Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

Wikileaks

Isn't it time for a thread on this? Or are we still on Trump being creepy to women?

Now we have emails suggesting Sanders was paid off to support Clinton.

And we get to elevate an alarming situation with Russia by blaming them for our corruption

What a time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Wikileaks: Obama’s Cabinet Was Built By A Wall Street Banker

A former Citibank executive, who single-handedly built the entire cabinet of what was supposed to be the "main street" President.

IMHO Wikileaks is making Obama and Hillary look so bad that something's got to give, a false flag, a major war, I don't know something. I mean they are getting hammered with exposed corruption after exposed corruption.

The Obama administration wants us to believe that Russia is trying to manipulate our election, by exposing how the DNC manipulated our election. Seriously??? They're not even denying the corruption, they're deflecting, and to RUSSIA??? How does logic respond to that?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Sturg, where the **** is Ron Paul right now? He was one of the very few champions of Wikileaks years ago, and now he's suddenly quiet as a mouse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Sturg, where the **** is Ron Paul right now? He was one of the very few champions of Wikileaks years ago, and now he's suddenly quiet as a mouse.
    Not sure it matters... RP has pretty much been marginalized as a nut job.

I saw an interview he did with Assange a couple months ago. not sure if it was old or not but was a good interview

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Here's an updated list of recent releases

1. Clinton Foundation donors expected “benefits in return for gifts.”

The Daily Caller uncovered an independent “governance review” by a law firm that specializes in nonprofits. The review was requested by Mrs. Clinton’s daughter Chelsea who had concerns about the Clinton Foundation and potential conflict-of-interests with its donors, and was sharply opposed by her father’s friends and donors. The review, conducted in December 2010, concluded many of the foundation’s donors had “an expectation of a quid pro quo benefits in return for gifts.”

2. Obama’s Cabinet picked by Citigroup executive — during the bailout — a month before the election.

The New Republic uncovered an email from Michael Froman, who was an executive at Citigroup during 2008’s election, that listed potential Cabinet picks in an Obama administration, a month before the general election. The bank was being bailed out at the time.

The revelations reinforce “the need for critical scrutiny of Hillary Clinton, and for advocacy to ensure the next transition doesn’t go like the last, at least with respect to the same old Democrats scooping up all the positions of power well in advance,” the New Republic wrote.

3. Mrs. Clinton tried to save a profitable Wall Street speech before her campaign launch.

Mrs. Clinton didn’t want her husband’s speech before Morgan Stanley to be canceled before her campaign rollout, despite the bad optics, Breitbart reported.

“HRC very strongly did not want him to cancel that particular speech,” Huma Abedin said. “I will have to tell her that WJC chose to cancel it, not that we asked.”

Mrs. Clinton’s campaign manager Robby Mook argued that continuing on with the speech would be a political risk, saying it would be “begging for a bad rollout.”

4. Qatar, an Islamic State funder, gave former President Bill Clinton $1 million for his birthday.

Qatar gave the Clinton Foundation $1 million for Mr. Clinton’s birthday present in 2012. Ami Desai, director of foreign policy for the Clinton Foundation, told several staffers about the check.

“[Qatar] Would like to see WJC ‘for five minutes’ in NYC, to present $1 million check that Qatar promised for WJC’s birthday in 2011,” Mr. Desai wrote.

In a 2014 email, Mrs. Clinton said Saudi Arabia and Qatar are both giving financial and logistical support to the Islamic State terror group and other extremist Sunni groups.

5. Mrs. Clinton team poll-tested attacks on Obama’s Muslim heritage.

An email exchange between Mr. Podesta, Paul Begala and a Clinton pollster worked a list of negatives about Mr. Obama in the 2008 presidential campaign. The pollster wrote, “we have reworked the Obama message into the survey as requested,” and then lists the negatives, including: “* 7 Obama (owe-BAHM-uh)’s father was a Muslim and Obama grew up among Muslims in the world’s most populous Islamic country.”

Mr. Begala told the New York Post on Thursday that the poll was to test potential right-wing attacks on Mr. Obama to prepare him for the general election and was not used by the Clinton campaign.

6. Mrs. Clinton discussed hiding emails from Mr. Obama, then deleted them.

On March 4, 2015, Mr. Podesta wrote Mrs. Clinton’s lawyer Cheryl Mills about hiding Mrs. Clinton’s emails to Mr. Obama from congressional investigators. The day before, her team was subpoenaed to turn over all of Mrs. Clinton’s emails.

“Think we should hold emails to and from potus?” Mr. Podesta asked. “That’s the heart of his exec privilege. We could get them to ask for that. They may not care, but seems like they will.”

Three weeks later, Mrs. Clinton’s team BleachBit more than 33,000 emails.

7. Mrs. Clinton’s spokesman urged her to lie to the public on whether she sent classified information.

Bloomberg News reported Mrs. Clinton’s campaign spokesman Brian Fallon urged her to issue a blanket denial that she ever sent classified information through her private email server because anything less could open her up to charges she broke the law.

