User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92

Thread: Why does Russia want The Rump to be POTUS so badly?

  1. #61
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20,429
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked 7,316 Times in 4,545 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yes. I was genuinely asking you the question and I accept your answer. I haven't been following it outside.of this thread so I trust you.
    Ok. I accept that I may have misinterpreted an honest question on your part as another incident of willful obtuseness. I don't claim that my willful obtuseness radar is infallible.

    But it is pretty good!
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  2. #62
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,897
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,368 Times in 4,883 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm fine accepting that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to expose DNC.

    I don't know why I am supposed to get really angry about it. If Trump worked directly with them to do it? Sure. If the data was all lies? Sure.

    This isn't about evidence at all. This is about
    why I should care about someone saying our government is corrupt.

    Why do you care?
    This is the entirety of the point I was making. Thank you for repeating it for clarity’s sake. Six months ago you were all about evidence, and the lack thereof. Implying that you are persuadable by evidence, when you clearly are not, despite your man-of-reason persona.

    As for this being about why you should care that the government is corrupt, I dunno. I don’t think that’s what “this” is about for anyone but you. But that seems to be a weird take for someone who is so often rigorously asserting the primacy of the Constitution and splitting hairs about legality. So help me understand when the law is important and when it’s not?

  3. #63
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    This is the entirety of the point I was making. Thank you for repeating it for clarity’s sake. Six months ago you were all about evidence, and the lack thereof. Implying that you are persuadable by evidence, when you clearly are not, despite your man-of-reason persona.

    As for this being about why you should care that the government is corrupt, I dunno. I don’t think that’s what “this” is about for anyone but you. But that seems to be a weird take for someone who is so often rigorously asserting the primacy of the Constitution and splitting hairs about legality. So help me understand when the law is important and when it’s not?
    I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

    From the beginning I've contended there's no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia to alter our election. If Meuller can prove this is wrong, I very much hope Trump is impeached and goes to prison.

    There appears to be evidence that Russia worked with wikileaks to hack release damaging DNC emails. I've never been bothered by this... I celebrated the wikileaks release from the getgo, and I really don't care who is behind it because it showed the American people what our government is about.

    To the question why Russia wanted Trump? I can think of a ton of different reasons - not the least of which is a President more willing for diplomatic relationships rather than default to war. I'm not hot and bothered by a foreign government having a preference of who leads USA. That will always be the case and I suspect each time they will try to influence their will to happen - just like we do.

    Again - I'm not clear what your point is. Evidence shows Russia worked with wikileaks to make the Ds look bad. OK... I'd rather our media had exposed it, but I'd rather wikileaks do it than it not be done.

  4. #64
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Ok. I accept that I may have misinterpreted an honest question on your part as another incident of willful obtuseness. I don't claim that my willful obtuseness radar is infallible.

    But it is pretty good!
    It's not uncommon on this board - especially recently - that you guys ignore what I literally write and then explain to others what you think I mean.

  5. #65
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,448 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Ok. I accept that I may have misinterpreted an honest question on your part as another incident of willful obtuseness. I don't claim that my willful obtuseness radar is infallible.

    But it is pretty good!
    You might also take note that I've gotten the message loud and clear that I've gone too far in the snarky and intellectually dishonest mode of arguing, so I'm working to approach things much more honestly going forward.

    You can assume moving forward that I'm approaching each discussion in good faith.

  6. #66
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,466
    Thanks
    4,335
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It's not so cut and dried.

    Has Russia been hacking? Yes. All over the world. Read yesterday that Russian hackers are being held responsible for attacks against TV5Monde in France - a hack so brutal that it almost took 10 cable channels off the air permanently. Why TV5Monde? British intelligence deduced, 'Because they can, they enjoy testing the waters and flexing their cyber-muscle.'

    So, yeah, I believe they are likely responsible for some of the information that Wikileaks has recently produced, but probably not all of it. Where I draw issue here is with the pejorative nature of claiming the hacks/leaks are 'influencing an election' ... especially when it is being conveniently framed to fit a ludicrous, conspiratorial narrative. If Russia is truly responsible, then Americans should be thanking the Kremlin for making the election process much more transparent that it has ever been before.

    For a nation that we supposedly 'crippled' with 'robust and effective' economic sanctions, the Russians have done a pretty good job of rubbing our faces in our own supposed moral authority and trouncing us at our own game in the Middle East.
    Guess this was too long to be a quotable quote.

  7. #67
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,466
    Thanks
    4,335
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Welcome to the ethernet, bro.

