Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1912

Thread: Movie Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    The clips below are both scenes where the Magneto and Scarlett Witch turn the guns on other people. And there are a bunch of other Magneto connections in the series. I just think it's all too convenient.

Last edited by Carp; 02-10-2021 at 12:00 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    I think last episode all but confirmed that Agnes is Agatha Harkness. The cat references, plus the commercial from early in the season all suggest this. After watching more videos and doing some reading, I also think that anything Spiderman related is super unlikely to show up, since Sony still owns those rights.

That leaves Fantastic 4 and X-men as the most likely crossovers/introductions.

Considering this is based largely around the comic series "House of M", the X-Men have the obvious tie in. Also, Days of Future Past takes quite a bit of inspiration from this comic as well. The timelines also matchup. I think there are just too many connections for the special cameo not to be one of Professor X, Magneto, or Wolverine. In the comic, Professor is the one holding back Scarlett Witch's powers, so he makes a lot of sense here. However, Wolverine is largely the main character in the series. Magneto's tie ins are obvious.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see all 3, given how important they each are to the story line arc in the comics.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-10-2021 at 01:28 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    Also, I think last episode all but confirmed that Agnes is Agatha Harkness. From the cat references, to the commercial from early in the season, to the previews of her in a witch costume. All of this suggest it.

After watching more videos and doing some reading, I also think that anything Spiderman related is super unlikely to show up, since Sony still owns those rights.

That leaves Fantastic 4 and X-men as the most likely crossovers/introductions.

Considering this is based largely around the comic series "House of M", the X-Men have the obvious tie in. Also, Days of Future Past seems to take some inspiration from this comic as well, but I am not sure about that. Either way, the timelines match up. I just think there are just too many connections for the special cameo not to be one of Professor X, Magneto, or Wolverine. In the comic, Professor is the one holding back Scarlett Witch's powers, so he makes a lot of sense here. However, Wolverine is largely the main character in the series. Magneto's tie ins are obvious.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see all 3, given how important they each are to the story line arc in the comics.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    I'm just not in love with bringing Magneto back. If they pull it off interestingly I'm OK with it. But being real, bringing Quicksilver makes sense, Wanda wished her brother back, and you cannot bring people back from the dead, so they pulled Quicksilver from a different reality. But in this world, Magneto wasn't her father, so pulling him in doesn't really make sense. Like just pulling people in who don't have a connection to Wanda doesn't make a ton of sense. I mean they could pull it off but it doesn't seem super logical.

I think Reed Richards being played by kind of a big actor would be a huge thing. Like imagine if you would that we get like a Leo DeCaprio as your Reed Richards. That would be huge.

Or the big one was Evan Peters and we're thinking this over too much.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    There is the possibility that Magneto is her father in the MCU as well, he just isn't powered since mutants aren't a thing yet. In the comics their parents were originally the Maximoffs, but it was later revealed that they were the children of Magneto. So they could use the same story arc here.

Someone also pointed out that Jimmy Woo says she was born in 1989 in Episode 5, but when you pause the clip when it is showing her profile on the screen, the DOB clearly shows 1988. Now perhaps this was just an error that slipped through post-production and didn't get fixed. It certainly would be odd that Jimmy Woo would get the DOB wrong when it's right on the screen in front of him. But perhaps this is one of the subtle ways Marvel is tying in the Magneto story line. That other people inside SWORD (or other agencies) are aware that Wanda and Pietro were not born in 1989 to the Maximoffs, but actually in 1988 to Erik Lehnsherr and Magda Eisenhardt. I lean to this just being a production error though.

There is also the fact that if Wanda did in fact pull a completely different Quicksilver from another universe to replace her dead brother, she could just as easily pull a different mother and father from that universe as well to replace her dead parents.

Honestly though, I'm starting to lean that Quicksilver isn't really Quicksilver at all. I think it's either Nightmare, Mephisto, or may be even Agatha Harkness that is projecting themselves as Quicksilver to keep Wanda in this reality. Evan Peters reprising the Quicksilver role is may be a subtle nod to how sitcoms like to re-cast characters at times with someone else, and also serves to throw-off the viewers, setting up a larger twist later in the season.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-11-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You're not wrong, we won't know. We have 4 more episodes left, What will happen in those 4 episodes we'll have to find out. I'm guessing episode 6 will set up the last 3 pretty heavily assuming the show sticks to the traditional 3 act structure with each trio of episodes acting as an act which they largely have so far as the end of Episode 3 very much was like an end of an act with the next act set up.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I agree. This next episode should bring a lot of stuff to light as it sets up the last 3 episodes.

The next question would be, is this just a one off series? It is getting fantastic reviews. I don't even know how they would set up a season 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I thnik it will be simply because of how big of a star Elizabeth Olson is. I mean she could be down with it. It depends on what her contract looks like if she's stuck or not. I agree that Disney+ Series seems to be highly popular and is getting tons of positive press. I think this is the first testing for it's viability. We know that Avengers films are box office smashes, since the OG Avengers film, no MCU film has grossed under 500M globally. How much of that can be recouped in a TV show, that's the question for if we'll see tons of these shows and sequels going forward. What I think this does give us a hell of a shot is to flesh out the more minor characters.