“We should not think it is fine to find something that ‘should have been classified at the time,’ ” Mr. Fallon, the spokesman, wrote to other top campaign officials on Aug. 22, 2015, as they debated a statement Mrs. Clinton would make on her use of an email server in her home.

“Our position is that no such material exists, else it could be said she mishandled classified info,” Mr. Fallon wrote

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Idk Sturg but I find it fascinating that it made it to lead story status on CNN website and NY Times on Saturday afternoon/night in the middle of football season lol.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Just a gut feeling, but I believe much more is to come. I see Assange more as a mercenary than I do a true freedom-fighter and he's fully aware of the media cycle and how to play things to maximum benefit and exposure. Obviously, he has a vested interest in bringing down Hillary at this point, because if he isn't able to it's pretty much the end of the road for him. Ecuador can't protect him forever, and I just can't see Russia taking him in either.

The first battle has been establishing that the leaks are real, generating a buzz ... familiarizing people with the story and establishing this narrative of verifiable corruption. It makes sense to string people along and attempt to convince them more and more each day before suddenly dropping a bombshell. I believe he'll release more of her transcripts, and it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped a significant amount of her (and Abedin's) e-mail exchanges with Podesta in the coming days. These have been noticeably absent from the releases so far, although there have been a few here and there.

Now, the real question is, will there be something released which sways the election in a real way? I don't know. There is a cavalcade of right-wing Internet heroes claiming that it's on the way. Drudge alludes to having something, James O'Keefe (the guy who released the ACORN brothel videos a while back) says he has videos that 'directly involve' Hillary. Fame seekers? Just trying to whip the base up in a last ditch effort?

By the same token, there have been plenty of rumors of stuff waiting to be unloaded on Trump.

And with respect to Russia, lord knows. The situation in Yemen (just reading that US warships were fired on again) is troubling too.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-16-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    The thing about wikileaks is that everyone knew Hillary was corrupt as hell already. Trying to find an honest politician is harder than finding Waldo.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (10-16-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Just a gut feeling, but I believe much more is to come. I see Assange more as a mercenary than I do a true freedom-fighter and he's fully aware of the media cycle and how to play things to maximum benefit and exposure. Obviously, he has a vested interest in bringing down Hillary at this point, because if he isn't able to it's pretty much the end of the road for him. Ecuador can't protect him forever, and I just can't see Russia taking him in either.

The first battle has been establishing that the leaks are real, generating a buzz ... familiarizing people with the story and establishing this narrative of verifiable corruption. It makes sense to string people along and attempt to convince them more and more each day before suddenly dropping a bombshell. I believe he'll release more of her transcripts, and it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped a significant amount of her (and Abedin's) e-mail exchanges with Podesta in the coming days. These have been noticeably absent from the releases so far, although there have been a few here and there.

Now, the real question is, will there be something released which sways the election in a real way? I don't know. There is a cavalcade of right-wing Internet heroes claiming that it's on the way. Drudge alludes to having something, James O'Keefe (the guy who released the ACORN brothel videos a while back) says he has videos that 'directly involve' Hillary. Fame seekers? Just trying to whip the base up in a last ditch effort?

By the same token, there have been plenty of rumors of stuff waiting to be unloaded on Trump.

And with respect to Russia, lord knows. The situation in Yemen (just reading that US warships were fired on again) is troubling too.
    Yeah, everyone always "has something." Like I said in another thread, it goes as extreme as Anonymous claiming to have video of Bill Clinton raping a 13-year-old to as scandalous as evidence existing that the new Trump accusers were actually paid off Bill accusers. All the people like Drudge, etc., I'll believe it when it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Media Coverage Friday - Monday on ABC, CBS, & NBC:
    Trump Tape (Lewd Comment where he said pussy)
    Combined Air Time - 198 Minutes
    Clinton Wikileaks (Substantial Evidence Exposing Numerous Acts of Corruption, such as Committing Treason, Accepting Bribes, Pay-to-Play, Caught breaking a U.N. Arms Band, Lying and/or Colluding with the FBI, DOJ, Media, Deleting Emails, Election Fraud...)
    Combined Air Time - 13 Minutes

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (10-17-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Media Coverage Friday - Monday on ABC, CBS, & NBC:

Clinton Wikileaks (Substantial Evidence Exposing Numerous Acts of Corruption, such as Committing Treason, Accepting Bribes, Pay-to-Play,
    Looks like there is another one who has no idea what corruption is. Let me help

cor·rup·tion
    kəˈrəpSH(ə)n/
    noun
    noun: corruption; plural noun: corruptions
    dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
    "the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"
    synonyms:
    dishonesty, unscrupulousness, double-dealing, fraud, fraudulence, misconduct, crime, criminality, wrongdoing; More
    bribery, venality, extortion, profiteering, payola;
    informalgraft, grift, crookedness, sleaze
    "political corruption"
    antonyms:
    honesty
    the action of making someone or something morally depraved or the state of being so.
    "the word “addict” conjures up evil and corruption"
    synonyms:
    immorality, depravity, vice, degeneracy, perversion, debauchery, dissoluteness, decadence, wickedness, evil, sin, sinfulness, ungodliness; formalturpitude
    "his fall into corruption"
    antonyms:
    morality, purity
    archaic
    decay; putrefaction.
    "the potato turned black and rotten with corruption"
    the process by which something, typically a word or expression, is changed from its original use or meaning to one that is regarded as erroneous or debased.
    synonyms:
    alteration, bastardization, debasement, adulteration
    "these figures have been subject to corruption"

is committing treason - treason or is it corruption ?

