still seems pretty hard to follow.

Honestly, Batman Vs Superman should have set up the Justice League better, without the Superman/Doomsday storyline. Then Justice League movie would have been the Doomsday storyline that takes up way more than 20 minutes it did in BvS.

Then the next phase after Justice League is Man of Steel sequel, titled "Men of Steel" like the comics where you have several people trying to take over the mantle of Superman. It would culminate with Superman awakening and slowly regaining his powers as he takes on Cyborg superman Hank Henshaw.
    The "Snyder Cut" of BvS is much better. Like JL Cut though it's longer. But you should definitely check it out.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    In BvS when Bruce falls asleep at the computer, he has that dream where he sees the Flash telling him Lois was the key.

In JL he talks about that dream.

In JL2, the Knightmare future is when Darkseid comes to Earth and finds the Anti-Life equation. Superman entrusts Batman to protect Lois while he goes to fight Darkseid. Batman is put in a predicament where either he dies or Lois dies and Lois dies instead of him, which causes Superman to fall under the control of the Anti-Life Equation, and then Darkseid controls him to take over Earth.

That's why in the BvS knightmare scene where Batman is captured, Dark Superman says to Bruce after he unmasks him "she was my world".

The ending Knightmare scene for Snyder Cut JL was a preview of JL2. This is why Joker tells Batman in the scene how many timelines do you have to **** up where you still won't die. It's kind of similar to Dr. Strange telling Stark there's only one timeline out of 8 million or whatever where they beat Thanos and it requires Stark living and sacrificing himself. And remember Strange didn't tell Stark until the very last minute. Batman sends Flash back in time since he realizes he needs to be the one to die not Lois, and Bruce commits the ultimate sacrifice and we don't get the Knightmare future, but instead we get Darkseid's Armada vs. ALL of the Justice League + Amazonians, Atlantans. So yeah by then we would have had Lantern, Manhunter, Atom Man, etc. a part of the League in addition to the ones we've already seen.

In some ways it's pretty similar to Endgame and Infinity War. EG they had to go back in time to get the Stones to undo Thanos snap.

Also, Clark and Lois would have named their son Bruce and he would have eventually been the new Batman.
    Forever Fredi

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Also, Clark and Lois would have named their son Bruce and he would have eventually been the new Batman.
    A batman who isn't Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Jean-Paul Valley, or Terry McGinnis, it's not Batman.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    A batman who isn't Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Jean-Paul Valley, or Terry McGinnis, it's not Batman.
    please stop. It would have just been an epilogue to finish Snyder’s Justice League universe.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    The "Snyder Cut" of BvS is much better. Like JL Cut though it's longer. But you should definitely check it out.
    Hmmm, I might have to. I was unimpressed with BvS. Not terrible by any means, but not really good either. Just kind of meh. I'm the Snyder version is better though.

I really wish they would scratch the whole thing, start over and do it right. A Superman/Doomsday film/saga done right has the potential to be a huge as big as any Marvel film prior to Infinity War, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Hmmm, I might have to. I was unimpressed with BvS. Not terrible by any means, but not really good either. Just kind of meh. I'm the Snyder version is better though.

I really wish they would scratch the whole thing, start over and do it right. A Superman/Doomsday film/saga done right has the potential to be a huge as big as any Marvel film prior to Infinity War, imo.
    Every Snyder fan says the same thing. "The movie was meh, but the Directors Cut is amazing." it's been said about every film of his. Literally. Which I get it, extended should be better. But I mean look at Lord of the Rings. The Theatrical Cut of those films are amazing films. The Director's cut (aka Extended edition) is even better. To me the clear issue with Snyder is he doesn't know how to direct or write a film. He crams too much **** into a film. I think he would actually do a great job writing a show like the Mandalorian. If Warner wanted to do a DCEU show I think he could be the guy for that.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Every Snyder fan says the same thing. "The movie was meh, but the Directors Cut is amazing." it's been said about every film of his. Literally. Which I get it, extended should be better. But I mean look at Lord of the Rings. The Theatrical Cut of those films are amazing films. The Director's cut (aka Extended edition) is even better. To me the clear issue with Snyder is he doesn't know how to direct or write a film. He crams too much **** into a film. I think he would actually do a great job writing a show like the Mandalorian. If Warner wanted to do a DCEU show I think he could be the guy for that.
    Problem is movie studios are too afraid of 3+ hour long movies.

It’s a numbers game now. The shorter the film the more times you can show it daily in a theater the more tickets you can sell. LOTR theatricals were long. ROTK was like 3:40.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I won't disagree with you that executives often stifle creativity, but it's often a known commodity, you have 2-2.5 hours to tell your film. And when I say that I'm not counting credits of course. With a few exceptions, that's about what you get. Anything more than that you're running huge risks.

But there are mediums that more easily support that. I feel like Netflix is a great medium because you can pause and resume as you need it. Limited TV series are great for that, look at that. Look at Tiger King or Last Dance, both of those would have suffered greatly with a healthy reduction in their content. Look at Chernobyl, that could have been a film, but it would have missed a lot.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    The smarter plan is obviously to break the story down into 2 movies, if your vision doesn't fit into 1. That way your movie has more depth and has the added benefit of generating more money with sequels. There is just no way you can cram a Doomsday storyline into half a movie, much less the ~20 minutes they gave it in BvS. Again, the plan I laid out would have been the most ideal. BvS sets ups Justice League. Justice League with Doomsday and Superman death, then next phase of DCEU with Flash movie and any new characters introduced from JL, Men of Steel with Superman resurrection/awakening which leads into Justice League 2 and Darkseid saga.

I get that they're wanting to do this alternate universe story arc. It's interesting and it helps to bring other characters from the DCEU all together. But it's pretty hard to follow since they don't really explain that at any given point.

Supposedly the Flash is gonna do a soft reboot on the DCEU universe. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. I'm guessing it will likely be similar to how X-3 basically forced Fox studios to create X-Men First Class and DOFP as a soft reboot of the X-Verse. X-3 was so terrible they really couldn't build off it, and a reboot with a few non-household name actors may not hold up well for the future of the franchise. Also Jackman, Stewart, and McKellan were just so iconic in their roles that fans may have rejected their replacements. So they rebooted it in a way to keep the original actors while still being able to stretch the franchise out to make more money. And the rebooted prequels all did pretty well in theaters and were solid movies overall (even Dark Phoenix was ok).

Too bad The Batman will be a stand alone saga. It looks very promising.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-30-2021 at 02:04 PM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    The smarter plan is obviously to break the story down into 2 movies, if your vision doesn't fit into 1. That way your movie has more depth and has the added benefit of generating more money with sequels. There is just no way you can cram a Doomsday storyline into half a movie, much less the ~20 minutes they gave it in BvS. Again, the plan I laid out would have been the most ideal. BvS sets ups Justice League. Justice League with Doomsday and Superman death, then next phase of DCEU with Flash movie and any new characters introduced from JL, Men of Steel with Superman resurrection/awakening which leads into Justice League 2 and Darkseid saga.

I get that they're wanting to do this alternate universe story arc. It's interesting and it helps to bring other characters from the DCEU all together. But it's pretty hard to follow since they don't really explain that at any given point.

Supposedly the Flash is gonna do a soft reboot on the DCEU universe. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. I'm guessing it will likely be similar to how X-3 basically forced Fox studios to create X-Men First Class and DOFP as a soft reboot of the X-Verse. X-3 was so terrible they really couldn't build off it, and a reboot with a few non-household name actors may not hold up well for the future of the franchise. Alos, Jackman, Stewart, and McKellan were just so iconic in their roles that fans may have rejected their replacements. So they rebooted it in a way to keep the original actors while still being able to stretch the franchise out to make more money. And the rebooted prequels all did pretty well in theaters and were solid movies overall (even Dark Phoenix was ok).

