Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why does Russia want The Rump to be POTUS so badly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The gullibility here is so tragic.
    precious
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Treasonous I tell you! Treasonous!
    you do have a point there

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    For anybody interested, we're under cyberattack right now.
    now too

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.9269c85bdded

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    a little intellectual honesty and even humility on the part of certain posters in this thread would not be inappropriate

but i expect more feigned obtuseness and whataboutism instead

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Oh... you mean the government got exposed of corruption from wikileaks, and so they blame Russia - and I'm supposed to believe them? Remember the corruption they were just exposed of?

LOL
    hmmm...any part of this you care to reconsider?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hardball
    ‏Verified account @hardball

In 2016, Trump thanked African Americans for not voting. We now know that suppressing the African American vote was a part of Russia's disinformation campaign.

https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch...m_npd_ms_tw_hb

"what propaganda ?"

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-18-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    hmmm...any part of this you care to reconsider?
    I've stopped paying attention to "RUSSIA" but maybe you can give me the cliff notes of what I need to evaluate.

1. Is there proof that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to release the DNC emails? If so, am I supposed to ignore how corrupt the DNC is?

2. Am I supposed to care about targeted Facebook ads? Are they going to make me suddenly change for a high tax progressive to MAGA man?

Haven't you defended the US interfering with elections in the past? Why am I supposed to care another country tries it to us?

3. Is there any proof Trump colluded with Russia to do this? If so why is he still President?

4. I'm having trouble squaring the narrative of "Trump had no interest in winning and that's why he had so many corrupt deals going on," and "Trump committed treason to try to win"

I'm looking forward to when Mueller takes Trump down for collusion. Gotta be any day now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I've stopped paying attention to "RUSSIA" but maybe you can give me the cliff notes of what I need to evaluate.

1. Is there proof that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to release the DNC emails? If so, am I supposed to ignore how corrupt the DNC is?

2. Am I supposed to care about targeted Facebook ads? Are they going to make me suddenly change for a high tax progressive to MAGA man?

Haven't you defended the US interfering with elections in the past? Why am I supposed to care another country tries it to us?

3. Is there any proof Trump colluded with Russia to do this? If so why is he still President?

4. I'm having trouble squaring the narrative of "Trump had no interest in winning and that's why he had so many corrupt deals going on," and "Trump committed treason to try to win"

I'm looking forward to when Mueller takes Trump down for collusion. Gotta be any day now
    what propaganda ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

pretty much what i expected

but to answer the first question you raise, yes GRU was the hacker and the party that provided WikiLeaks with the emails...but i understand you are too busy to keep up with such details...not that facts and details are things to consider when pushing your preferred narrative (as we well know from the gun death and gun ownership discussion)
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-18-2018 at 03:58 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    pretty much what i expected

but to answer the first question you raise, yes GRU was the hacker and the party that provided WikiLeaks with the emails...but i understand you are too busy to keep up with such details...not that facts and details are things to consider when pushing your preferred narrative
    Let's have a dialogue here...am I supposed to discredit the content in the findings?

I don't see why I should.

Should the wives who found out their husbands were cheating on them from the Ashley Madison breach ignore what was exposed?

Am I supposed to be surprised that a foreign power is trying to influence things? Haven't you defended us for doing the same thing?

Is there any evidence that Trump was involved?

Do you have any thoughts on my other questions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Should the wives who found out their husbands were cheating on them from the Ashley Madison breach ignore what was exposed?
    Since you asked so nicely for a dialogue and since this question is so germane to the conversation, I think wives who come upon this information should look at it as an opportunity to have a serious conversation with their husbands. I had a mixup due to poor communication with my wife last night and we were able to use it as an opportunity to clarify a few things.

btw well done with the whataboutism and willful obtuseness...you never disappoint on those scores

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Since you asked so nicely for a dialogue and since this question is so germane to the conversation, I think wives who come upon this information should look at it as an opportunity to have a serious conversation with their husbands. I had a mixup due to poor communication with my wife last night and we were able to use it as an opportunity to clarify a few things.

btw well done with the whataboutism and willful obtuseness...you never disappoint on those scores
    You've yet to answer my question as to why I should care about Russia or WikiLeaks or whomever exposing the corruption of our government. I frankly celebrate it and wish our media did it's job. Please explain to me why my thinking is wrong there.

