Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does Russia want The Rump to be POTUS so badly?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Why does Russia want The Rump to be POTUS so badly?

Is it because they feel he owes them thru business deals that he would be in their pocket? Is it because they feel he would be easily manipulated and an embarrassment to the US? Maybe they feel he would be easier to goad into WWIII? I don't know but it is certainly is concerning. Certainly isn't his character. Which that would be no big deal. We have only had two Presidents of high character in my lifetime. Those two being Carter and Obama.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    LOL what are you basing this off?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Which part?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    The part about Russia wanting him to win

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    If you don't realize what I am referring to you have either have ignored all the hacking stories or you haven't watched the news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Oh... you mean the government got exposed of corruption from wikileaks, and so they blame Russia - and I'm supposed to believe them? Remember the corruption they were just exposed of?

LOL

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    If you don't realize what I am referring to you have either have ignored all the hacking stories or you haven't watched the news.
    The gullibility here is so tragic.

Do you know what happened in Syria last week between the United States and Russia?

Did you know that Russia also announced last week they were backing away from nuclear treaties signed with the United States?

Do you know what happened today between Turkey and Russia?

Nevermind. Let's just chalk it up to Trump being a Russian patsy. Because that makes so much sense, and the year is 1985 and Red Russia is out to eat our babies, and our Democratic leaders aren't trying to sweep failed foreign policy under the rug in an election year.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-10-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    you have a choice of technical terms:

1) willful obtuseness
    2) extreme averting of the gaze

either one is a correct diagnosis
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Fellow Hawk, I'm curious as to your stance on this media related question. One of my faves to detest "media wise" is Sean Hannity. I read something he said the other day when confronted with yet another mountain of bull****e he was shoveling under the guise of reporting "news" of something that he wished to report on. His response to their rebuke of his latest nonsense was that "he was a talk show host, he was not a newsman". That may not be an exact quote but it was pretty close.

So, if we're going to critique the media, which IMO we desperately need to do, don't we need to establish what IS the news media, and what ISN'T the news media and then at least try to hold them to some sort of standards?

What is your take (and anyone else's too for all who want to get involved on this) on this question?

I've heard this from Fox News a couple of times. Sam Shepard and Bret baier are the hard news guys and the rest of the Evening staff are opinion guys.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I've heard this from Fox News a couple of times. Sam Shepard and Bret baier are the hard news guys and the rest of the Evening staff are opinion guys.
    Agree about Shep and Bret and the other guy (Wallace?) but what about the others? Should you be able to call yourself Fox News (or any other for that matter) and make millions off of acting like you're "the news" until somebody calls you on your bull****e and then all of a sudden you're an opinion show? If we're going to make the media accountable (and I for one believe we should) we can't let ahole Goebbelsesque manipulators of the gullible jump back and forth across that line of "Hey we're the news", "Hey did we say we're the news? We're really only opinion shows" back to "Hey we're the news", back to "Oh we're really only opinion shows".

How much longer should we allow them to do this?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    For anybody interested, we're under cyberattack right now.
    They took down Reddit. Now I don't have anything to do at work

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    They took down Reddit. Now I don't have anything to do at work

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Twitter/Spotify/Yelp to add a few more major sites, but there were dozens and dozens. Mobile payment platforms also targeted. Two separate DNS providers (one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast) hit with DDOS attacks. Massive outages reported in Europe as well.

This is either one hell of a shot across the bow, a false flag, or just really odd coincidence.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-21-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Twitter/Spotify/Yelp to add a few more major sites, but there were dozens and dozens. Mobile payment platforms also targeted. Two separate DNS providers (one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast) hit with DDOS attacks. Massive outages reported in Europe as well.

This is either one hell of a shot across the bow, a false flag, or just really odd coincidence.
    The problem with this sort of thing is, it could be "one of us" just as easily as it's "one of them". I realize it's most likely the Russians but this country has no shortage of enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    hmmm...any part of this you care to reconsider?
    I've stopped paying attention to "RUSSIA" but maybe you can give me the cliff notes of what I need to evaluate.

1. Is there proof that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to release the DNC emails? If so, am I supposed to ignore how corrupt the DNC is?

2. Am I supposed to care about targeted Facebook ads? Are they going to make me suddenly change for a high tax progressive to MAGA man?

Haven't you defended the US interfering with elections in the past? Why am I supposed to care another country tries it to us?

3. Is there any proof Trump colluded with Russia to do this? If so why is he still President?

4. I'm having trouble squaring the narrative of "Trump had no interest in winning and that's why he had so many corrupt deals going on," and "Trump committed treason to try to win"

I'm looking forward to when Mueller takes Trump down for collusion. Gotta be any day now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I've stopped paying attention to "RUSSIA" but maybe you can give me the cliff notes of what I need to evaluate.

1. Is there proof that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to release the DNC emails? If so, am I supposed to ignore how corrupt the DNC is?

2. Am I supposed to care about targeted Facebook ads? Are they going to make me suddenly change for a high tax progressive to MAGA man?

Haven't you defended the US interfering with elections in the past? Why am I supposed to care another country tries it to us?

3. Is there any proof Trump colluded with Russia to do this? If so why is he still President?

4. I'm having trouble squaring the narrative of "Trump had no interest in winning and that's why he had so many corrupt deals going on," and "Trump committed treason to try to win"

I'm looking forward to when Mueller takes Trump down for collusion. Gotta be any day now
    what propaganda ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts

pretty much what i expected

but to answer the first question you raise, yes GRU was the hacker and the party that provided WikiLeaks with the emails...but i understand you are too busy to keep up with such details...not that facts and details are things to consider when pushing your preferred narrative (as we well know from the gun death and gun ownership discussion)
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-18-2018 at 03:58 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    1. Is there proof that Russia worked with WikiLeaks to release the DNC emails?
    I guess all of a sudden you are "fine" with the answer being yes to this question. Progress!!

But I don't think Russia was working with WikiLeaks to expose corruption. And it is really dishonest of you to suggest that. Russia was engaged in a campaign to undermine our electoral processes. And the Trump campaign knew about this and aided and abetted Russia and WikiLeaks in their operation. Trump also failed to share any information about the operation after the FBI informed him they were seeking to penetrate his campaign. The FBI's original investigation into Russian interference was intended to protect the Trump campaign. Then to their horror they discovered the Trump campaign was welcoming what the Russians were doing.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-18-2018 at 04:43 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    pretty much what i expected

but to answer the first question you raise, yes GRU was the hacker and the party that provided WikiLeaks with the emails...but i understand you are too busy to keep up with such details...not that facts and details are things to consider when pushing your preferred narrative
    Let's have a dialogue here...am I supposed to discredit the content in the findings?

I don't see why I should.

Should the wives who found out their husbands were cheating on them from the Ashley Madison breach ignore what was exposed?

Am I supposed to be surprised that a foreign power is trying to influence things? Haven't you defended us for doing the same thing?

Is there any evidence that Trump was involved?

Do you have any thoughts on my other questions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts

Should the wives who found out their husbands were cheating on them from the Ashley Madison breach ignore what was exposed?
    Since you asked so nicely for a dialogue and since this question is so germane to the conversation, I think wives who come upon this information should look at it as an opportunity to have a serious conversation with their husbands. I had a mixup due to poor communication with my wife last night and we were able to use it as an opportunity to clarify a few things.

btw well done with the whataboutism and willful obtuseness...you never disappoint on those scores

"I am your retribution."