Too bad The Batman will be a stand alone saga. It looks very promising.
    flash is supposedly supposed to wipe out Batfleck timeline to make the Pattinson timeline part of the DCEU
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    flash is supposedly supposed to wipe out Batfleck timeline to make the Pattinson timeline part of the DCEU
    Everything I've read is that The Batman isn't going to be part of the DCEU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Everything I've read is that The Batman isn't going to be part of the DCEU.
    That's what I heard. It's like the Joker movie. Which isn't really a smart choice IMO for Warner. But I think they need a real solid reboot of DCEU, where they have a Feige type to keep the overall story going and continuity sound. I think it wouldn't need much of a reboot, but just a soft reboot. Like using the flash as was rumored or Black Adam could be used. I don't think they need to recast anyone, just change the story events. Though I assume Affleck would be out.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Affleck was always a bad choice, imo. Not because he isn't a good actor or wouldn't portray Batman well. He's just too old to build a franchise off of.

It's the same reason I don't want Edris Alba as the next James Bond. Even though he's an amazing actor and I think he would do a kickass job, he's already 48, so he could maybe do 2 movies max if they started shooting this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Affleck was always a bad choice, imo. Not because he isn't a good actor or wouldn't portray Batman well. He's just too old to build a franchise off of.

It's the same reason I don't want Edris Alba as the next James Bond. Even though he's an amazing actor and I think he would do a kickass job, he's already 48, so he could maybe do 2 movies max if they started shooting this year.
    To be fair, Roger Moore was the same age when he started as Idris.

But I largely agree. Idris would be a hell of a Bond, but it would be for like 3-4 films at the most. I would love John Boyega to be Bond, I think he would do a great job. But I'd also be the dick to change 007 to a female and have someone like Jessica Henwick, Naomi Scott or Sophie Cookson as Jane Bond. All 3 of them have action movie/show creds (Henwick has Iron Fist and Game of Thrones, Scott was the Pink Power Ranger in that reboot, and Cookson was Roxy in Kingsman) but I don't think they'd go that route. I think they'll mainly just go younger so Boyega or Aaron Taylor-Johnson would be more likely picks. Though I'm sure they want Holland.

I would be fine with Affleck if the plan was to move him along to like a Batman Beyond type or even not going that route, he already has Jean-Paul Valley as Azrael who takes over the mantle for him.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Moore's version of Bond was campy, but more cultured. That version of Bond wasn't much of an action star. He certainly wouldn't fit into what Bond has evolved into currently, which is a more of an edgy, play by my own set of rules, high octane spy.

That being said, Edris is a good action star, I just question whether he could play Bond for more than 2 movies. He's likely be 54-55 (or older) by the time his 3rd film would be filming.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-31-2021 at 11:36 AM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Affleck was purposely casted as a grizzled vet Batman who'd been doing this for decades. Snyder never planned his DCEU to go for as long as the MCU has been continued by Feige. Snyder wanted to do 5 movies, with some side movies by others like WW and Aquaman to build off his. But his whole movie arc was intended to be Man of Steel, BvS, JL, MoS2, and JL 2/3.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Watched Bad Trip. If you like Eric Andre, it's some of his best work. His physical humor is top notch. I watched a youtube video and originally Tiffany Haddish wasn't in it. she came in later and man it's great she did, because she was legit amazing in it. The zoo bit was too freaking good. But the end of the movie where they showed the reveal had maybe my favorite moment with Tiffany Haddish calling this lady out for just watching and eating mexican while Eric Andre was handing from the roof. Also there were so many nice people to Eric Andre, they got their chance to shine in the reveals. I think overall they made a high quality practical joke film.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Got baked and watched Godzilla vs. Kong, it's so stupid it's good. I like how they just embrace the absurdity of the world, hollow earth, Titans, so good.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Started watching Kong vs Zilla last night but feel asleep about 20 minutes into it. That isn't a slight to the movie, I'm just getting ol and have a toddler, so it's hard to stay up past 10:30 anymore The Monster-verse
    movies have huge plot holes, but if you take them for what they are, they're very enjoyable.

Just watched I Care A Lot, on Netflix. I found it really good. It's strange to find yourself rooting for a Russian mobster who deals in human trafficking, but this film does a good job of setting up that very thing.