Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debate #2

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I assume that she is thinking that she doesn't have to extend herself in order to win, so she played it safe tonight.

That said, she missed a lot of chances to score points, and she let him challenge her on areas where she is weak. I'm not prepared to say that she lost, but she sure as hell didn't win.

Her only saving grace is that he didn't persuasively attack her. If pressed I'd score it a narrow win for Trump, but not one that moves the electoral needle at all. I assume that is because her campaign is now just running out the clock, feeling certain that the math is in their favor.

I feel like she completely beefed the question of Muslims in America. A more skilled communicator would've knocked that one the **** out of the park.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I thought he should've hammered Hillary more on Bill's sexual assaults and her role in covering them up. She refused to acknowledge them, in essence, covering them up again.
    He probably could have hammered the point home a little more, but then he ran the risk of her really punching back at him about his own checkered past. I think he was pretty effective at pointing out how she has a long and distinguished history of talking out of both sides of her mouth. Which is pretty much 95+ percent of politicians.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I assume that she is thinking that she doesn't have to extend herself in order to win, so she played it safe tonight.

That said, she missed a lot of chances to score points, and she let him challenge her on areas where she is weak. I'm not prepared to say that she lost, but she sure as hell didn't win.

Her only saving grace is that he didn't persuasively attack her. If pressed I'd score it a narrow win for Trump, but not one that moves the electoral needle at all. I assume that is because her campaign is now just running out the clock, feeling certain that the math is in their favor.

I feel like she completely beefed the question of Muslims in America. A more skilled communicator would've knocked that one the **** out of the park.
    First of all, it's extent. There are rules in this community.

Secondly, it's hard to imagine anything at this point anything moving the needle unless it comes out he is Jerry Sandusky Part 2. So much has happened and been said. There's virtually no way anyone supporting her will go to him, and anyone supporting him who gets drawn away will just stay home. If there's anyone genuinely undecided between them (other than the picking the lesser of two evils thing), I'd love to meet them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Trump threatened a political opponent with prison.
    Pretty much the alpha and omega

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Go to Hillary.com to fact check this thread.
    thank you weso1!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (10-10-2016), Hawk (10-09-2016), The Chosen One (10-09-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I think it's over barring something crazy. He won the debate, but that only means he'll hold onto Georgia, Ohio and North Carolina. He's done when it comes the Hillary leaning states which he has to win one of those.
    We've thought that before though. In this age of zombie apocalypse movies everywhere you turn, Trump is creating his own version. He just won't stay dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Trump threatened a political opponent with prison.
    Pretty much the alpha and omega
    I've been wanting her to say the same thing to him since he has so much mounting litigation ahead of him, but she is right to not say anything publicly about it.

She may not have won this battle but she knows she is winning the war, so was smart to not get into a catfight with him.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I've been wanting her to say the same thing to him since he has so much mounting litigation ahead of him, but she is right to not say anything publicly about it.

She may not have won this battle but she knows she is winning the war, so was smart to not get into a catfight with him.
    You a football fan Runnin? What happens most of the time when a team that's ahead goes into the prevent defense a little too soon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    You a football fan Runnin? What happens most of the time when a team that's ahead goes into the prevent defense a little too soon?
    Yeah, but this aint football. We're almost to the 2 minute warning and she's up a few touchdowns (electorally speaking).

If it were I'd be much more confident. Trump fumbles at will and gets called for a personal foul every other play. Hillary is sticking to the running game and using up the clock.

If Trump were to score a few times she could change her strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    We've thought that before though. In this age of zombie apocalypse movies everywhere you turn, Trump is creating his own version. He just won't stay dead.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    I thought he should've hammered Hillary more on Bill's sexual assaults and her role in covering them up. She refused to acknowledge them, in essence, covering them up again.
    Agreed

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

APB out on this bus, which ran over Mike Pence.

I only watched the last half hour, so I didn't get the whole thing, but I didn't see a triumphant Trump. All he accomplished was working to keep his base firm. He needs to firm up his base to quell calls for his ouster. Everything that came out of his mouth was a polled talking point on her perceived weaknesses (in fairness, much of what came out of her mouth was the result of her polls). I saw no outreach to independent voters at all. Further, he strayed from nearly every question to circle back to an unrelated stab at Hillary. Sorry folks, that ain't debating.

Bob Schieffer summed it up for me. This whole campaign has been about "the other guy." To Hillary's credit--agree with her policies or not--she at least has a platform with some well-developed thought involved. I thought Trump's answers on ISIS bordered on the ridiculous. He seems to think we're in a metaphorical sandbox with toy soldiers. Of course, he did go to military school and that (in his mind) probably makes him smarter than most of the generals.

I don't think Bill's behavior affects Hillary at all in this election and Trump knows that. Unless there is a smoking penis, she comes off as a sympathetic figure who stood by her man through the travails. Believe me, if there were anything there, Trump would have ramped it up in the debate, especially after the tawdry press conference prior to the event.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 10-10-2016 at 07:14 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (10-10-2016), DaneHill (10-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Go to Hillary.com to fact check this thread.
    My God, did she plug that website. In essence, I really can't think of anything good here, but I have people who think for me on my site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    My God, did she plug that website. In essence, I really can't think of anything good here, but I have people who think for me on my site
    The cul de sac that gave us a Trump candidacy is -- take HRC Energy Policy for example === can not be explained in the 2 minutes allowed in debate format.

She is asking the voter to, you know, become informed
    on the issues and the candidates stances.

So yeah, she pointed voters to the website
    that explains her positions

Last edited by 57Brave; 10-10-2016 at 09:02 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Warren Buffett to trump: Na, bro.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (10-10-2016), goldfly (10-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    But trump is just smart, whereas Buffett is an idiot, clearly.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-10-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Anyone that scores last night as a win for DJT is clearly grading on the Donald scale.

He was horrible, unhinged, and racist. He had an opportunity to show character and contrition and he instead chose to rely on sexist culture as an excuse for his clearly wrong behavior.

I hate Hilary, but Donald embarassed himself last night. Anyone that votes for him in the name of toeing party lines should be absolutely ashamed.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (10-11-2016), goldfly (10-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Anyone that scores last night as a win for DJT is clearly grading on the Donald scale.

He was horrible, unhinged, and racist. He had an opportunity to show character and contrition and he instead chose to rely on sexist culture as an excuse for his clearly wrong behavior.

I hate Hilary, but Donald embarassed himself last night. Anyone that votes for him in the name of toeing party lines should be absolutely ashamed.
    Kinda like Colin Powell had a personal email account also?

I'm no trump fan, but Hillary is complete garbage as a candidate also. The best thing that can happen in this election is a 269 tie and the house pick someone not on the ballot

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Is this the only ammo left that people have against Hillary? Sheesh.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (10-10-2016)