Accepting bribes ? Please show where HRC accepted a bribe

Pay to play ?
    What in the world does that mean ?
    who got paid and who played

My reading tells me there was an " appearance "

Hasn't all of this ground been covered ?
    Have you ever, something as simple as, watched the West Wing or have any idea how day to day electoral politics works?
    Read any of the Bob Woodward books. Wait until you learn how the Supreme Court works !!!

Your political naiveté is astounding
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-16-2016 at 10:08 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    a little history and context might be in order.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/g...ls-497373.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I'm stunned that 57 is not phased by the wikileaks... STUNNED

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-16-2016), FreemanFan (10-17-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    In a January 9, 2008, email to Podesta, Begala, Matzzie and two others, an analyst at Stan Greenberg's Democratic polling firm proposed asking voters for their reaction to 15 potential Obama vulnerabilities.
    The list of anti-Obama arguments included this one about the faith of Obama's father: "Obama (owe-BAHM-uh)'s father was a Muslim and Obama grew up among Muslims in the world's most populous Islamic country," an apparent reference to Obama's time in Indonesia.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    In a January 9, 2008, email to Podesta, Begala, Matzzie and two others, an analyst at Stan Greenberg's Democratic polling firm proposed asking voters for their reaction to 15 potential Obama vulnerabilities.
    The list of anti-Obama arguments included this one about the faith of Obama's father: "Obama (owe-BAHM-uh)'s father was a Muslim and Obama grew up among Muslims in the world's most populous Islamic country," an apparent reference to Obama's time in Indonesia.
    did they act on it ?
    of course they explored issue. It would have been political malpractice not to.
    Kinda like that time Toby and CJ ...

Still looking for an HRC attached

January 8, 2008. That would have been before the Iowa Caucus' or NH Primary.
    She was still the presumptive front runner at that point

If, and only if, what you suppose was true, why didn't they trot this out after Super Tuesday ?
    When it would have meant something

The discussions are free. It is the actions that matter.
    Trump acted on it. HRC didn't

I think the term 50pound used was "spitballing"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-16-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    did they act on it ?
    of course they explored issue. It would have been political malpractice not to.
    Kinda like that time Toby and CJ ...

Still looking for an HRC attached to this
    Wait wait wait...

So one party acts on it and it's ignorant and deplorable...

Another party considered acting on it and it's totally rational?

Are you serious???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    one party discussed it and acted on it
    another party considered it and dismissed it.

Why is this complicated?

and shouldn't you be out canvassing for Gary Johnson ?
    Trying to get him to 8%.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    The Clinton campaign most certainly did act on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-...b_9312004.html

In December of 2007, Billy Shaheen, the co-chair of Clinton’s New Hampshire campaign, raised the issue of Obama’s drug use as a young man, and the possibility that Obama could be attacked as a drug dealer. He said he was talking about how Republicans would attack Obama, but his statements had the effect of injecting racist stereotypes into the campaign: “It’ll be, ‘When was the last time? Did you ever give drugs to anyone? Did you sell them to anyone?’ There are so many openings for Republican dirty tricks.” It is a tried and true tactic: floating an idea to which you claim to not personally ascribe, with the effect of getting the idea to circulate.

The next day, Clinton privately apologized to Obama for Shaheen’s comments and claimed she had nothing to do with them. Obama didn’t accept the apology because he believed Clinton’s campaign was circulating emails claiming he was a Muslim. According to Reggie Love, Obama’s personal assistant at the time: “The candidate [Obama] very respectfully told her the apology was kind, but largely meaningless, given the emails it was rumored her camp had been sending out labeling him as a Muslim.”

In February 2008, the Drudge Report posted a picture of Obama in traditional Kenyan/Somali clothes (including a turban, which helped reinforce the “secret Muslim” smear). Drudge said the picture was circulated by the Clinton campaign. David Plouffe, Obama’s campaign manager called it “the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election.” Initially, the Clinton campaign did not deny having sent the photo, instead playing dumb about the possible impact of the photo and attacking Obama over it: “If Barack Obama’s campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely.”

In March 2008, in an interview on 60 Minutes, instead of defending Obama against the “secret Muslim” smear, Clinton carefully and strategically left room open for doubt, saying “I take him on the basis of what he says,” and then when pressed, saying he’s not Muslim “as far as I know.” Clinton could have clearly and unequivocally denounced the smears against Obama, but she didn’t.

---

WOTD: Naiveté

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2016)