Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1911

Thread: Movie Thread

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Anyone else seeing the Avengers this weekend? I've got IMAX tickets for Friday and can't remember having more excitement/anticipation for a movie. Looks like I'm not alone either - I've seen it being projected as having the highest opening weekend in history.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    Anyone else seeing the Avengers this weekend? I've got IMAX tickets for Friday and can't remember having more excitement/anticipation for a movie. Looks like I'm not alone either - I've seen it being projected as having the highest opening weekend in history.
    Going Thursday night. Can't wait.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    The Death of Stalin is a real treat. Dark humor at its best.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-25-2018), The Chosen One (04-25-2018)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    The Death of Stalin is a real treat. Dark humor at its best.
    I just about lost it when they were indicting and sentencing Beria and announcing all the charges and accusations.
    Forever Fredi

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Going Thursday night. Can't wait.
    really good movie

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    really good movie
    Tremendous movie - everything i was hoping for - cannot wait until #4 next May

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Infinity War opened to $258 million. Set a new opening weekend record. Incredible.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Infinity War is legit my favorite superhero movie all time. Surpassing my 3 favorites Batman, Superman II, and Dark Knight.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/241...the-box-office

Avengers: Infinity War has only been out for two weekends, but it is clear the movie is dominating globally. The most recent stats indicate Avengers: Infinity War has already made $461.4 million domestically and $737.5 million internationally. If you are any good at doing math in your head, that means it has blown well past the $1 billion dollar mark. At $1,198,890,925 from the latest released numbers, the movie is already looking toward the $1.5 billion mark. But can it hit $2 billion before the end of its theatrical run?

To be specific, few movies have ever made $2 billion dollars at the worldwide box office. Movies like Avatar and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ended up with a little over $2 billion at the end of their respective runs. Another movie, Titanic, made $1.8 million at the box office and ended up grossing over $2 billion after other sales. However,the top-grossing summer title is currently Jurassic World, which only made 1.67 billion at the box office. Since Avengers: Infinity War pushed up its release date from May to the end of April, I'm not sure we can totally count it as a summer title, but it is certainly the movie that is really kicking off the summer season this year. (Although Black Panther, Rampage and Ready Player One all did well internationally earlier this year, as well.)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    No trips to the multiplex this summer for anyone? I know the Braves have been entertaining, but hey. Some that I have seen and would recommend. Damsel with Pattinson and Wasikowska is awesome. I think that's coming out on DVD in the next couple of weeks. Operation Finale was well-acted with Isaac and Kingsley both doing a great job. The Wife was pretty good although it will be interesting to see a similar tale told in the upcoming Colette. Saw BlackkKlansman today and it's Lee's best in years. Topher Grace is an awesome David Duke

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    No trips to the multiplex this summer for anyone? I know the Braves have been entertaining, but hey. Some that I have seen and would recommend. Damsel with Pattinson and Wasikowska is awesome. I think that's coming out on DVD in the next couple of weeks. Operation Finale was well-acted with Isaac and Kingsley both doing a great job. The Wife was pretty good although it will be interesting to see a similar tale told in the upcoming Colette. Saw BlackkKlansman today and it's Lee's best in years. Topher Grace is an awesome David Duke
    I have seen a lot of moives this year. But I've been so busy traveling with work that I haven't gone as much as I'd like. I have to admit, being in Seattle so much since June that I've been spoiled with all the independent films that get released here.

On the top of my head this summer...

Jurassic World II
    Ocean's 8
    Sicario 2
    Ant Man Wasp
    Disobedience
    Leave No Trace
    Mr. Rogers Doc
    Hereditary
    BlacKKKlansman
    Sorry To Bother You
    The Meg
    Three Identical Strangers
    RBG
    American Animals
    Christopher Robin
    360 Days (Wrestling Documentary)
    BuyBust
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    While it wasn't a summer blockbuster, I really enjoyed Ready Player One. Such a fun movie, even if it was full of plot holes.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    I have seen a lot of moives this year. But I've been so busy traveling with work that I haven't gone as much as I'd like. I have to admit, being in Seattle so much since June that I've been spoiled with all the independent films that get released here.

On the top of my head this summer...

Jurassic World II
    Ocean's 8

Sicario 2
    Ant Man Wasp
    Disobedience
    Leave No Trace
    Mr. Rogers Doc
    Hereditary
    BlacKKKlansman
    Sorry To Bother You
    The Meg
    Three Identical Strangers
    RBG
    American Animals
    Christopher Robin
    360 Days (Wrestling Documentary)
    BuyBust
    I saw the ones in bold as well. I'm going to rent Hereditary on Amazon Prime. I actually paid to see Happytown Murders, which was pretty bad (although not as bad as some of the reviewers have made it out to be). It's R-rated for a number of reasons and it reminded me a lot of the off-color animation of the 1970s. One of those movies where the crew was obviously having a lot of fun, but the premise and writing are so lame it really doesn't go anywhere. Great puppet sex scene though.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Saw Venom last night and, boy, it was rough. Couldn't get a read on the Eddie Brock character - was he a successful reporter or a bumbling idiot? Seemed like he was both which was very confusing. The Villain really had no build up and was barely on the screen. Seemed like the script was quickly thrown together to take advantage of the super-hero craze.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    Saw Venom last night and, boy, it was rough. Couldn't get a read on the Eddie Brock character - was he a successful reporter or a bumbling idiot? Seemed like he was both which was very confusing. The Villain really had no build up and was barely on the screen. Seemed like the script was quickly thrown together to take advantage of the super-hero craze.
    Sony made it. What else would you expect.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Saw Halloween II and it just wasn't as solid as a follow-up to the story of 40 years ago. Jamie Lee Curtis is very good and the supporting cast is fine. Brightest spot is that Danny McBride was one of the co-screenwriters and you can really pick out a lot of the bits he wrote. Love that guy's sense of humor.

Also saw Bad Times at the El Royale and that is a very interesting movie. Not at all what I thought it would be and the last half hour really takes some wild turns.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    No one seeing any movies?

Saw The Favourite last weekend. Dark, dark humor with splendid performances from Olivia Colman, Rachel Weisz, and Emma Stone. If Colman isn't nominated in one of the best acting categories, the awards system should just be junked. She's been a solid supporting player in both movies and a lot of British television and she is phenomenal as Queen Anne. Stone and Weisz are excellent, but Colman is a cut above.

I watched First Reformed on Amazon Prime the other day and while it is difficult to say it was an enjoyable experience, it's a very heady meditation on a lot of issues and Ethan Hawke does very well in the main role. Paul Schrader can create these tortured characters that are painful to watch (see Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver as an example) and it's probably a challenge for an actor to portray that complexity without becoming tirelessly maudlin.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Honestly I haven't been to the theater in months. Saw Bohemian Rhapsody and that was about it for months. Up here we have a little 2 cinema theater and have mainly been getting junk since the summer ended. Right now the current movies and upcoming movies the only one I'm interested in is Creed II. And honestly I think that only was secretly added because whatever else they were showing was garbage. Everything else has been garbage. It's been a lot of bad family movies mixed in with RomComs.

I want to see a few things, that are out or coming out before Christmas, I have to catch one in new jersey. Spider Man: Into the Spiderverse being the main one.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    That Sci-Fi movie Prospect looked pretty good. Unfortunately it came out early November but a limited release

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Heard the Regal cinemas monthly movie pass should come out first quarter of ‘19. As long as it’s no more than $19.99 a month it should be a steal