You've not yet answered my question as to whether Trump was involved. If there is proof he was, why hasn't he been taken down?

Finally, you've not yet answered why I should be surprised that a foreign government tries to influence our government. I assume they all do it... Is that a bad assumption?

I'm trying to engage with some substance here and so far you've declined twice. All you've said is im supposed to be outraged that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to expose corruption in the US government.

You're free to continue with "willfull obtuseness" mocking, but so far you won't have any type of discussion as to why you're so bothered by the wikileaks exposure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    You've yet to answer my question as to why I should care about Russia or WikiLeaks or whomever exposing the corruption of our government.
    To be honest it is none of my business whether you care about such matters. That's for you to decide, and it is not something I want to weigh in on. Your participation in these discussion threads does suggest you have an active interest in the topics being discussed. From your posts, it might even be possible to infer you have a point of view that you are actively promoting. But perhaps I am mistaken.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-18-2018 at 04:21 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    To be honest it is none of my business whether you care about such matters. That's for you to decide, and it is not something I want to weigh in on. Your participation in these discussion threads does suggest you have an active interest in the topics being discussed. From your posts, it might even be possible to infer you have a point of view that you are actively promoting. But perhaps I am mistaken.
    Well, I asked reasonable questions to you three times and you refused to answer each and every time.

You want to make an emotional argument and appear to not like being pressed on it.

I'll try a 4th by flipping it.

Why do YOU care that another entitiy exposed our government corruption?

Why do YOU discount what was exposed? You're more angry about the breach than the data

Where and how was Trump involved?

Is Russia the only foreign government who tries to influence us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

You're free to continue with "willfull obtuseness" mocking, but so far you won't have any type of discussion as to why you're so bothered by the wikileaks exposure
    Really? I think I have posted multiple times about "connecting the dots" between the GRU hacking and passing on the stolen emails to WikiLeaks and the Trump campaign knowing about this and being willing to aid and abet GRU and WikiLeaks in their efforts to weaponize the stolen emails to inflict damage upon Clinton. Sorry for the run-on sentence. But I wanted to summarize in one sentence matters that I have posted about quite a few times. It is entirely false and disenguous on your part to suggest I have not discussed why WikiLeaks has played a problematic role in the whole Russian interference matter.

And to be very honest and clear about it, when someone repeatedly makes false and disenguous comments like that I prefer to consider them as lies rather than mistakes.

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Same as in the other thread. You pretend that your opinion is informed by evidence, then when presented with evidence you move the goalposts to a subjective realm where they’re untouchable. You’re always battering on about facts and reason, yet when you don’t like the facts you pivot to pure subjectivity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Same as in the other thread. You pretend that your opinion is informed by evidence, then when presented with evidence you move the goalposts to a subjective realm where they’re untouchable. You’re always battering on about facts and reason, yet when you don’t like the facts you pivot to pure subjectivity.
    And we should call it what it is. Intellectual dishonesty.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I'm fine accepting that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to expose DNC.

I don't know why I am supposed to get really angry about it. If Trump worked directly with them to do it? Sure. If the data was all lies? Sure.

This isn't about evidence at all. This is about why I should care about someone saying our government is corrupt.

Why do you care?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    1. Is there proof that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to release the DNC emails?
    I guess all of a sudden you are "fine" with the answer being yes to this question. Progress!!

But I don't think Russia was working with WikiLeaks to expose corruption. And it is really dishonest of you to suggest that. Russia was engaged in a campaign to undermine our electoral processes. And the Trump campaign knew about this and aided and abetted Russia and WikiLeaks in their operation. Trump also failed to share any information about the operation after the FBI informed him they were seeking to penetrate his campaign. The FBI's original investigation into Russian interference was intended to protect the Trump campaign. Then to their horror they discovered the Trump campaign was welcoming what the Russians were doing.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-18-2018 at 04:43 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I guess all of a sudden you are "fine" with the answer being yes to this question. Progress!!
    Yes. I was genuinely asking you the question and I accept your answer. I haven't been following it outside.of this thread so I trust you.