I'd love to see a Howling Commandos post WWII series, a series about the Collector, the Mid Credit Ravagers from GotG2, etc. I think it will also serve as the main medium of the X-Men. As it's almost impossible to develop and feature so many characters but if you stick the films to developing the big ones and have the lesser mutants hashed out in TV shows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    This episode threw some theory wrenches into my theory. Mainly that there were no kids and the Agnes thing, I don't know if that was all fake to play with Vision or not. But it looks like we've set up Monica Rambeau's turn into Spectrum/Photon. The show is teetering between making Wanda the villain and the victim that it's hard to digest everything. I think episode 7 will set up the finale. The huge turn against S.W.O.R.D is interesting, mainly we need to know what CATARACT is. What's weird is that we saw a cataract in the dead people like VIsion and Quicksilver

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    I think cataract has to do with something (or someone) inside the Hex that Wanda can't see for whatever reason. It's how Hayward is able to keep tabs on Vision and everyone in the town. In medicine, a symptom of cataracts is actually double vision so perhaps there are two Visions somehow? Seems flimsy, but it's a theory.

As a lot of people have already mentioned online, the theater marquee sign listed The Incredibles was now playing. That movie is a homage to the Fantastic Four, so it could lend to your theory. But it also sort of mirrors Wanda's family as well, so I don't know what to make of that yet.

I don't think the Agnes angle has changed. Maybe Wanda got more powerful than Agnes anticipated and Wanda is controlling her too. But there are just too many Easter eggs and hints for her not to be Agatha Harkness. Maybe Marvel studios is just playing us, but I don't think so.

The obvious subtle nods to the villain were when they mentioned Nightmare. Both Hayward and Pietro reference this word. And while this is a stretch, the camera lingered on one of the blowup ghosts for a couple seconds and it certainly had similar appearance to some of the comic versions of Nightmare. When Wanda blasted Peitro you can notice the green shapes on the side of the buildings, which you could just chalk up to Halloween projector displays, but it could also be a sign of Nightmare's energy. Again, both items seem like a stretch, but Marvel is obviously known for being very particular about the details, as we've already seen throughout the season.

3 episodes left so the 3rd act is shaping up to be pretty epic.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-16-2021 at 04:28 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Spoiler: 
    So we keep seeing on the previews that Wanda is trying to bring the Mind stone back. It's worth nothing that the mind stone in Vision's head remained completely intact when Vision exited the Hex. Maybe she successfully recreated it with the help of Mephisto/Agnes/whoever the villain is. It's worth nothing that didn't actually say thay he destroyed the infinity stone. He says he reduced the stones to atoms. Even the Russo's mentioned that the they still present in the universe, they just aren't in a state where they can be wielded. Perhaps Wanda's connection to the Mind stone combined with power being fed to her by Mephisto or Agatha Harness, has allowed her to regenerate the time stone from atoms?

Or maybe she has pulled the infinity stone from a different a universe, which has opened the multiverse? Seems like likely, but it's a theory.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-16-2021 at 04:45 PM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    That cruella movie Looks pretty decent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Icarus was great.

Gonna try his new one Dissident as well
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Wandavision ep 7 below

Spoiler: 
    So most of my original thoughts were right. The Halloween episode was just a throw you off the scent episode. Question is will there be a bigger villain than Agatha. Personally I think from the theme this was the best episode. They did an amazing job making Elizabeth Olson look and act like Julie Bowen in modern family. I think this will lead to Nightmare or Mephisto, which will lead this to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The social dilemma was pretty shocking

Lot of sheeple out there
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    The social dilemma was pretty shocking

Lot of sheeple out there
    People believing the Social Dilemma is realistic are sheep.

Facebook is the devil though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The big rumor is J-Law will be Sue Storm. I find that interesting. I didn't think she'd be in another Super Hero Franchise after her miserable X-Men performances where she didn't seem to have fun, which is fair because they butchered Mystique.

Also I thought they'd be going a bit older. Hence the John Krazinski and Emily Blunt who trend a bit older (not that they are old, just nearly 40 plays different than 30)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    The big rumor is J-Law will be Sue Storm. I find that interesting. I didn't think she'd be in another Super Hero Franchise after her miserable X-Men performances where she didn't seem to have fun, which is fair because they butchered Mystique.

Also I thought they'd be going a bit older. Hence the John Krazinski and Emily Blunt who trend a bit older (not that they are old, just nearly 40 plays different than 30)
    I hope they opt for a better actress than Jennifer Lawrence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I hope they opt for a better actress than Jennifer Lawrence.
    Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress. As long as she doesn't have to do a Russian Accent.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress. As long as she doesn't have to do a Russian Accent.
    Never been a fan to be honest. And the reason they butchered Mystique is because it's a side character given a prominent role due to who was playing her.