Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Debate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Here is one method of making the practice of abortion obsolete.

or we could vilify those lacking the life resources some enjoy
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-24-2016 at 07:09 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (10-24-2016)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Here is one method of making the practice of abortion obsolete.

or we could vilify those lacking the life resources some enjoy
    I think it's appropriate to vilify people who choose partial birth abortions. It is difficult for me to even come up with a more heinous act than that.

You choose to defend them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I think it's appropriate to vilify people who choose partial birth abortions. It is difficult for me to even come up with a more heinous act than that.

You choose to defend them.
    Educate yourself

Politicians who bring up "partial birth abortion" do so because they know it can spur strong and visceral reactions of disgust and moral indignation, not because it's especially relevant to U.S. health care, morals, or laws circa 2016. For 13 years, since 2003, federal law has prohibited physicians from performing D&X procedures, aka partial birth abortions, at any point in a pregnancy. Almost a decade ago, in 2007, the Supreme Court upheld the ban as constitutional. In addition, 19 states have their own laws against these sorts of abortions. While the federal ban does include an exception for situations where the mother's life is endangered, abortion doctors claim they avoid the procedure anyway, as there are other options with less liklihood of legal repercussions. Even before the federal ban, D&X procedures accounted for just 0.2 percent of all abortions, and most of these were performed before the point where a fetus can feel pain or survive on its own outside of the womb.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/21/la...n-america-2016

What about blood letting
    do you have an opinion on that too ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-24-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Educate yourself

Politicians who bring up "partial birth abortion" do so because they know it can spur strong and visceral reactions of disgust and moral indignation, not because it's especially relevant to U.S. health care, morals, or laws circa 2016. For 13 years, since 2003, federal law has prohibited physicians from performing D&X procedures, aka partial birth abortions, at any point in a pregnancy. Almost a decade ago, in 2007, the Supreme Court upheld the ban as constitutional. In addition, 19 states have their own laws against these sorts of abortions. While the federal ban does include an exception for situations where the mother's life is endangered, abortion doctors claim they avoid the procedure anyway, as there are other options with less liklihood of legal repercussions. Even before the federal ban, D&X procedures accounted for just 0.2 percent of all abortions, and most of these were performed before the point where a fetus can feel pain or survive on its own outside of the womb.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/21/la...n-america-2016

What about blood letting
    do you have an opinion on that too ?
    I'm not sure how any of that is relevant to what I said.

We have a Presidential candidate who on national television failed to repudiate the action, and basically supported it.

“I’m going to give you a chance respond but I want to ask you Secretary Clinton I want to explore how far you believe the right to abortion goes. You have been quoted as saying that the fetus has no constitutional rights. You also voted against a ban on late-term partial-birth abortions. Why? ” moderator Chris Wallace asked Clinton.

“I do not think the United States government should be stepping in,” Clinton said in defense of the partial-birth abortion procedure.

“Because Roe v. Wade very clearly sets out that there can be regulations on abortion so long as the life and health of the mother are taken into account. And when I voted as a senator I did not think that that was the case. The kinds of cases that fall at the end of pregnancy are often the most heartbreaking, painful decisions for families to make. I have met with women who have, toward the end of their pregnancy, get the worst news one could get that their health is in jeopardy if they continue to carry to term or that something terrible has happened or just been discovered about the pregnancy,” she continued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “I do not think the United States government should be stepping in,”
    -HRC

"You choose to defend them. "

I understand it is a medical procedure !! And like many many medical procedures complicated on so many levels .
    Also find it odd you oppose HRC's reasoning and are in favor of the government regulating / interfering with a woman / her doctors health decision
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-24-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    ^^^ You may be on to something and last night's Hillary love-affair with abortion has the distinct potential to push more of the ones who were thinking about not voting due to Trump's immorality to instead go quietly into the booth and actually vote for him. It even gave me pause (not a long one but a pause nonetheless). akMShe did not help herself out at all imho with that move. It only reinforced the weight of the pro-Trump Evangelicals' arguments...

Here's a quote from an African-American Evangelical friend after watching the debate:

'...(A) - At this point, I can't figure out a way to push the button for him and leave the polling station with a clean conscience. Many, many respected friends who bear the bloody marks of counter-cultural faithfulness can and will. They will hold their noses and do it for the perceived greater good of stopping a greater evil. I get it, feel the force of their moral logic, and even agree that one can vote for Trump with integrity. I'm just not there though the war wounds of my friends and the intuitions of many Godly women about Mr. Trump give me some pause truth be told. Though I'm not #NeverTrump, I'm about 99% sure that I won't be pulling the lever for him. For more reasons than can and should be recounted, as a presidential candidate, he is horrible.

(B) - If Trump is horrible, Clinton is hellishly evil. There is simply no ethical/moral/political calculus by which I could vote for her and not have blood on my hands. Did you hear her talk about partial-birth abortion? It was incomparably ghoulish and couldn't be more so had a fiend of Hell come up from the bowels of the earth to make the case. Mrs. Clinton hates what I deeply love. She loves things I hate. And her cosmopolitan elitist disgust with people like me is palpable. I have nothing but trumpet blasts of truth for such a monstrously destructive public figure. 'Jesus is Lord' and 'I'm with her' are utterly incompatible...."

You poo pooed it but
    Told you in January all Trump had to do was utter he is Pro Life and you would snap into line

So tell me, how does it feel to be Trumps "base"

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    You mean the religious views you dislike are not compatible with the politics you prefer. We are all political and we are all religious.

Why not? Why couldn't one issue be indicative of much more? Who says you can't have one major issue? You do, but why must someone else submit to your view?

That aside, I'm not saying one view does (to the exclusion of other views).
    My main issue is this. Every voter's number one issue should be their own personal safety and that of their family. That should be above everything, and is why Trump should not be allowed near the White House. His lack of political knowledge and his bullying personality would be the fuse on the powder keg. But thankfully it looks like the electorate is going to rebuke him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    -HRC

It's too bad she doesn't feel that way about any other issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    -HRC

"You choose to defend them. "

I understand it is a medical procedure !! And like many many medical procedures complicated on so many levels .
    Also find it odd you oppose HRC's reasoning and are in favor of the government regulating / interfering with a woman / her doctors health decision
    I defend the woman's right to have sex. And I defend a baby's right not to be murdered.

Radical, I know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-28-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    not sure what the issue is outside of a faux call to arms for anti abortion fanatics.
    you are willfully ignorant of the law of the land as it applies to D&X Procedure .
    Let's try this once more::

Politicians who bring up "partial birth abortion" do so because they know it can spur strong and visceral reactions of disgust and moral indignation,

not because it's especially relevant to U.S. health care, morals, or laws circa 2016.

For 13 years, since 2003, federal law has prohibited physicians from performing D&X procedures, aka partial birth

abortions, at any point in a pregnancy.

Almost a decade ago, in 2007, the Supreme Court upheld the ban as constitutional.

In addition, 19 states have their own laws against these sorts of abortions.

While the federal ban does include an exception for situations where the mother's life is endangered, abortion doctors claim they avoid the procedure

anyway, as there are other options with less liklihood of legal repercussions.

Even before the federal ban, D&X procedures accounted for just 0.2 percent of all abortions, and

most of these were performed before the point where a fetus can feel pain or survive on its own outside of the womb.

Might be a good idea to read the Reason article in full.

Last edited by 57Brave; 10-25-2016 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    I'm not willfully ignorant of what Hilary Clinton said on national television. Are you?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-28-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This is a non issue.
    Used to rile (get out the vote) the anti abortion base.

No more - no less

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Trump saying he like pussy is a major issue

Hilary saying she does not support legislation to stop partial born babies from being killed... non issue

Just keeping up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-28-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Trump saying he like pussy is a major issue
    Is this honestly that difficult for you to understand, or are you intentionally being obtuse?
    Would you be OK with Trump grabbing your girlfriend by the pussy if he wants to? How about kissing her without permission? I'll assume these things are OK with you.

GRABBING WOMEN'S VAGINAS WITHOUT PERMISSION IS SEXUAL ASSAULT. SAY IT WITH ME NOW: SEXUAL ASSAULT. THIS IS WHAT HE SAID HE DID. HE DID NOT SAY "I LIKE PUSSY."

And Clinton did not say late-term abortions are reasonable if a woman happens to decide, late in pregnancy, that she doesn't want the baby. It was said in the scenario that carrying the baby to term will cause health problems for the mother. I don't see how that's outrageous. Sexual assault, however, I do find pretty disturbing, and apparently you're pro-sexual assault.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Is this honestly that difficult for you to understand, or are you intentionally being obtuse?
    Would you be OK with Trump grabbing your girlfriend by the pussy if he wants to? How about kissing her without permission? I'll assume these things are OK with you.

GRABBING WOMEN'S VAGINAS WITHOUT PERMISSION IS SEXUAL ASSAULT. SAY IT WITH ME NOW: SEXUAL ASSAULT. THIS IS WHAT HE SAID HE DID. HE DID NOT SAY "I LIKE PUSSY."

And Clinton did not say late-term abortions are reasonable if a woman happens to decide, late in pregnancy, that she doesn't want the baby. It was said in the scenario that carrying the baby to term will cause health problems for the mother. I don't see how that's outrageous. Sexual assault, however, I do find pretty disturbing, and apparently you're pro-sexual assault.
    Think about it this way.

In the free market, if you can't support yourself financially you don't get protection or assistance from the government.

If Trump grabs your girl's pussy and she doesn't do anything about it, that's just Trump demonstrating in the free market you can grab and take what you want with no government interference, as long as you earn it and pay for it with your money.

If Trump is smart enough to pay net zero taxes, can't he get credit for grabbing so much pussy that he's not locked up behind bars?
    Forever Fredi

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

yeezus (10-25-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Think about it this way.

In the free market, if you can't support yourself financially you don't get protection or assistance from the government.

If Trump grabs your girl's pussy and she doesn't do anything about it, that's just Trump demonstrating in the free market you can grab and take what you want with no government interference, as long as you earn it and pay for it with your money.

If Trump is smart enough to pay net zero taxes, can't he get credit for grabbing so much pussy that he's not locked up behind bars?
    Well now that you put it that way!
    Except I actually wouldn't care if trump paid for the grabbing of pussy, because at least there's consent there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post

One is bragging about sexual assault.

One is defending slaughtering an unborn baby.

Both are deplorable in my mind.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-28-2016)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Think about it this way.

There are no personal or property rights under a free market now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    There are no personal or property rights under a free market now?
    You're talking to a Bernie supporter...