  8. #68
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,466
    Thanks
    4,335
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    a little intellectual honesty and even humility on the part of certain posters in this thread would not be inappropriate

    but i expect more feigned obtuseness and whataboutism instead
    You attempting to chide posters about intellectual honesty, especially in the context of this thread, is pretty hilarious.

  9. #69
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,210
    Thanks
    2,964
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You attempting to chide posters about intellectual honesty, especially in the context of this thread, is pretty hilarious.
    This isn't about Russia, per se, but it is a glimpse into how arrogant and indifferent Trump is to any rule of law. It's easy to see how he got entangled in this Russian mess. His administration was doomed for chaos and scandal from day one. Actually long before that.


    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/12/19/trump-foundation-dissolving-lawsuit-randi-kaye-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/



    "It found so little oversight on the foundation's spending that its board of directors hadn't even met since 1999 and the foundation's treasurer wasn't even aware he was on the board. And about that Tim Tebow helmet and artwork the foundation allegedly purchased, the N.Y. Attorney General is now saying The Trump Foundation will have to selloff its 3 physical possessions, including the Tim Tebow signed helmet and the 2 paintings of Trump himself. Trump reportedly paid $42,000 for them using foundation money and says they're now worth $975 combined, based on an IRS filing."

    That is hilarious.
    Last edited by Runnin; 12-19-2018 at 01:17 AM.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  10. #70
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,466
    Thanks
    4,335
    Thanked 4,301 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like a moth to light.

  11. #71
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20,429
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked 7,316 Times in 4,545 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You might also take note that I've gotten the message loud and clear that I've gone too far in the snarky and intellectually dishonest mode of arguing, so I'm working to approach things much more honestly going forward.

    You can assume moving forward that I'm approaching each discussion in good faith.
    I appreciate that.

  12. #72
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,026
    Thanks
    3,637
    Thanked 3,584 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It all happened in PRAGUE! PRAUGGGGGGE!
    Warm feelings guy!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

    Runnin (12-19-2018)

  14. #73
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,210
    Thanks
    2,964
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dermophis donaldtrumpi. New amphibian species named after the person elected by US people as president.

    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

    thethe (12-19-2018)

  16. #74
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,293
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good lord look who came out from under the bed !!!!!!!
    "Sergei with the screwdriver in the server room"

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

    thethe (12-19-2018)

  18. #75
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,026
    Thanks
    3,637
    Thanked 3,584 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    good lord look who came out from under the bed !!!!!!!
    I don't know - When I was told that all of this nefarious dealings originated in Prague and that was the lynch pin of the whole scheme and now that whole story is essentially revealed as fake (Hello Michael Isikoff) what am I supposed to believe?

    We are told that Trump indirectly worked with Putin by talking about Wikileaks. What was he supposed to do? Ignore damning material showing how truly corrupt the Democrats/left are? Come on now - If the shoe was on the other foot you would have jumped to promote that information.

    2.5+ years of investigation and still no REAL evidence of Russia/Trump collusion. When does it end?
    Warm feelings guy!

  19. #76
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,293
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty heavy question on so many levels
    "when does it end?"

    didn't know you were interested in mid 20th century existentialism.
    Perhaps you and Tikiboi can share a late night pizza ...
    "Sergei with the screwdriver in the server room"

  20. #77
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,026
    Thanks
    3,637
    Thanked 3,584 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    pretty heavy question on so many levels
    "when does it end?"

    didn't know you were interested in mid 20th century existentialism.
    Perhaps you and Tikiboi can share a late night pizza ...
    Many months later and you're still the same in your responses.

    How many times did you reference stories about the infamous Prague trip? When do you stop feeling duped (like I feel with the Wall not getting built)?
    Warm feelings guy!

  21. #78
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,293
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Prague trip is one tiny grain of sand on the beach.
    So far most if not all of Steele Dossier has been verified

    Having said that Cohen and his implications in Russia Investigation (Mueller) haven't begun.


    All of his released for public court(ing) has involved SDNY to this point.
    We dont know yet
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-19-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    "Sergei with the screwdriver in the server room"

  22. #79
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,026
    Thanks
    3,637
    Thanked 3,584 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    the Prague trip is one tiny grain of sand on the beach.
    So far most if not all of Steele Dossier has been verified

    Having said that Cohen and his implications in Russia Investigation (Mueller) haven't begun.


    All of his released for public court(ing) has involved SDNY to this point.
    We dont know yet
    Most? Most?

    Come on now - The biggest pieces of the Dossier have proven to be false. I'm glad they accurately told a story about the weather.

    There is so much to hammer Trump about and you guys focus on a fake issue. Its baffling.
    Warm feelings guy!

  23. #80
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,005
    Thanks
    2,589
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you watch RT you would know the answer.....
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •